teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:34:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter  (Read 6680 times)
JJC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »
« edited: January 05, 2017, 12:41:17 AM by JJC »

Look these kids are monstrous sociopaths. That's not in dispute. What's also disgusting is Trump supporters trying to cite this as proof of their political oppression.

I do not attribute this disgusting act to liberals as a whole. They are individuals who committed a reprehensible racial/political motivated attack. (I DO think the media is responsible for this kind of environment giving their grossly twisted reporting on any racial event that occurred in the last few years.)

But as for Trump supporters being politically oppressed...

Considering that liberals completely dominate the media in a nation where conservatives outnumber liberals nearly 2 to 1, I'd say there is a large degree of political oppression going on.

Try being an open Trump supporter in college or any media occupation. You'll receive nothing but endless harassment, mockery, being singled out, and differential treatment.  Ask any business owner what happens if the liberal online mob decides that they don't like who the business is selling to or personal political positions the owner holds. Trump supporters face endless mocking and ridicule anytime they turn on the tv. They're always made fun of. They're always relegated to having sinister motives. They're always the butt of every joke in late night comedies.

They are always targeted and shamed by people who have very real power to destroy others.

There's a reason why the polls were so off in 2016. You see, when liberals claim they are literally 'terrified' of Trump, they do not actually fear him. They hate him, but they are not actually afraid. Fearful people do not shout out in anger and protest/riot. Fearful people do not draw attention to themselves.

Those who are truly afraid stay quiet. They stay hidden. They do not speak out because doing so means a threat to their livelihoods/grades/jobs/business.

These are your hidden Trump voters.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »

I have no faith in the States Attorney's Office to prosecute this effectively, so don't hold your breath.  Here's an actual quote from authorities,

"Police will "determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving" to help decide whether to pursue hate crime charges, Duffin said."

Lol, GIVE ME A BREAK, stupid ranting and raving?!  If the roles were reversed, we'd have a couple thousand people marching downtown tomorrow.  This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who is familiar with Chicago, there are some real animals out there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »

You know, some people are just violent and not politically motivated. So far it seems that there is no evidence to support the idea that the victim is a Trump supporter. Had this not been somehow linked to Trump, no one here would even be talking about it. It's not okay to beat people up for any reason.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

You know, some people are just violent and not politically motivated. So far it seems that there is no evidence to support the idea that the victim is a Trump supporter. Had this not been somehow linked to Trump, no one here would even be talking about it. It's not okay to beat people up for any reason.

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.

I have not seen any evidence that this person is a Trump supporter. Trump ain't the victim here, the person beaten up is.
JJC

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »

I have no faith in the States Attorney's Office to prosecute this effectively, so don't hold your breath.  Here's an actual quote from authorities,

"Police will "determine whether or not this is sincere or just stupid ranting and raving" to help decide whether to pursue hate crime charges, Duffin said."

Lol, GIVE ME A BREAK, stupid ranting and raving?!  If the roles were reversed, we'd have a couple thousand people marching downtown tomorrow.  This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who is familiar with Chicago, there are some real animals out there.

Could you imagine the difference in response had this been 4 white guys torturing a black man, yelling 'f*** black people, f*** Obama'?

It would be like 9/11 type coverage. There would already be riots in Chicago as we speak.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 10:46:07 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2017, 10:48:07 PM by Green Line »

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.

I have not seen any evidence that this person is a Trump supporter. Trump ain't the victim here, the person beaten up is.

Uh... yeah, duh.  No one has said otherwise.  Doesn't matter if the guy was a Trump supporter.  If 4 KKK members did this to a black guy and talked about Obama, you wouldnt be asking or caring if the guy was an Obama supporter.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »

Hmm. Illinois seems to have repealed the death penalty.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:48 PM »

Yes. How is that even remotely related?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »

Did you listen to anything they said on the video?  I can't imagine you did.  There aren't many white people around those parts.. they didn't just pick this guy at random.

Uh... yeah, duh.  No one has said otherwise.  Doesn't matter if the guy was a Trump supporter.  If 4 KKK members did this to a black guy and talked about Obama, you wouldnt be asking or caring if the guy was an Obama supporter.

Why would it really matter? There's no need to politicize everything. We can talk all the hypothetical scenarios in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that a political angle doesn't make this crime more or less worse.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:25 PM »

Horrific, they need to find these criminals, lock them up, and throw away the key.

Even if they had it, capital punishment would only be allowed if the victim died.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2017, 11:10:50 PM by DavidB. »

This is all over Chicago network news.

The responses in this thread are disgusting.  You people need to snap out of it.

This action is horrific and if it was racially or politically motivated, should be treated as a hate crime with especially harsh consequences.

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.
This is the only right response one can possibly give, and it saddens me that there are so many hacks in this thread trying to downplay how bad this is. Disgusting.

Oh and how is this not political? I mean I read Foucaulf's theory, but even in that case they clearly made it seem like a politically/racially motivated crime to the victim and it should be treated as such.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:09 PM »

Why would it really matter? There's no need to politicize everything. We can talk all the hypothetical scenarios in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that a political angle doesn't make this crime more or less worse.

I agree that the crime is reprehensible regardless, but it is noteworthy that the attackers themselves politicized this first.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 12:14:51 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 10:04:28 AM by Runeghost »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/01/04/four-people-in-custody-after-live-streaming-the-kidnap-and-torture-of-a-purported-trump-supporter-n2267307

The video is online if you want to watch it but it is disturbing.

There are other reports that the man/kid is mentally disabled.

(Adding in OP's quote to make it clear this post was a response to him.)

Why do you find it disturbing?

Your candidate, now the president-elect, publicly stated people that murdering women and children of their enemies was a fine and worthy thing. And your party supported him afterwards.

This is the world you wanted.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 12:51:20 AM »

I agree that the crime is reprehensible regardless, but it is noteworthy that the attackers themselves politicized this first.

No.

You don't get to "agree" this is reprehensible. Your party supported and continues to support a candidate and president-elect who has publicly supported sexual assault, torture, and murder of women and children.

BoAtlantis

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 01:34:40 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 01:55:22 AM by BoAtlantis »

Look these kids are monstrous sociopaths. That's not in dispute. What's also disgusting is Trump supporters trying to cite this as proof of their political oppression.

I do not attribute this disgusting act to liberals as a whole. They are individuals who committed a reprehensible racial/political motivated attack. (I DO think the media is responsible for this kind of environment giving their grossly twisted reporting on any racial event that occurred in the last few years.)

But as for Trump supporters being politically oppressed...

Considering that liberals completely dominate the media in a nation where conservatives outnumber liberals nearly 2 to 1, I'd say there is a large degree of political oppression going on.

Try being an open Trump supporter in college or any media occupation. You'll receive nothing but endless harassment, mockery, being singled out, and differential treatment.  Ask any business owner what happens if the liberal online mob decides that they don't like who the business is selling to or personal political positions the owner holds. Trump supporters face endless mocking and ridicule anytime they turn on the tv. They're always made fun of. They're always relegated to having sinister motives. They're always the butt of every joke in late night comedies.

They are always targeted and shamed by people who have very real power to destroy others.

There's a reason why the polls were so off in 2016. You see, when liberals claim they are literally 'terrified' of Trump, they do not actually fear him. They hate him, but they are not actually afraid. Fearful people do not shout out in anger and protest/riot. Fearful people do not draw attention to themselves.

Those who are truly afraid stay quiet. They stay hidden. They do not speak out because doing so means a threat to their livelihoods/grades/jobs/business.

These are your hidden Trump voters.

But if there were scared Trump voters, shouldn't he have done way better in urban areas where they'd fear getting called out? He dominated rural areas, which was already favorable for him anyway. He got crushed in areas he was expected to get crushed, and lost a lot of voters even in many high-income Republican areas that Romney won by a good margin. Also, I don't think scared people would be willing to put backyard signs.

Professions are largely self-selected. Those that want to make appeal to broad audience tend to seek things like journalism, comedians and professors. GOP is more suited for private, business-minded professions. GOP is not so much oppressed. Their personality suits their choice of career path.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »

Good grief the hacks in this thread. A guy gets tortured and the response is 'tu quoque'?! Get a grip you ignorant fools.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 07:29:38 AM »

Why do you find it disturbing?

Your candidate, now the president-elect, publicly stated people that murdering women and children of their enemies was a fine and worthy thing. And your party supported him afterwards.

I didn't vote for Trump, have hated him since before you were born (probably).  Do I get to find it disturbing?

Speaking of disturbing.  Some of you really really need to step back and look at this with different eyes for a second.  You're embarrassing yourself.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2017, 07:37:11 AM »

But of course no one can be racist against whites because reasons.
EnglishPete

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 07:58:34 AM »

If four white people did this did this to a mentally disabled black person saying " black people  Obama" the media wouldn't be hesitating over calling it a hate crime and neither would the Chicago police. There would be wall to wall coverage of this 'terrible hate crime' and what it tells us about Trump's America.

The liberal media (and liberal politicians and academia) are so obsessed with the idea that hate crimes are something primarily done by white people to non white people that they will get themselves worked up into  lather about case after case of what turn out to be hoax hate crimes.

When video occasionally emerges of actual hate crimes taking place white people are usually the victims not the perpetrators. However these cases are given far less prominence in the liberal media because that would upset the narrative that they (and liberal politicians and academics) are trying to sell.
EnglishPete

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »

I highly doubt these people were sociopaths.  You keep throwing that term around like it means something different than what it does.  And you're kind of justifying their actions in doing so.  "Oh, they were sociopaths so while wrong and punishable... the root causes were individual and pathological"

Unlikely.

There is a chance it may be gang related.  But it was clearly racially and politically motivated... and its root cause is hate.
I have to disagree with you there. A group of people are violent, sadistic, show a total lack of empathy and an inability to foresee the consequences of their actions. That kind of fits for sociopathic behaviour. I don't think that justifies it at all the behaviour. Sociopaths are more than capable of hate indeed are very much likely to show it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2017, 08:29:17 AM »

"hate crime" shouldn't be a thing.  If you do a horrible thing you should get convicted for that horrible thing, not add on time for the stupid reasons you might have had to do said horrible thing.

That said, if we do have "hate crime" laws on the books, then what these four ADULTS did clearly falls under them.  If you normally support "hate crime" and don't in this case, then you're a bigot and a hypocritic....but you likely knew that already.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2017, 08:40:21 AM »

This is obviously godawful, and god horrible, and yes racist.

This is a hate crime, should be treated as such. Bunch sadistic psycophathics thugs that should go to jail, and to do that to mentally disabled person, jesus christ.

Yuuuh if the reaction were reversed and if this were a trump supporter doing such a thing, some leftists who acted like hacks would screaming and yelling.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »

It's rather blurry and shaky, but I can clearly identify a guy with tape over his mouth, huddling in a corner.  I can also hear lots of anti-Trump shouts made in stereotypical black accents.

At the risk of being roundly chastised here, I have to wonder if it's a hoax.  If a group of people actually kidnapped, bound, gagged, and beat a person it wouldn't make sense for them to capture it on video and then post that video on a social medium such as Facebook.  Criminals get caught by doing stupid things, but those stupid things are usually accidental.  The filming and posting required some positive action, and one would assume that at some point during the posting it would occur to the poster that it's not a good idea to post it.

Okay, I found a longer version of the video, in case anyone is interested:  http://regated.com/2017/01/kidnapped-trump-supporter-tortured-by-chicago-thugs/

I guess I'm starting to think that it wasn't staged.  I've found Brittany Herring's facebook page and it suggests that she might not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree (or sharpest knife in the drawer, choose your favorite metaphor for vapid, incurious, or unintelligent).  It also suggests to me that she may spend a great deal of time under the influence of narcotics.  If you're really curious, take a look at the facebook page.  There's enough anger, frustration, and bigotry to go all around.  Something for everybody.  (warning:  not for the feint of heart)

Also, I totally agree with dead0man's comment about hate crimes.  I've long bitched about "hate" crimes on this forum and elsewhere.  If a black man is killed by a black man his life shouldn't have been considered any less valuable than if he had been killed by a white man, for example.  A crime is a crime if it's already a crime.  Spraypainting broken crosses on the tombstones at a Jewish cemetery, for example, is already a crime prosectuable under existing law.  What we should do is enforce existing law, not make up new ones just to make ourselves feel better.  Unfortunately sensationalism sells, and it helps career politicians get re-elected, so "hate crimes" are probably here to stay.

If these four people are found guilty of the allegations of kidnapping, verbal abuse, physical abuse, and, from what I could glean from the article, stealing a car, then they should be sentenced appropriately for those crimes regardless of their skin color or their political ideologies.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »

That's ed up. Sounds like something you would see on the deep web, but Facebook? Just more proof it's the worst website on the Internet.
and what the hell?  How is this FB's fault in any way?  Such a weird thing to take away from this story....and post about it.....strange focus you got there son.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies