The Iron Throne: King's Landing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne: King's Landing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Iron Throne: King's Landing  (Read 5408 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »

King's Landing:

Overview:

Events have moved fast in the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, with King Robert Baratheon perishing in a unting accident and his heir Joffrey Baratheon being killed in an attempt to seize power by the anti-Lannister faction of the court. With the Throne vacant the future of Westeros becomes unpredictable, and events may quickly escape the hands of the Lords currently in the city...

Currently held by: Vacant throne, Lord Eddard Stark as Lord Regent and Hand.
Direct Players: Ned Stark, Renly Baratheon, Lord Varys, Petyr Baelish.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »

Small Council Meeting, Late 298 AL:

"The day had turned to be a sunny one, yet the mood of the city was downcast. If the sudden death of the King had shocked the citizens of King's Landing, the open display of a battle in the Red Keep and the news of Prince Joffrey Baratheon's death had stunned the populace into silence, wholly unsure of what exactly was going on inside the walls of Maegor's Holdfast. Only the Goldcloaks, the whores and the thieves roamed the streets, the gates closed.

The mood was nowhere any better inside the Red Keep. The Queen Dowager and the Princess where confined to their rooms under house arrest, and so was one of the last surviving knights of the decimated kingsguard. Several lords had left in disgust led by Yohn Royce, and at the chambers of the Small Council a small group of Lords appeared to have the fate of the Kingdom on their hands. 

The Lord Protector sat at the head of the table, still pale at the sight of Prince Joffrey's corpse and the collapse of his intentions. Renly sat by his side, equally pale yet far more composed. The Spider and the Mockingbird looked awfully casual for an occasion as grim as that one. Ser Barristan sat at the end of the table, a broken sight of a man. Completing the group where Janos Slynt and Grand Maester Pycelle, both wondering on what exactly their future would be.

It was Varys and Baelish who took the lead, outlining the main topics of discussion:

-The Throne: Easily the most consequential matter, the unexpected death of Prince Joffrey and the escape of Prince Tommen towards the Westerlands leave the Small Council with an almost unsolvable dilemma. With several options on the line, who will the Small Council proclaim as King?

-Riverlands War: The war between the Lannisters and the Tullys grows fiercer every day, and the expedition of Lord Beric Dondarrion is yet to return or send word of their progress. What should be done regarding this conflict?

-Offices: The recent conflict has opened up several vacancies on the Kingsguard (at the very least Ser Boros and Ser Meryn, with Ser Arys carrying Prince Tommen, Ser Jaime fighting with the Lannisters and Ser Preston captive in the Red Keep), and there is the matter on whether Lord Stark's current regency means he is to continue as Hand of the King as well.

It was going to be a long session for the Council, and one that might just decide the future of the Realm.

What are your responses, proposals and actions, gentlemen?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 04:47:45 PM by Enduro »

Let's get started.

Regarding succession, I hope that the small council will support Lord Renly as King of Westeros. Stannis demonstrated a deep misknowledge of everything regarding ruling, except war, when he made his declaration before we could contact him about a peace. Lord Stannis will be another Robert, and as much as I loved Robert, he was no ruler. Renly is the King Westeros needs. Anyone oppose?

On the War in the riverlands, House Tully needs help fighting the Lannisters. The North will come to their aide. We'll also send an envoy to the Vale to get their support as well. Is it plausible to get Tywin to stand down in exchange for Cersei and Mrycella?

There are four vacancies on the Kingsguard. Who shall fill these positions? I believe we should appoint Loras Tyrell, and possibly Oberyn Martell to give him his chance to avenge his sister.

OOC: sorry about the typo about the Kingsguard vacancies, fixed it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 06:27:06 AM by Malcolm X »

My Lords, it is truly a privilege to have the honor of seconding Lord Stark's wise decision to support Lord Renly's claim to the Iron Throne.  In these troubled times, Westeros needs a King as strong as he is wise and I can think of no other man better suited for the task than Lord Renly of House Baratheon.    

While I agree that Ser Loras would be an excellent addition to the Kingsguard, I fear it would be a mistake to name Prince Oberyn.  Why should we aide the Martells?  They hate Starks and Baratheons near as much as they do Lannisters.  Even now there are whispers of meetings between Dornish merchants and Targaryen exiles, but I am sure our friend Lord Varys would be happy to elaborate on such matters...  I fear I must also ask where these six vacancies come from given that Ser Mandon, Ser Balon, and Ser Barristan all did their duty during the Lannisters' coup attempt.  Thus, it would seem there are only four vacancies in the kingsguard. 

In any case, I would like to suggest an alternative to the Red Viper of Dorne.  Ser Brynden Tully is a man of honor, a skilled warrior, and he is known to have no interest finding himself a wife.  Furthermore, it would be an excellent way for House Tully to show that it stands in solidarity with Lord Renly.  After all, they can't truly expect the protection of the Crown unless they affirm their willingness to bend the knee, which is not to say there is any reason to assume they won't do so.  However, until such time as House Tully declares for Lord Renly and recognizes him as the one true King of Westeros, I would suggest that we fight the Lannisters elsewhere, mayhaps even by laying siege to Casterly Rock.  Of course, it is my earnest wish that Lord Edmure do his duty to the realm as soon as possible, as the Tullys are like family to me and I would like nothing more than to see the Crown come to their aide.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 05:00:32 PM »

A retinue of yellow and black coated guards emerge through the doorway of the small council, forming an outward facing ring as an armored knight emerges, hand on his hilt.

'My Lords, I must apologize for my delay. I have had some, arrangements to put in place. My brother Robert claimed the throne to save the realm, and today I must do the same. I will take the crown, and hope that the small council can crown me as soon as possible. A declaration must be signed by us, and sent out to the Lords across Westeros to know that King Robert's small council has protected his legacy.

The Lion will not bow for the Stag even if we have their pups, Lord Tywin will be looking to strike and will not surrender his armies. We must raise as many kingdoms as possible against him, and crush him in wrench.

Lord Varys I trust you can play a vital role in this new struggle. I need the support of Dorne in this endeavor, and trust that you will act as an Envoy for me, and meet with Prince Doran. I know that he wants justice for those who harmed his sister, and tell him that he will have his justice when we take Casterly Rock'
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »

Alas, I must decline the generous new role that Lord Renly has offered me. Though he was so kind as to call me a lord, I must remind you that I am no more a nobleman than I am a man. Even if the wise Prince Doran did not see sending a commoner and a foreigner to convey your request as an insult, his lords certainly would. (Giggling) I'm afraid not many people are happy to see a Spider. Perhaps Ser Barristan, as a famous and honorable noble with ties to House Baratheon who is serving as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, would be a better choice to show legitimacy than a humble servant such as myself.

I think I would better serve Lord Stark and yourself by providing advice for you here in the Red Keep. For example, my little birds tell me that Lord Stannis is not sitting idle. In addition to holding the royal navy Lord Stannis has collected a motley army of sellswords. It would seem that the Lord of Dragonstone has his eyes on the Riverlands himself; if you linger too long you may find that he has snatched away the loyalty of Riverlords. I understand that those close to Lord Tully are getting...agitated at the continued Lannister raids and that they expect him to march imminently. Unfortunately, it seems that Lord Beric has failed to tame the Mountain and that the Riverlands continue to burn.

As for the Kingsguard, I think Loras Tyrell would be an excellent choice. However, I would suggest other than Prince Oberyn or Ser Brynden Tully. For one, I doubt that Prince Oberyn would be willing to give up his *coughs* free lifestyle for the duty and dedication of the Kingsguard. Relations between the regency and Dorne might be complicated should he refuse. And it would be folly to expect the Blackfish to abandon his family while they are threatened and at war to serve in King's Landing. I understand he just recently left the prestigious post of Knight of the Gate because he thought his family and the Riverlands might be in danger. I doubt he could be compelled to accept a position on the Kingsguard. Choosing Ser Brynden could also create a future problem in the Riverlands. As you know, Lord Hoster Tully is old and infirm and his only son is currently at risk leading an army. Should Ser Edmure tragically pass away in the conflict, the Riverlands would pass to Lady Catelyn and then to one of Lord Stark's younger sons. Should such a tragic circumstance come to be, I believe both Lady Catelyn and the Riverlords would prefer Ser Brynden to serve as Castellan rather than be ruled from distant Winterfell. It is best, I think, to look away from the highest houses for the Kingsguard.

My humble suggestion for the vacancy would be that you select a suitable man of ability from the Crownlands for the Kingsguard. While the Crownlands are small, they surround King's Landing and are an area from which Lord Stannis will seek allies. By naming a Crownlander to the Kingsguard, you might honor these lords and show that you respect their importance. Perhaps the brother of Lord Rykker of Duskendale, Ser Eustace Rykker, or the nephew to Lord Chyttering, Ser Rickard Chyttering, might be appropriate.

If your Lordships intend to pursue House Lannister I would suggest that you start with King's Landing; I'm afraid that young Tommen has reached the Westerlands and is, for now, out of your reach. There are a number of Lannister men who continue to hold posts in the city, especially in the ports. I would suggest that you replace these as soon as possible, perhaps by bringing in honorable and loyal Stormlanders and Northmen to ensure that they remain loyal to the Crown and cannot be swayed over to Lord Stannis or to Lannister gold. I would also suggest that a message be made explaining both King Robert and Joffrey's deaths; the public do not understand what has occurred and will soon reach answers of their own if not convinced of the proper motives of Your Lordship. I would also suggest that ravens be quickly sent denouncing the actions of Lord Greyjoy. The longer is allowed to play king the more others might consider doing the same.

Finally, For the good of the Realm, I must point out that before leaping right into a war it would at least be customary to attempt peace negotiations with Lord Tywin. He is a sensible man and you currently hold his only daughter. Perhaps our eminent colleague, Grand Maester Pycelle, might have some insight on this matter? I would be curious as the Grand Maester's learned thoughts on all these affairs.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 08:37:01 PM »

The Spyder has a point. In addition to Loras Tyrell, I will name Eustace Rykker and Rickard Chyttering to the Kingsguard. For the last position, I suggest that perhaps Eddard Karstark could take the role. I have met him many times, and watched him grow into a formidable fighter. He'd be the first Northman named in many years.

Another man I had in mind was Lucas Blackwood, to show the Riverlands some support. His father is a trusted military mind for Edmure, and this position could go a long way in winning the loyalty of House Tully's bannermen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 08:55:14 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 09:11:22 PM by Malcolm X »

The Spyder has a point. In addition to Loras Tyrell, I will name Eustace Rykker and Rickard Chyttering to the Kingsguard. For the last position, I suggest that perhaps Eddard Karstark could take the role. I have met him many times, and watched him grow into a formidable fighter. He'd be the first Northman named in many years.

Another man I had in mind was Lucas Blackwood, to show the Riverlands some support. His father is a trusted military mind for Edmure, and this position could go a long way in winning the loyalty of House Tully's bannermen.

Forgive me, Lord Stark, but I believe the King is traditionally the one who appoints knights to the kingsguard rather than the Regent.  Our traditions and the rule of law are of paramount importance, especially in such troubled times as these.  As for House Tully, I fear it would be serious mistake to offer any concessions without some sign of their loyalty.  At the least, they should bend the knee if they expect to receive the protection of the Crown. 

As for Lord Tywin, I fear Lord Varys has gotten tangled in his own web.  Lord Tywin may be many things, but a "sensible man?"  No.  Surely every other man in this room knows that whatever else Tywin Lannister may be, he is not a sensible man.  At least...not unless we are to call the likes of the Mad King "sensible men." 

My Lords, I believe it would be to all our benefit if we put our rightful King on the Iron Throne as soon as possible.  Lord Stark and I stand with Lord Renly.  It is my sincerest hope that the rest of the Small Council will do the same.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 09:18:48 PM by Lumine »

My Lords, a few words if you can spare the time for this old man.

I must point you the lapse in memory by our esteemed Master of Coin, the Kingsguard has only two vacancies and naught more. Ser Barristan, Ser Mandon, Ser Jaime, Ser Preston and Ser Arys all live, even if Ser Preston lies in chains and Ser Arys and Ser Jaime remain far away. It was only Ser Boros and Ser Meryn who encountered such a terrible demise, and it is they who must be replaced by royal decree.

Regarding the subject of war, my Lords, I believe we must do whatever is necessary to prevent war between the Houses of Baratheon and Lannister. Already did the Realm bleed too much twenty years ago, my lords, and the damage was inmense. Lord Tywin is a proud lord, but a wise one at the same time. The lives of Queen Cersei and Princess Myrcella are not to be discounted, and could prove a way to reach an understanding with the Lions before this war goes beyond any control. I would strongly, strongly urge those in this room to send an embassy to Lord Tywin.

I wish to agree with the wise proposal made before regarding Dorne, and suggest that embassies are sent to both Dorne and to Casterly Rock to find the chance of peace. Lord Varys may not be a Lord, as he so adamantly declares, but he sits on the Small Council and he has acted on the interests of many Kings. Given that Lord Stannis is absent, that due to my advanced age moving out of the capitol would be a futile endeavor, and that the Lord Hand may be unable to travel due to his injuries, may I suggest that our Master of Coin Lord Baelish be sent as a royal envoy to Lord Tywin, and that our Master of Whisperers be indeed sent to Dorne?

Ser Barristan rises from his seat

My Lords, I cannot agree with what is being done here. I took up my sword to defend the Lord Protector as the words of King Robert gave him his blessing, yet the actions of the last day have seen the honor of us all soiled beyond repair. Prince Joffrey was murdered despite our duty to protect him, yet no moves have been taken to clarify what it is that led to his death, and whether the Commander of the City Watch has any involvement on this matter.

Nowhere in the will of King Robert did it state that Lord Renly could take the Iron Throne. There has not been a single word crossed on what makes Prince Tommen or Princess Myrcella unfit to rule, or why we should ignore the claims of Lord Stannis despite being the eldest brother to the fallen King. This appears to be a meeting with an outcome determined far before, and in a way that makes an old knight such as myself deeply distrustful of.

I have a duty to fulfill as the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, but such is not a duty that includes the plots that appear to be taking form on this very room as we speak. I take my leave.

Ser Barristan leaves the room
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »

Shame! Shame, I say, on the slander just thrown around by Ser Barristan. My men on the City Watch know full well it was Sandor Clegane, the Hound, who betrayed and killed Prince Joffrey, and we have enough witnessess to attest to it. Let it be known that Janos Slynt is no traitor. I stood with Lord Stark and Lord Renly in the Throne Room, and I would do it a thousand times if needed be.

I stand with Lord Renly today, and I say that the City Watch of King's Landing knows no King but Renly Baratheon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 09:24:31 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 09:28:45 PM by Malcolm X »

I fear I must decline any request to act as an envoy to Lord Tywin; I could be the but I thank the Grand Maester for the trust he believes should be placed in me.  I believe I can best serve the realm as Master of Coin and a loyal counselor to Lords Stark and Baratheon.  In any case, it would seem we have yet another vacancy in the Kingsguard.  And I must express my grave disappointment in Ser Barristan as it is known that Lord Janos is as honorable as he is loyal.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 10:35:28 PM »

Forgive me, Lord Stark, but I believe the King is traditionally the one who appoints knights to the kingsguard rather than the Regent.  Our traditions and the rule of law are of paramount importance, especially in such troubled times as these.  As for House Tully, I fear it would be serious mistake to offer any concessions without some sign of their loyalty.  At the least, they should bend the knee if they expect to receive the protection of the Crown. 

As for Lord Tywin, I fear Lord Varys has gotten tangled in his own web.  Lord Tywin may be many things, but a "sensible man?"  No.  Surely every other man in this room knows that whatever else Tywin Lannister may be, he is not a sensible man.  At least...not unless we are to call the likes of the Mad King "sensible men." 

My Lords, I believe it would be to all our benefit if we put our rightful King on the Iron Throne as soon as possible.  Lord Stark and I stand with Lord Renly.  It is my sincerest hope that the rest of the Small Council will do the same.

One man's madness is another man's sensibility, Lord Baelish. I doubt anyone in this room would expect Lord Tywin to put his beloved daughter and granddaughter at an unnecessary risk.

And I see no reason for conflict between the Lord Protector and Lord Renly. If Lord Stark has no authority than either Tommen or Stannis should be king by right. I think it is clear that both Lord Renly and Lord Stark support each other for sake of peace and the good of the realm. On that subject, a humble functionary such as I will not stand in the way of the decisions of paramount lords as to who is or is not king. If Lord Stark and the great men of this council believe that Renly should be king, then Renly is king. My duty is to advise the king of the happenings of the realm, not to determine who should rule. I believe this is the sort of situation where "we all hang together or we all hang separately."

I will go to Dorne if sent, of course. However, I must warn you that I will not be able to provide advice of the happenings of the realm should I depart. On that note, my little birds tell me that Lord Stannis is singing sweet songs of a council position to the Lord of the Twins. Should Lord Frey make the...unfortunate move of siding with Stannis, supporting the Riverlands from the North would be difficult.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 09:22:11 AM »

With the absence of Lord Stannis Baratheon and Lord Commander Selmy, the abstention of Lord Varys and Grand Maester Pycelle, and the affirmative vote of Lord Stark, Lord Renly Baratheon, Lord Baelish and Commander Slynt, the Small Council confirms:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is up to King Renly to either bring the meeting to a close, make decisions, or change the subjects to be discussed (OOC: hopefully this doesn't take too long, the game has to move on). The office of Master of Laws is now vacant, and Lord Stark remains Hand and Lord Protector unless the King determines otherwise.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »

It's foolish to send Varys anywhere. His network of little birds bring vital information, and to lose access to that would be to lose the war.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

A letter to the people of Westeros, both noble and common:

You deserve to know what has transpired in King's Landing, and the events that occurred immediately after King Robert Baratheon's death.

Before his death, I discovered that the royal children are not legitimate. They're the children of the former Queen Cersei Lannister and Ser Jaimie Lannister. My proof is the Baratheon lineage; whenever a Baratheon married a Lannister their children would possess brown hair and green eyes, yet, Cersei's children doesn't have these traits. It is my fear that my son Bran discovered this, and they attempted to kill him to keep the secret. As they did to the last Hand, Jon Arryn, who discovered the secret shortly before his death.

Robert's death had nothing to do with these events. He was drunk on a hunt, and was killed by a boar.

He passed before I could tell him, but with his last breaths, he signed a decree naming Renly Baratheon his heir. Cersei attempted to steal the crown from him, and place Joffrey Lannister on the Throne.

Janos Slynt sided with the true King, and proceeded to have the "royal family" arrested. In his attempt to flee, the Hound betrayed Joffrey and killed him. An event I was hoping to prevent. I didn't want anyone to die. Cersei and Myrcella are being held in the Red Keep.

Eddard Stark, Hand to King Renly Baratheon.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »

My Lords, I humbly accept the crown of my Brother and hereby swear that I, Renly of the House Baratheon, do take the title of King.

Slowly wrapping his fingers around the quill, Renly glances up at Sir Loras who is standing guard at the door and a slight small creases from the corner of his mouth. Lord Renly then flourishes his signature across the parchment

I trust that this declaration can be send to Lords across the realm. We must stop the bloodshed of a Lannister uprising, and to do this we must get as many lords on side as possible. I trust that in the coming moons we will have support from most of the major houses in Westeros.

We must take several actions to secure the city, and ensure that either Stannis or Tywin do not have any advantage. Cersei has put several of her allies in key positions across the city, and we should move to remove these men immediately. We should double the guard of Lady Myrcella, and Lady Cersei. They must not be allowed to escape the capital.

I will raise my banners in the Stormlands, and I trust you will do the same Lord Eddard. We will need every sword in the Kingdom if we are to take on Lord Tywin, and save the realm.

I will appoint Balon Swann to my Kingsguard, his father has served the Stormlands well and Ser Balon is one of the best swords in the Capital. I will invite Ser Guyard Morrigen from the Stormlands, and hope that Ser Mandon More will bend the knee and join my Kingsguard. I feel it still too early to appoint other members of my Kingsguard, but I trust Ser Loras, and his skilled swordsmanship will serve me nobally.

Lord Janos, order your men to close the gates and the port. Move the capital to war footing, and secure the port. I don't want Ser Barristan leaving, and fleeing to Stannis. Take heed my lords, the following days will not be easy.

King Renly swiftly emerges from his chair, and rushes out the small council room, surrounded by the sea of guards who protected their new found liege.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »

Small Council meeting closed. Expect a write-up or a POV later today.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »

xHouse Tyrell
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 05:09:06 AM »

X King Renly
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 12:54:25 AM »

Small Council Meeting, End of 298 AL:

Only a few weeks had passed and the Small Council had changed significantly, many of its old members now facing arrest. It was a meeting to be presided by the King himself (Blair), with old members Varys (Dereich), Janos Slynt (NPC) and Petyr Baelish (Mr. X) attending alongside the new members of the council: Mace, Loras and Willas Tyrell (all controlled by Windjammer by proxy). Many matters required their attention:

-Arrests: A series of decisions had resulted in the arrests of Ned Stark, Grand Maester Pycelle and Ser Aron Santagar, whose fates had to be decided soon. Furthermore, the disappearance of Sansa and Arya Stark created an important dilemma to be solved.

-Crown Debt and Administration: King Renly's assumption of the Throne meant taking over the crown debt, estimated at well over 6,000,000 GD. Already envoys from the Iron Bank of Braavos and the Faith were asking whether Renly would repay these debts (and how) making for a relevant topic to debate. Similarly, the arrest of many Lannister supporters had left many vacancies at the administration of the capital not fully solved by the Crownlanders who had currently been selected as replacements.

-Coronation and Marriage: A new King means a coronation and a royal marraige, both highly expensive ceremonies that can prove crucial for public support and legitimacy. What is to be decided pertaining these events?

-King's Landing affairs: Despite the city currently under control by the Gold Cloaks it is believed many supporters of Stannis and Tommen abound, particularly with the city merchants. More concerning is the fact that the food supply of the city is running low, meaning new sources of food have to be secured.

What are your responses, proposals and actions, gentlemen?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 06:51:20 AM »

Renly and Margaery's wedding

We are pleased to announce that the ceremony of the wedding between Margaery and King Renly just happened.
A wedding with total simplicity (OOC: that means no big expensive ceremony)

xOlenna
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 06:30:38 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2017, 06:51:07 AM by Fmr President Blair »

'The high crimes of Lord Tywin Lannister, and his banner-men are clear for the whole realm to see. Despite the orders of my departed Brother King Robert and Lord Stark, the Lannister forces and Ser Gregor Clegane have raided the riverlands, committing countless crimes against the King Peace.

For this reason, I, Renly of the House Baratheon, the first of my name, King of the Andals and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm hereby charge Tywin Lannister with high crimes against the Seven Kingdoms, I attaint him, and strip him of all ranks, titles and incomes'

In his place, for his continued, and loyal service to the Realm on the Small Council, I hereby grant Lord Baelish the Lordship of Casterly Rock, Lord Paramount the Westerlands and title of Warden of the West, along with all other land,income and titles held by Lord Tywin.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 12:19:01 AM »

Your Grace, I cannot thank you enough for the trust you have placed in me.  It is truly an honor to serve such a wise and noble as yourself.  As Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and Lord of Casterly Rock, I hereby forgive all of The Crown's debts to House Lannister.  Once the war is over, I shall contribute a portion of my new incomes to paying back the Iron Bank of Braavos.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 07:23:19 PM »

A public proclaimation intended to be heard by my daughters; Sansa and Arya,

Your safety is my biggest concern. Please, turn yourself in to the Gold Cloaks so I can bring you home. We can trust them, King Renly only wishes to see you safe, and I only wish to hold you in my arms again.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »

ARYA:

She was hungry again.

The thought crossed her mind without control, pressing her. Several days she’d been in the streets now, always struggling to find food and having to resort to all of the tricks of her mind to keep herself going. After all the nightmares of the past fortnights she had allowed herself to think the nightmare itself would be over when they left King’s Landing… but now, she questioned whether she would leave the capital at all. The first sign that things had turn wrong came a long, long time ago… her father had left his chambers in the middle of the night, barely guarded and careful not to make a noise. She’d followed him, of course, through the corridors and stairs and ever wary of making the slightest noise. It did not take long for her father to reach the room in which he left his guards behind, and by staying close to one of the windows Arya managed a stare into the room and then devoted herself to listening. It was his father, in the company of Littlefinger and Renly Baratheon.

-It is quite the opportunity, my Lord Hand. – Littlefinger was saying, almost obsequiously so – We may never have this chance again.-
-I understand your reluctance, Lord Stark. – Renly said, more conciliatory – But if Cersei holds the throne from Joffrey we’re all in danger. And if you give it to Stannis, the realm will bleed endlessly.-

Slowly but surely Arya overheard a large part of the conversation, and each verbal blow struck at the very image she had of her father. Why… would someone as honourable as his father be making deals with Littlefinger and Renly? Why… why the talk of locking Tommen and Myrcella? Why… seizing the throne? Questions opened up questions as Arya realized something had gone very wrong in the Red Keep. Unable to stay quiet anymore, she left the window and began the long way to her room, slipping past unnoticed. She was locked in over the next day, under guard and her father’s orders for Sansa and her not to leave their rooms. But she could hear the sword fighting and the chaos, and it wasn’t long before she managed to break the lock of the window and look outside. The courtyard of the Red Keep was chaotic as Lannisters and Goldcloaks ran everywhere, and she was sure that she saw the Hound running through one of the doors. The next sight was that of Joffrey, red-faced and screaming to the top of his lungs, a bloody sword on his hand. Joffrey disappeared from sight before screaming a final time, and before the windows were closed by his father’s men the last sight Arya had of the courtyard was that of blood pouring out from a corpse…

Sansa attacked her father that night. In tears and despair, she’d gone as far as calling her father a murderer for the death of Prince Joffrey. Arya had wanted to slap her for saying something so wrong, and yet… she had no strength to do so. Her father had been talking to Littlefinger and Renly the night before, and now… and now… Renly was King. What had her father agreed to? Just what had they ended up agreeing on that fateful night? She hated Joffrey with a passion for what had happened to Mycah, but was it right for him to be murdered like that? And on whose orders? The questions made her uneasy, and her dancing lessons suffered all the more for it. It did not take long for her father to announce that they were all leaving the city to go home, and while Sansa said not a word Arya felt relieved for the first time. Finally, she would leave this hated place and find the time and place to ask the questions she needed answered from her father.

The ambush of the Goldcloaks caught them by surprise. Little she remembered of the moment, as it had happened so fast. The Stark guards fell quickly, and so did her father when they violently hit and threw him to the ground. She saw Sansa surrounded, and Syrio being impaled with the spears of the City Watch. She’d taken Needle and injured one of the guards, and ran away as fast as she could... and ran, and ran, all the way until she ran out of breath and the tears began to flow. But she’d survived all the way until now, avoiding the evil Goldcloaks as much as she could while finding it impossible to cross the gates to leave the city. The streets of Flea Bottom had been eye-opening for her. Amidst the misery, the hunger and the everyday life there was little place for the silly intrigues of the court, although she could note both the disdain of the smallfolk for the corrupt Goldcloaks and the support of many for Renly, and for some for Tommen and Stannis.

-A proclamation from Lord Eddard Stark! – Arya heard from an officer leading a patrol of watchmen – A public proclamation intended to be heard by my daughters; Sansa and Arya. Your safety is my biggest concern. Please, turn yourself in to the Gold Cloaks so I can bring you home. We can trust them, King Renly only wishes to see you safe, and I only wish to hold you in my arms again. -

Could that be true? Could it? Was her father free now? Was she… to turn herself into the Goldcloaks, even as they had murdered their Northerners? Something sounded wrong…

-Hey! Hey, you! – A guard shouted after seeing her – That’s her! That’s Arya Stark! –

The guards and their officer ran towards her, pushing and kicking as those in the street to make way as Arya ran away as fast as she could. It did not take long for her to be cornered on a short alley, the five guards and the officer looking at her with their eyes glowing as others watched and dared not intervene. They talked of gold and rewards as greed poured out of their eyes, and Arya could not believe these were the men her father wanted her to surrender to. She drew Needle, but soon the sword flew out of his hand with a swing by an overweight guard. They all started to laugh, and Arya could think of no way to escape.

-Enough! – A powerful voice shouted – Have you no honor!? –

It was a knight. Lightly armoured in red colours and with his head covered in the oddest helmet Arya had ever seen, he held a sword on his hand as he commanded the guards to leave her alone. Arya backed away as the guards threw themselves at the strange knight, who with a grace and elegance she had never seen in a fight dispatched them one by one, injuring them or killing them if needed be. When only the officer was left he ran away, the knight angrily shouting at him to never return to Flea Bottom as many in the street openly cheered. Arya approached him slowly, grateful and immensely curious.

-Thank you… ser.-
-Not at all, girl. I’ve lived long enough to see some of the things the Goldcloaks can do to girls in the street.-
-That was incredible, ser. I’ve never seen a fighter like yourself! –
-Thanks to you, girl. I dare say…-

But he was interrupted as over a dozen Goldcloaks appeared back on the street, all of them running towards the mystery knight. He saluted Arya and ran away towards a different alley, the guards following towards him as they all disappeared on the distance. Many who had looked with curiosity returned to their affairs, and Arya approached another girl who kept looking at the distance.

-Who was that? – Arya asked, eyes wide open –
-Nobody knows. – The girl replied – But they call him the Stranger’s Knight.-
-The Stranger’s Knight? –
-Aye. A septon said he was doing the work of the Stranger, and they say his armour is painted with a drawing of the Stranger. They say… they say he is a knight for justice.-

Arya looked at her with increased curiosity, but the girl had other things to do, and left to find her family. Arya sat at the side of a wall and began to wonder, impressed by the display of that mysterious knight, and even somewhat sad of being unable to thank him for saving her from the Goldcloaks. Seeing what the guards did opened her eyes further, and convinced him that the latter had to be fake. Her father would never leave her to the mercy of men as bad as those, and so he had to be in prison still. But it was Sansa who concerned her the most this time, for the City Watch was also searching for her even though Arya knew well that her sister would find it hard to hide herself on the crowds. Was she… taken? Is she…? But she refused to entertain the thought. If Sansa was out there, she had to find a way to find her, and leave the capital. It was a long and dangerous route home… but she was sure she could make it.

-One way or the other, I will go home. -

It was in that state of mind that she got up rapidly, so determined to resume her journey that she paid no mind to the sound of footsteps that appeared to approach her. Indeed, all Arya felt was hands holding her still, then a sharp pain on her head… and then silence.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies