teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter  (Read 6831 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2017, 08:53:26 AM »

Angus, dumbasses have been filming their crimes and putting them on the internet since the second dummies figured out how to post images on the internet.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2017, 09:08:56 AM »

You know, some people are just violent and not politically motivated. So far it seems that there is no evidence to support the idea that the victim is a Trump supporter. Had this not been somehow linked to Trump, no one here would even be talking about it. It's not okay to beat people up for any reason.

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.

I have not seen any evidence that this person is a Trump supporter. Trump ain't the victim here, the person beaten up is.

Uh... yeah, duh.  No one has said otherwise.  Doesn't matter if the guy was a Trump supporter.  If 4 KKK members did this to a black guy and talked about Obama, you wouldnt be asking or caring if the guy was an Obama supporter.
If four white people did this did this to a mentally disabled black person saying " black people  Obama" the media wouldn't be hesitating over calling it a hate crime and neither would the Chicago police. There would be wall to wall coverage of this 'terrible hate crime' and what it tells us about Trump's America.

The liberal media (and liberal politicians and academia) are so obsessed with the idea that hate crimes are something primarily done by white people to non white people that they will get themselves worked up into  lather about case after case of what turn out to be hoax hate crimes.

When video occasionally emerges of actual hate crimes taking place white people are usually the victims not the perpetrators. However these cases are given far less prominence in the liberal media because that would upset the narrative that they (and liberal politicians and academics) are trying to sell.

So at least right-wingers are finally admitting that equality should matter. Your ideology is embedded in the principle that the world is meant to be unfair and that should include media coverage too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »

Do people not understand people who commit a hate crime are likely to attack that same group again? I don't know if this would necessarily qualify or not (I'd lean towards not tbh), but there is a very valid reason for hate crime law. It's about an entire group being in danger of deliberate attack rather than an isolated person often under aggravating circumstances.

That being said, I needed little more reason to question the morals of some on here (not the anti-hate crime brigade...the actually despicable comments), but this is a new level.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2017, 09:40:48 AM »

Christ.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »

I'm not watching the video. I think we can all agree this is terrible and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Same.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »

I'm not watching the video. I think we can all agree this is terrible and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Same.

You mean the video still hasn't been removed? What the hell?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2017, 09:56:02 AM »

These are children.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »

No, they are all 4 adults.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »

Disgusting a**holes.

Jail them for life (or a very harsh sentence).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2017, 10:24:55 AM »

life might be a bit much, but 20 years (min, no early out) sounds pretty good to me...so charge 'em for 30, let 'em out at 20 if they can prove they can play well with others.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »

Good grief the hacks in this thread. A guy gets tortured and the response is 'tu quoque'?! Get a grip you ignorant fools.

Agreed. These people are just vile scum.

This is all over Chicago network news.

The responses in this thread are disgusting.  You people need to snap out of it.

This action is horrific and if it was racially or politically motivated, should be treated as a hate crime with especially harsh consequences.

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.
This is the only right response one can possibly give, and it saddens me that there are so many hacks in this thread trying to downplay how bad this is. Disgusting.

Oh and how is this not political? I mean I read Foucaulf's theory, but even in that case they clearly made it seem like a politically/racially motivated crime to the victim and it should be treated as such.

^^^

Stop acting surprised.

"Trump on Torture: 'We Have to Beat the Savages'"
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-torture-we-have-beat-savages

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You support this guy, and now you're upset that people are doing horrible things? To mentally disabled people?

This is what you wanted.

Vile scum is an accurate description, but it applies equally to these criminals as to Trump and those who are supporting him and his deplorable ideas.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »

came back with the shovel heh?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »

Youngest is 18 years old.  Video has been removed from FB but you can watch the longer version from many sources.

One thing we probably should not forget is that everyone is, by law, presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law by, if requested, a jury of his peers. 

This begs the question:  in this day of instant communication, is it really possible to find a truly unbiased, uninformed, unprejudiced jury of one's peers?  By custom, we would all need to excuse ourselves from the jury pool, because we have all already either tried and convicted these young people, or we have excused them and dismissed the case according to some rationale involving Donald Trump's rudeness during the campaign.  Once a story goes "viral" it seems like a difficult thing to guarantee a speedy and fair trial.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »

We live in the world of equivalency.

The common sense might be to react horribly to any kind of despicable acts but the partisanship draws draws us to react with defensiveness.

Unfortunate, but that's the world we are living in.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2017, 12:34:42 PM »

Assuming the comments here are accurate (I'm not watching the video), these are awful, hateful people who should be punished like all perpetrators of hate crimes.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2017, 12:36:15 PM »

Look these kids are monstrous sociopaths. That's not in dispute. What's also disgusting is Trump supporters trying to cite this as proof of their political oppression.

I do not attribute this disgusting act to liberals as a whole. They are individuals who committed a reprehensible racial/political motivated attack. (I DO think the media is responsible for this kind of environment giving their grossly twisted reporting on any racial event that occurred in the last few years.)

But as for Trump supporters being politically oppressed...

Considering that liberals completely dominate the media in a nation where conservatives outnumber liberals nearly 2 to 1, I'd say there is a large degree of political oppression going on.

Try being an open Trump supporter in college or any media occupation. You'll receive nothing but endless harassment, mockery, being singled out, and differential treatment.  Ask any business owner what happens if the liberal online mob decides that they don't like who the business is selling to or personal political positions the owner holds. Trump supporters face endless mocking and ridicule anytime they turn on the tv. They're always made fun of. They're always relegated to having sinister motives. They're always the butt of every joke in late night comedies.

They are always targeted and shamed by people who have very real power to destroy others.

There's a reason why the polls were so off in 2016. You see, when liberals claim they are literally 'terrified' of Trump, they do not actually fear him. They hate him, but they are not actually afraid. Fearful people do not shout out in anger and protest/riot. Fearful people do not draw attention to themselves.

Those who are truly afraid stay quiet. They stay hidden. They do not speak out because doing so means a threat to their livelihoods/grades/jobs/business.

These are your hidden Trump voters.

Won't someone please think of the fascists Sad Sad Sad
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »

Look these kids are monstrous sociopaths. That's not in dispute. What's also disgusting is Trump supporters trying to cite this as proof of their political oppression.

I do not attribute this disgusting act to liberals as a whole. They are individuals who committed a reprehensible racial/political motivated attack. (I DO think the media is responsible for this kind of environment giving their grossly twisted reporting on any racial event that occurred in the last few years.)

Considering that liberals completely dominate the media in a nation where conservatives outnumber liberals nearly 2 to 1, I'd say there is a large degree of political oppression going on.

Try being an open Trump supporter in college or any media occupation. You'll receive nothing but endless harassment, mockery, being singled out, and differential treatment.  Ask any business owner what happens if the liberal online mob decides that they don't like who the business is selling to or personal political positions the owner holds. Trump supporters face endless mocking and ridicule anytime they turn on the tv. They're always made fun of. They're always relegated to having sinister motives. They're always the butt of every joke in late night comedies.

They are always targeted and shamed by people who have very real power to destroy others.

There's a reason why the polls were so off in 2016. You see, when liberals claim they are literally 'terrified' of Trump, they do not actually fear him. They hate him, but they are not actually afraid. Fearful people do not shout out in anger and protest/riot. Fearful people do not draw attention to themselves.

Those who are truly afraid stay quiet. They stay hidden. They do not speak out because doing so means a threat to their livelihoods/grades/jobs/business.

Like, if you really want to double down on "all supporters of the winning Presidential candidate are fascists who should be treated as unpersons by right-thinking members of society", you are going to be in for an unpleasant few years.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »

Like, if you really want to double down on "all supporters of the winning Presidential candidate are fascists who should be treated as unpersons by right-thinking members of society", you are going to be in for an unpleasant few years.

It's going to be an unpleasant few years (at a minimum) no matter what he or I think about the people who support a President-elect who openly advocates murdering women and children, sexual assault, and torture.

As for the fascism... if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, eats duck food and poops duck poop, hangs out with and screws other ducks to produce ducklings, I don't think it matters one bit what you prefer to call it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 02:11:41 PM by Gass3268 »

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »

Good.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »

Also, regarding the ppolitics of the victim, it doesn't matter what they are, but if someone did that to me, I sure wouldn't want headlines to call me a Trump supporter.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 02:40:53 PM by MT Treasurer »

Yeah, calling them fascists is almost an invitation to commit those hate crimes and borders on hate speech.

And I do think that the people who are trying to downplay and justify this crime here deserve the same fate as the victim in this case.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »

You know, some people are just violent and not politically motivated. So far it seems that there is no evidence to support the idea that the victim is a Trump supporter. Had this not been somehow linked to Trump, no one here would even be talking about it. It's not okay to beat people up for any reason.

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.

I have not seen any evidence that this person is a Trump supporter. Trump ain't the victim here, the person beaten up is.

Uh... yeah, duh.  No one has said otherwise.  Doesn't matter if the guy was a Trump supporter.  If 4 KKK members did this to a black guy and talked about Obama, you wouldnt be asking or caring if the guy was an Obama supporter.

Why would it really matter? There's no need to politicize everything. We can talk all the hypothetical scenarios in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that a political angle doesn't make this crime more or less worse.

I agree that the crime is reprehensible regardless, but it is noteworthy that the attackers themselves politicized this first.

No.

You don't get to "agree" this is reprehensible. Your party supported and continues to support a candidate and president-elect who has publicly supported sexual assault, torture, and murder of women and children.

This is the world you wanted.

Seek help.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »

I don't know why people are wobbling around issue as if it detracts from your status as a liberal if you condemn the worst excesses of people ostensibly on your side using politics to satisfy their horrible desires: these four people commited hate crimes and should have the book thrown at them.

I mean, if you really want to be all Gramscian about this and say the distorted and toxic nature of American politics that has culminated in a caricature in thuggishnes being given the highest office In the land has led to this violence being considered appropriate, whatever. But people still have individual agency and these individuals used their agency to kidnap and torture a vulnerable adult for their own merriment.   them, in other words. Hopefully they'll spend twenty years regretting their idiotic thughishness.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »

I don't know why people are wobbling around issue as if it detracts from your status as a liberal if you condemn the worst excesses of people ostensibly on your side using politics to satisfy their horrible desires: these four people commited hate crimes and should have the book thrown at them.

I mean, if you really want to be all Gramscian about this and say the distorted and toxic nature of American politics that has culminated in a caricature in thuggishnes being given the highest office In the land has led to this violence being considered appropriate, whatever. But people still have individual agency and these individuals used their agency to kidnap and torture a vulnerable adult for their own merriment.   them, in other words. Hopefully they'll spend twenty years regretting their idiotic thughishness.
Excellent post, crabcake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies