teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:40:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: teens live stream their torturing of bound and gagged trump supporter  (Read 6688 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:57 PM »

Also, regarding the ppolitics of the victim, it doesn't matter what they are, but if someone did that to me, I sure wouldn't want headlines to call me a Trump supporter.

Given that it's a mentally disabled man, it's pretty clear at this point that they just grabbed a target of opportunity to abuse because they associated "white" with "Trump supporter".
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »

I don't know why people are wobbling around issue as if it detracts from your status as a liberal if you condemn the worst excesses of people ostensibly on your side using politics to satisfy their horrible desires: these four people commited hate crimes and should have the book thrown at them.

I mean, if you really want to be all Gramscian about this and say the distorted and toxic nature of American politics that has culminated in a caricature in thuggishnes being given the highest office In the land has led to this violence being considered appropriate, whatever. But people still have individual agency and these individuals used their agency to kidnap and torture a vulnerable adult for their own merriment.   them, in other words. Hopefully they'll spend twenty years regretting their idiotic thughishness.

This, absolutely.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 04:30:34 PM »

Social Media was a mistake. Criminals looking for views and likes.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »

Also, regarding the ppolitics of the victim, it doesn't matter what they are, but if someone did that to me, I sure wouldn't want headlines to call me a Trump supporter.

Given that it's a mentally disabled man, it's pretty clear at this point that they just grabbed a target of opportunity to abuse because they associated "white" with "Trump supporter".

Well mentally disabled people can have political views too so we shouldn't make that assumption either.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »

Hopefully the four of them get sent to jail and have a healthy serving of NutraLoaf shoved down their filthy cakeholes.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »

This is all over Chicago network news.

The responses in this thread are disgusting.  You people need to snap out of it.

This action is horrific and if it was racially or politically motivated, should be treated as a hate crime with especially harsh consequences.

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »

The responses in this thread are disgusting.  You people need to snap out of it.

This action is horrific and if it was racially or politically motivated, should be treated as a hate crime with especially harsh consequences.

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.

Welcome to hyperpartisan America. You never let a good tragedy go to waste after all. If it makes the "other" side look bad and our side look good, the ends justify the means. /s

Anyways, I agree. It's absolutely disgusting. A horrific hatecrime has been committed, and people on the left and right wing are trying to score political points.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »

Horrible crime. The only bright spots are that the victim survived and that I finally found the motivation to put rhuneghost on ignore.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 06:08:11 PM »

Also I hope the victim makes a quick recovery.
Foucaulf
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2017, 06:18:50 PM »

I'm going to skip over the political bickering and crosspost my recap of this case

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2017, 07:07:30 PM »

Apparently, the perpetrators were high at the time.

Perhaps they were operating under the mistaken delusion that they were police?

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »

I don't know why people are wobbling around issue as if it detracts from your status as a liberal if you condemn the worst excesses of people ostensibly on your side using politics to satisfy their horrible desires: these four people commited hate crimes and should have the book thrown at them.

I mean, if you really want to be all Gramscian about this and say the distorted and toxic nature of American politics that has culminated in a caricature in thuggishnes being given the highest office In the land has led to this violence being considered appropriate, whatever. But people still have individual agency and these individuals used their agency to kidnap and torture a vulnerable adult for their own merriment.   them, in other words. Hopefully they'll spend twenty years regretting their idiotic thughishness.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »

What is seriously wrong with you?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »

The responses in this thread are disgusting.  You people need to snap out of it.

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.

I wonder the same thing.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:37 PM »

Something is rotten in Chicago, and it aint the stockyards.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »

What is sad about this is the fact that it hit so close to home. I found myself, as I all to often do, putting my youngest brother in this man's shoes. It brought some extremely unpleasant, lingering emotions I know to be irrational and wrong to the surface. Stories like this literally make everyone (victim aside) a little shittier, a little more evil inside.

People like them see Dylan Roof and go out and do things like this. People like Dylan Roof see stuff like this and go out and do what he did. It's like a cycle and it isn't going to get any better anytime soon.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2017, 09:20:36 PM »

All those arrested are facing a minimum sentence of 6 years in prison - ironically for aggravated kidnapping, not for the hate crime (which is the least severe charge they've received).

The rest of the post, though poorly written, makes sense, but this bit confounds me.  What irony could there possibly be in the fact that kidnapping is the greatest of crimes allegedly committed, and an aggravated one at that (meaning either that a ransom was demanded or that injury or physical risk to the victim occurred.)  Does the writer of this article not understand the meaning of the word?

Again, I think that they are all to be presumed innocent, but if found guilty, it seems to me that the kidnapping is first and foremost of their crimes, and should merit the most attention.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2017, 11:34:04 PM »

Do people not understand people who commit a hate crime are likely to attack that same group again? I don't know if this would necessarily qualify or not (I'd lean towards not tbh), but there is a very valid reason for hate crime law. It's about an entire group being in danger of deliberate attack rather than an isolated person often under aggravating circumstances.

That being said, I needed little more reason to question the morals of some on here (not the anti-hate crime brigade...the actually despicable comments), but this is a new level.

Ding. ding. ding.

Hate crimes exist for a reason, but the problem is that it allows for the stupidity of muh oppression Olympics. Everyone can have a hate crime committed against them or vice versa.

Of course, "hate crimes" aren't worse then regular crimes, but they are different types. The law sees a crime of passion separately from regular crimes, in certain cases.

Same concept, for me at least.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2017, 01:05:37 AM »

Nowhere in the article does it say he was a Trump supporter. Nice try though.

He was attacked because he was white, and was forced to say ''f**k Donald Trump,' 'f**k white people'.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the identity politics and anti-white drivel being preached by liberals and BLM activists. But of course, this will get glossed over by the MSM, even though had this happened the other way around it would have been the breaking news of the century. It just doesn't fit the #narrative.

Anyway, there are far more important things to cover, like the epidemic of fake hate crimes being reported routinely by liberal activists. It's all about that #narrativebuilding

BTW, violent crime, murder rates, and murdered cops are at an all time high across the US. Turns out that #fakenews like 'hands up don't shoot' lies have real world consequences.

Um no.

I will give you that there has been an increase in the last 2 years, but crime is still at historic lows and the increase is unclear and the trend is still downward.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2017, 02:53:34 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 02:55:25 AM by Snowguy716 »

Nowhere in the article does it say he was a Trump supporter. Nice try though.

He was attacked because he was white, and was forced to say ''f**k Donald Trump,' 'f**k white people'.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the identity politics and anti-white drivel being preached by liberals and BLM activists. But of course, this will get glossed over by the MSM, even though had this happened the other way around it would have been the breaking news of the century. It just doesn't fit the #narrative.

Anyway, there are far more important things to cover, like the epidemic of fake hate crimes being reported routinely by liberal activists. It's all about that #narrativebuilding

BTW, violent crime, murder rates, and murdered cops are at an all time high across the US. Turns out that #fakenews like 'hands up don't shoot' lies have real world consequences.

Um no.

I will give you that there has been an increase in the last 2 years, but crime is still at historic lows and the increase is unclear and the trend is still downward.
There is plenty wrong with this incident without having to make sh**t up, JJC.  Crime is, by no means, at an all time high, and I would guess that you were not alive in any memorable way in the Reagan/HW Bush era when Crime was skyrocketing to levels we haven't seen since.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 09:34:26 AM by Runeghost »

Think about it.  They kidnapped, bound and gagged a man, and proceeded to torture him on Facebook live with what appears to be a political and racial motive.  And it is being reported that the victim was mentally disabled. WHAT.  THE.  FÜCK.

I refuse to pretend that certain behaviours are acceptable when done by the in-group to various out-groups, but suddenly reprehensible when done by members of the out-group to the in-group. The idea of torturing and assaulting people is ALWAYS reprehensible, no matter whether the people doing in are wanna-be black gangsters in Chicago, or a rich white con-artist who's running for president of the United States. (Or the police.) The rich white con-artist's supporters really don't seem to like being called on their hypocrisy.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2017, 01:11:38 PM »

What do you all think of this Shaun King article?

KING: Stop using the attack on a mentally challenged white man in Chicago to promote a racist agenda against Black Lives Matter
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »

Shaun King is a moron and it's weird that he pretends to be black when he's white and all that, but that's a good article. Spot on.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2017, 03:48:01 PM »

Shaun King is basically reverse Uncle Ruckus.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 03:58:19 PM by Snowguy716 »

He makes some good points about the legal process working here, pointing out that blacks are usually held accountable, to a T, for their crimes...but also engages in a lot of whataboutery and the whole article kind of has an incredulous tone...likely because of his own personal experience.

I can empathize.  Gays do some pretty horrific things too and as a gay who is very sensitive to LGBT issues, when a gay does something that provides fodder to your detractors it makes you feel sh**tty.  Even if your community's marginalization was a root cause of the horrific action.

Marginalized groups are hated by many...and those who tolerate them hold them to higher standards...you are expected to take the hate and put a smile on your face and behave perfectly.  That is unrealistic.

Yet a crime like this is inexcusable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies