North Korea wont be testing nuclear weapons
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  North Korea wont be testing nuclear weapons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: North Korea wont be testing nuclear weapons  (Read 896 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2017, 04:12:01 AM »
« edited: January 03, 2017, 06:19:06 PM by Meclazine »

Here i was stressing out about the new year, coupled with the anxiety of having to deal with the impending test of nuclear weapons by North Korea.

But then i checked my Twitter feed.

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!

Thanks Donald for putting my fears at ease. So glad i signed up for Twitter to get his feed. It's tremendous.

Here is a summary of where Trump's tweets come from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geEVwslL-YY

Interesting.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »

Ayylmao we're all going to die.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »

Be that he deletes the tweet after their next test?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »

One Trump Tweet, and the global media is in a spin:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38496070

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-trump-idUSKBN14M18H

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/03/as-trump-and-north-koreas-kim-spar-china-poses-as-the-responsible-actor/?utm_term=.b68becada92c

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/33711086/trumps-tweet-clear-warning-to-north-korea-says-seoul/#page1

One tweet, and the media is off. Trump is trolling the media so heavily, and they are taking the bait.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »

Do you think He does the entire 16 year old alt-right deal? Think He has a lot of cat girls in his browser? Its not like people can ignore Him. He's the president...but damn.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »

color me confused...what are we supposed to be outraged about here?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

Color me old fashioned, but Twitter is not the place for the President to discuss foreign policy. Especially not in such a grade school manner.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »

Anybody noticed how that leader is twice as fat now as just a year ago?

Stress eating?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 06:32:08 PM »

Anybody noticed how that leader is twice as fat now as just a year ago?

Stress eating?
or a glandular problem....or zero self control.....I'll go with the last one, like most fat people.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 07:38:47 PM by Cashew »

Yep, we're going to war with North Korea. It is among the safest ways to boost his legacy early on, who would stick up for the North Korean anyway.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »

Yep, we're going to war with North Korea. It is among the safest ways to boost his legacy early on, who would stick up for the North Korean anyway.

Well the obvious answer is China. I sincerely hope he doesn't start his "legacy" by starting WW3. I mean Obama was bad, but not this.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 07:55:21 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 08:00:53 PM by Cashew »

Well the obvious answer is China. I sincerely hope he doesn't start his "legacy" by starting WW3. I mean Obama was bad, but not this.

I blame the current situation on H.W bush. And Bill Clinton. China was so much weaker back then! and of course there were people pulling the china card back then as well as an excuse to do nothing, and its only getting worse.

But no, I do not think the CPC is really stupid enough to send millions of troops to prop up an Orwellian regime, and destroy any domestic and international credibility they have.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 07:58:17 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 08:05:12 PM by Beet »

I blame the current situation on H.W bush. And Bill Clinton. China was weaker back then! and of course there were people pulling the china card back then as well as an excuse to do nothing, and its only getting worse.

The 'China card' you mean not starting WW3? As much as I don't like North Korea, as long as they're not attacking anyone they're good. It's frightening how so many people have a bloodlust when it comes to China/North Korea. These are the same people who are hysterically warning about war with Russia when there's zero chance Trump would do that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The whole reason North Korea exists is as a strategic buffer for them. They would definitely send in troops. Anyway, North Korea on its own could destroy Seoul, a city of tens of millions of people. This would easily be the biggest loss of life since WWII, 10x the size of Iraq.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 08:25:26 PM »

The 'China card' you mean not starting WW3? As much as I don't like North Korea, as long as they're not attacking anyone they're good. It's frightening how so many people have a bloodlust when it comes to China/North Korea. These are the same people who are hysterically warning about war with Russia when there's zero chance Trump would do that.

You mean like bombing Serbia would start WW3? exactly, no because Russia, despite its nukes was simply not in a practical position to resist at the time. Even now when Russia has somewhat recovered, when Ukraine underwent a color revolution Putin did not send tanks into Kiev.

And Ukraine is far more important to Russia as a buffer, than North Korea is to China.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »

You mean like bombing Serbia would start WW3? exactly, no because Russia, despite its nukes was simply not in a practical position to resist at the time. Even now when Russia has somewhat recovered, when Ukraine underwent a color revolution Putin did not send tanks into Kiev.

And Ukraine is far more important to Russia as a buffer, than North Korea is to China.

Ukaine had a peaceful revolution... it wasn't invaded by the U.S. while under Yanukovych rule. There weren't US planes bombing the Donbass. Also, Ukraine wasn't a nuclear power. Besides, the other stuff I've already said should rule out attacking North Korea.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 08:38:00 PM by Cashew »

Ukaine had a peaceful revolution... it wasn't invaded by the U.S. while under Yanukovych rule. There weren't US planes bombing the Donbass. Also, Ukraine wasn't a nuclear power. Besides, the other stuff I've already said should rule out attacking North Korea.

You have yet to explain why didn't Russia invade if buffer states are so important? come on just give it up. Ukraine is for all intents and purposes part of the western sphere now.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »

Why didn't Russia invade if buffer states are so important? come on just give it up.

Because Ukraine wasn't being used to host U.S. armies like South Korea is. Besides, it did invade.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »

Why didn't Russia invade if buffer states are so important? come on just give it up.

Because Ukraine wasn't being used to host U.S. armies like South Korea is. Besides, it did invade.

A half assed "invasion" supplying volunteers . Had Putin been serious it would have looked like Hungary in 1956.

But anyway the US military presence is just an excuse. The status of a unified Korea can easily be negotiated behind their back.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »

A half assed "invasion" supplying volunteers . Had Putin been serious it would have looked like Hungary in 1956.

But anyway the US military presence is just an excuse. The status of a unified Korea can easily be negotiated behind their back.

Sure, if it was negotiated before a war starts. Not if the war starts before a deal is worked out. But even then, you have the problem of how do you disable North Korea's nukes and artillery before it uses them.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 08:54:05 PM »

Sure, if it was negotiated before a war starts. Not if the war starts before a deal is worked out. But even then, you have the problem of how do you disable North Korea's nukes and artillery before it uses them.

This is where is lay the blame on the previous presidents for not acting in the 1990's, while the United States enjoyed hegemony, and North Korea was not nuclear. As for the artillery, Yes that is problematic, but unless you have a peaceful coup some sort of bloodbath is inevitable anyway. Better for future generation not to have to deal with it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 08:56:16 PM »

http://

This is where is lay the blame on the previous presidents for not acting in the 1990's, while the United States enjoyed hegemony, and North Korea was not nuclear. As for the artillery, Yes that is problematic, but unless you have a peaceful coup some sort of bloodbath is inevitable anyway. Better for future generation not to have to deal with it.

It's not inevitable. There could be a coup, or Kim Jong Un could die, or they could be brought back to the table by negotiations. Again, a war would result in the deaths of thousands, maybe millions. And if instigated by the U.S. when the status quo is peace, it would be tantamount to mass murder. Not to mention thousands of American troops would die and the global recession to follow. Finally, China would not likely agree to such a plan. I oppose this.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »

http://

It's not inevitable. There could be a coup, or Kim Jong Un could die, or they could be brought back to the table by negotiations. Again, a war would result in the deaths of thousands, maybe millions. And if instigated by the U.S. when the status quo is peace, it would be tantamount to mass murder. Not to mention thousands of American troops would die and the global recession to follow. Finally, China would not likely agree to such a plan. I oppose this.

Umm no.

But anyway you have made your opposition clear, and since we have made most of our points and neither of us is convinced, how about calling it quits on this thread?
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 09:40:24 PM »

Point of Order: China will not go to war with the US to defend North Korea.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 02:38:01 AM »

China wont go to war full stop.

Donald is going to bend them over and make them pay where it hurts....the wallet.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 08:25:55 AM »

In fact, China will assist Trump in disposing of North Korea.

That way China could be on the winning side.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies