How many states would Kanye West win in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:41:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How many states would Kanye West win in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: How many states would he win?
15+

10-15

5-10

1-5

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: How many states would Kanye West win in 2020?  (Read 1818 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

Kanye will be too mentally incompetent to run for president. Plus his shameless pandering to the rapist in chief.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2017, 09:38:09 PM by Tintrlvr »

If he wins the nomination, 15+ for sure. If he was able to successfully sell himself to the Democratic apparatus, he'd get at least 43% in the GE. The country is too polarized for him to lose in a true landslide.

I fundamentally disagree with the "country is polarized" meme. The country is definitely polarized on one side; about 40-42% of voters would never even consider voting for any Democrat, regardless of how great the Democratic candidate was or how terrible the Republican candidate was (in part, witness Trump, though Clinton was not a particularly amazing candidate on the Democratic side). But I am not at all convinced that the same holds true on the left. I think the hard floor for the Democrats is no more than about 30% or so. It is true that, due to demographic and identity (increase in self-ID'd liberals) changes, the floor for the Democrats is slowly growing while the floor for the Republicans is steadily shrinking, and it is also true that the Democrats typically win the sorts of voters who can go both ways overall even when losing elections nationally, but I think a truly terrible candidate for the Democrats, like Kanye, would be far more disastrous for the Democrats than a truly terrible candidate for the Republicans would be (is, perhaps, in the case of Trump) for the Republicans because the floor is much lower.

Never minding Clinton states that are actually swing-ish, like Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, Minnesota, New Hampshire and Maine, it is extremely difficult for me to imagine Kanye winning states like Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Illinois. There are way, way too many solid D voters (who last voted Republican in 1988 if not earlier or never at all) in those states who would never, ever consider voting for Kanye. They wouldn't necessarily vote for Trump, either (a sizeable chunk would, though), but they most likely would not see enough of a difference to turn out.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »

I have him carrying;

CA, NY, IL, MD, VT, and D.C

He'd still get 120 EV though because anyone with a (D) will carry the big three dem islands (CA, NY, IL).

If Republicans can still win IL and MD in midterms, they can win against Kanye f**king West in a presidential year.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:16 PM »

LOL
Nyssus
Misteeer
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 12:12:00 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2018, 12:15:02 AM by Misteeer »

Donald Trump/Mike Pence: 333 EV, 53%
Joe Biden/Kamala Harris: 205 EV, 40%
Kanye West/Himself: 0 EV, 5%
Others: 0 EV, 2%

He's a deranged rapper who compares himself to Jesus and said that "God talks to him" and gives him his "brilliant" ideas. He's also compared himself to other extremely influential individuals, such as Beethoven, Picasso, Walt Disney, and Steve Jobs. He went from pledging to challenge Trump in 2020 last year to pandering up to him this year. A third party candidate would undoubtedly challenge him, reigning in most of the liberal votes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »

His support with Trump along with Don King, Dennis Rodman and Mike Tyson alienates himself with Blacks
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies