Why the pessimism about Donald Trump here? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:44:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why the pessimism about Donald Trump here? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the pessimism about Donald Trump here?  (Read 2268 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: January 04, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »

Im actually more worried about the republican party as a whole than the current figurehead.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »

I honestly don't really understand the point of this thread. Even the most delusional democratic hacks on this forum have recognised that Hillary was a terrible candidate whatever her merits as a potential President. You seem to be arguing against a straw man in that regards. However, she is now irrelevant. From now on, whatever she may or may not have done only exists as a hypothetical, so we can fully start to pick apart what Trump plans for his time in office. So far, his actions have confirmed he is a moronic hack, a slave to the most basal of republican orthodoxy, borderline incoherent in his messaging and outright crooked in his deals. The fact that Hillart said calllous stuff occasionally and was lax with her email security is now by the by.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »

I honestly don't really understand the point of this thread. Even the most delusional democratic hacks on this forum have recognised that Hillary was a terrible candidate whatever her merits as a potential President. You seem to be arguing against a straw man in that regards. However, she is now irrelevant. From now on, whatever she may or may not have done only exists as a hypothetical, so we can fully start to pick apart what Trump plans for his time in office. So far, his actions have confirmed he is a moronic hack, a slave to the most basal of republican orthodoxy, borderline incoherent in his messaging and outright crooked in his deals. The fact that Hillart said calllous stuff occasionally and was lax with her email security is now by the by.

That is true, but the main point of this thread was to examine attitudes towards Trump. And the fact is that everyone here, who has commented here, is united in opposition to Trump. What gives? I would give the man a chance. What would you say if Trump succeeded, and was reelected to a second term?

In my mind, the majority of the electorate voted for change, and Hillary Clinton didn't embody that. Political dynasty was rejected.

I would say the democratic party should be annointed the most incompetent political party on earth alongside the Democratic Party of Japan. Because I genuinely do believe the Dems are a rubbish party, I would not be surprised if he won again, even if he is as incompetent as he seems.

And not to be rude, but this forum is supposed to be a mature and nuanced analysis of politics. We don't need shallow media #analysis like "voting for change". Certainly there was a wide revulsion against a political elite and a tendency for the American left to drown itself in data and THR DEMOGRAPHOC FUTURE!!!! That doesn't mean the country as a whole is particularly fond of Trump, and they certainly ain't fond of his party. There are plenty of politicians who were immensely popular in their time and now frowned upon by posterity.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »

Most of the "evil" commited by the Clintons was merely very average political stuff (I think people are incredibly naive if they think it is limited to them) or hearsay they brought upon themselves due to their bizzare secrecy fetish.

Like the reason we are denigrating Trump is we are observing his actions, following through on the substance of his words and examining the sorts of people he is surrounding himself with. By comparison, your examination of Clinton is based on the fact she said dumb stuff occasionally.

In short, when people say "trump is a sack of crap" they normally provide evidence for it. You saying the washed up has been Hillary is a sack of crap is irrelevant, because you have provided no evidence beyond the comfortable false equivalence that intellectually dishonest people use to conceal their lack of critical thought.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »

Tbh if Clinton had won especially in a mediocre finish, my prediction would be a 2018 blowout worse than anything the Democrats have ever seen before.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

Very interesting partisan stuff there, but you seem to be consistently ignoring everybody's point so you can endlessly repeat yourself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies