VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:33:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161286 times)
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« on: July 16, 2017, 02:55:24 AM »

Great GE ad from Northam really shows the contrast between the candidates Army vet/Doctor vs. career lobbyist/party insider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq8guaC8dcI
I think this is the right message that Northam needs to be going for. He should definitely keep portraying himself as an outside and really hammer Ed's career in D.C.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:40:24 PM »

I hate to say it but I think your right.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:49:17 PM »

Northam went on a few cringe worthy tangents, such as flipping subjects and criticizing the moderator, and also spoke in vague and hollow terms, in both summaries and rebuttals, while Gillespie utilized statistics very effectively. However, if I was a resident of Virginia, this debate would not impact my vote very much. But, I used to hate Gillespie, but after I watched the debate, I only dislike him now instead, something about the guy, I don't know... still definitely rooting for Northam though, just less excitedly than before.

I also thought Gillespie sounded better than Northam.

The worst part for Northam was where after Gillespie talked about his tax plan, Northam talked some generic platitudes about "coming together with both sides to construct a tax plan" and Gillespie responded by saying that Northam's tax plan was "to have a tax plan" and then went back to touting his own tax plan to cut income taxes gradually by 10 percent as long as there is enough revenue in the budget to do so (to prevent a situation like we saw in Kansas).

I'd say Gillespie won that debate.

Gillespie just did a good job of articulating himself and being able to give numbers and information for his plans. Northam just kinda rambled on about things with no clear message and just wasn't able to defend himself as well. I really hope Northam dose better the next debate and either gets more practice in or gets a new debate coach.
BlueDogDemocrat
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

I don't think there'll be much drama in this race on election night...

I think it will be fairly close with Northam winning later into the night.

I think it will be around Hillary's margin in 2016 give or take 1% or 2% on election night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies