The Iron Throne: South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:46:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne: South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Iron Throne: South  (Read 5072 times)
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« on: January 19, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »

To all the lords of Westeros,

I hereby openly support Tommen Baratheon's true claim to the throne.

Walder Frey, Lord of the Crossing
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:13:55 PM »

To The Lords of the Riverlands and The North

Any aggressive action towards my people or The Twins will result in the execution of every Northern Lord in my dungeon. If you wish to see your loved ones again you will not attempt a siege of The Twins. We can hold out for an extremely long amount of time. You will not intimidate us. 1 man on a wall is worth 10 on the ground.

Walder Frey, Lord of the Crossing
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2017, 10:40:35 AM by Swedge »

I now proclaim Edric Storm, first of his name, King of the Andals and The First Men
Lord of The Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm

We ask all Lords of the Realm to recognize King Edric Storm's authority and to swear oaths of fidelity within the coming weeks. Those who wish to challenge King Edric Storm's claim will be met with force and have all of their lands and titles revoked.

King Edric Storm looks to the realm for help. Those who wish to serve in King Edric's Small Council and court, please make yourself known.

- Signed
Ser Cortnay Penrose, Castellan of Storm's End
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

King Edric Storm I recognizes the faith militant. We must never let a Dothraki Horde destroy our way of life in Westeros.

Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent to King Edric Storm I
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »

I have been informed that The High Sparrow and his followers have committed atrocities in the capital and therefore I am withdrawing my support for such extremism.

If The High Sparrow can grow towards change and fairness in King's Landing, then I may reconsider.

Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent of King Edric Storm I
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2017, 06:47:24 PM by Swedge »

Edric I

A grey sky covered Storm's End for the past few days and the weather kept Edric inside nearly every hour of the day. Cortnay Penrose always reminded Edric that everything was changing. The days were getting longer, Edric's only family were dropping like flies and of course, that Edric was now King in the eyes of many Westerosi. As the rain crashed against the armor of Cortnay like tiny hammers beating an anvil, he walked through the courtyard towards Edric whom was standing by the entrance into the castle. "Your Grace." Cortnay knelt, the rain still pouring on top of him. Edric gestured to soaking man. "Get inside Cortnay, and you don't need to kneel when there is nobody around." Cortnay rose and followed Edric inside. As the two walked Cortnay could notice Edric's face didn't hold the usual cheery smile that he wore almost every day before being announced King. "Edric, I know it must be difficult coming to terms with what is happening but you must know everything we do is for the good of the realm." Cortnay's hand fell upon his King's shoulder as his frown grew even more obvious. Edric stopped walking and looked at his feet. The sound of stretching leather as Edric clenched his fist and the tiny droplets of water that fell from Cortnay's armor were the only sounds in the room. "If we're going to do this Cortnay, we're going to do it right. Lord Swann told me you sent an assassin to kill one of our enemies and they failed." Edric looked dead into Cortnay's eye. "If the man did his damn job we could have completely crippled Drogo's forces, next time we will not risk-" Edric's foot crashing against the floor interrupted Cortnay before he could finish his words. "You're missing the point. There is no honor in defeating your enemy in such a manner. Cortnay, we do this right. Or not at all. We are warriors and you always taught me to have a warrior's spirit, yet you do something this rash without even consulting me?" Cortnay stayed silent. Edric could see the regret in his eyes, maybe it was regret for not consulting Edric first or maybe it was regret for even thinking of the idea in the first place. Cortnay nodded as the two walked on.

Previous conversations between Edric and Cortnay have been about more civil matters. Never have they talked about the exact nature of King Edric's claim until now."Why me?" Edric asked. "Edric, we chose you to be our king because we know you are the only person who can possibly save Westeros from utter collapse. A Dothraki horde in the reach, a Targaryen in King's Landing and a Lannister hiding under The Rock like they always have done." Edric didn't seem too satisfied at Cortnay's response as he has heard these reasons a thousand times over. "I'm a bastard. It's been years since I've seen my father and now he is dead. I mean, I know I'm well on the road of being ready for the tasks at hand. I'm a warrior just like my father, but why in the name of the gods did YOU choose me." Cortnay scratched his beard and paced around the room before speaking again. "If we walked along every alley and every street of Storm's End asking every man woman and child why they follow you, you'd get thousands of different answers. Just know that they believe in you. Us here in Storm's End raised you well, you're an honorable young man. A young stag. You might not have Robert's name, but you have his blood." Edric smiled and replied to Cortnay with eagerness. "I don't have his name, yet. Tell the other lords I shall be taking the name Baratheon." Cortnay laughed as he grabbed Edric's shoulders. "Ah, I've been waiting a long time to hear you say that. I shall tell the maester to send ravens. I myself will ride back to army, we have much to discuss." Cortnay turned back towards the courtyard and sauntered towards the exit.

As he opened the door, Cortnay turned back to Edric and uttered in a loud voice. "I hope you like Northern girls, your Grace!" Before Edric could reply, the door slammed shut leaving Edric alone in the halls. Edric continues down the path to his quarters, scratching the back of his head in confusion.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »

To all the lords of Westeros,

After King Robert and King Renly's death, King Edric pondered on the possibility of taking the name Baratheon. Without a true Baratheon king alive, there is no one that has the royal authority to legitimize King Edric. After careful consideration, myself many of the Stormlords,  as well as King Edric, have decided that Edric shall take on the family name of Baratheon in order to continue the line of succession and be recognized across Westeros as the one true king.

Edric Baratheon, first of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men. Long may he reign!

Signed, Ser Cortnay Penrose, Lord Regent to King Edric Baratheon I
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »

I, Edric Baratheon, first of my name and King of the Andals and the First Men, proclaim Lord Petyr Baelish and Lord Bryce Caron to share the duties of Lord Regent.

Through their advice and my will, we shall see Westeros at peace once and for all under a true King.
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

I hereby pronounce The Blackfish the honour of serving in my Kingsguard. I trust him to serve well for such a noble cause.

King Edric I Baratheon
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 12:19:50 AM »

To Edric Baratheon, First of His Name, Rightful King of the Andals and the First Men:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lord Brynden, The Blackfish,

Your choice is your own. I shall not force you to stand by my side, but I hope you will still serve the Realm in the name of the one true King.

King Edric I Baratheon
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 11:09:04 AM »

A Proclamation to All Lords of Westeros,

Viserys Targaryen is dead. Killed in battle by the fury of the Baratheon army. His dragon is slayed and his armies scattered. My Lords, I give you one final chance to support my claim. Let us unite under one banner and eradicate the Dothraki plague that pillages our lands and murders our people.

Lord Tarly, your betrayal of your Liege Lord Mace Tyrell cannot be forgiven. You will renounce your Lordship and your heir shall become Lord of Horn Hill. You will be allowed to live out your days in the Reach as an act of mercy and respect for your family.

Prince Doran, although you directly supported the Targaryen army, Cortnay Penrose told me he greatly respected you as well as Viserys's hand, Ser Davos Seaworth. The Baratheon Dynasty will live on, I ask you to follow.

Lord Jaime Lannister, the Ironborn have caused more damage to your family and lands than any other Lord in Westeros. Renounce Tommen's claim to the throne and I will see him legitimized as Tommen Lannister. In my eyes, Tywin was the mastermind behind all of the death and destruction in the Riverlands. Allow us to speak, Lord Jaime, and we may come to a compromise.

Ours is the Fury

Edric I Baratheon, King of the Andals and The First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies