Julian Assange continues to be a douchebag part 88732467
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:22:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Julian Assange continues to be a douchebag part 88732467
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Julian Assange continues to be a douchebag part 88732467  (Read 1524 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »

If the tax-dodging, potty-mouthed, sex-assaulting, Russia-fawning, billionarie-bro, President-elect wants respect and legitimacy he can damned well earn them
Well he's certainly earned the hatred of unhinged ranting lefties like you. That's certainly a good sign of him being worthy of respect.
So if Hitler was alive today and had "earned the hatred of unhinged ranting lefties" you'd respect him?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 10:02:41 PM »

So now Trump (and a growing number of right-wingers) is siding with Julian Assange.

Why are they taking the word of a foreign adversary over our own intelligence community? 

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 10:26:27 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2017, 10:28:22 PM by Beet »

I find myself in the strange position of being solidly in the "Russia hacked Podesta and should pay for it, go Obama, go CIA, Trump is nuts / compromised / borderline treasonous" camp, but I also have a lot of admiration for Julian Assange. He is making himself into a historical figure of importance and the world owes him a great debt of gratitude for Wikileaks. However, he does need to face the law for his rape accusations.

Cross post:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Liberals are becoming off the wall unhinged. They're exposed, and they just don't know what to do.

I'll admit I'm pissed because I think if the RNC had been similarly exposed, worse stuff would have come out than for the DNC, but they didn't get exposed. However I'll admit partisans like me are much more likely to care about that than the average person.

However, it's one thing not to care about the hack, it's another thing for the POTUS to be obsessively in the corner of Russia and sh**t on our own people in doing so, as opposed to evaluating the evidence objectively like a president should.

It just stinks when you have major politicians like Trump and Tulsi Gabbard who seem to be fanatically in the corner of certain foreign powers, to the extent where they'll seemingly never say anything bad about them no matter what. Previously, only AIPAC was like this, and everyone hated them. Now it seems like these types are popping up all over.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »

So now Trump (and a growing number of right-wingers) is siding with Julian Assange.

Why are they taking the word of a foreign adversary over our own intelligence community? 

Let's stop the polite bullsh**t. It's because because they're traitors.

They ignore their oaths of office. They act against their constituents best interests. They make their nation worse off in order to gain personal wealth and power.

This is by no means a unique problem to the Republican party. But in 2017 it's become clear that it's almost beyond the abilities of the GOP to even PRETEND that they're not all traitors, out to destroy the US, its people,  and everything it stands for. And they have a cult of brain-dead zombies cheering them on.
EnglishPete

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 05:40:54 AM »

If the tax-dodging, potty-mouthed, sex-assaulting, Russia-fawning, billionarie-bro, President-elect wants respect and legitimacy he can damned well earn them
Well he's certainly earned the hatred of unhinged ranting lefties like you. That's certainly a good sign of him being worthy of respect.
So if Hitler was alive today and had "earned the hatred of unhinged ranting lefties" you'd respect him?
Earning the hatred of unhinged lefties isn't everything. It is however a good sign.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »

31m
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
The dishonest media likes saying that I am in Agreement with Julian Assange - wrong. I simply state what he states, it is for the people...to make up their own minds as to the truth. The media lies to make it look like I am against "Intelligence" when in fact I am a big fan!

This guy is the gift the just keeps giving.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 09:06:29 AM »

Time Assange was on his way back to Sweden
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: