Dem primaries: VA gov 2017
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:22:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Dem primaries: VA gov 2017
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Ralph Northam or Tom Perriello?
Ralph Northam

Tom Perriello

Not a democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Dem primaries: VA gov 2017  (Read 2178 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »

What would be your choice?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »

Just going by Wikipedia, Perriello seems fantastic. He authored Every Penny to Main Street which would have used money banks paid back from the bailout to create jobs, and also received an NRA endorsement.

On the other hand, Northam described himself as "conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on social issues" and was actually courted by the GOP to change parties, which makes him utter filth.

Luckily Obama and Biden will be out of office and won't be able to prop up Northam.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:33:25 PM »

Lt. Governor Northam.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 05:07:54 PM »

Yeah! Go Northam!
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »

Why can't he just become a Republican? Why does he have to pollute the Democrats with his presence? Leftists deserve a party.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »

Why can't he just become a Republican? Why does he have to pollute the Democrats with his presence? Leftists deserve a party.

Delete your account.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »

Northam (sane, pro-choice)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 05:26:14 PM »

Delete your account.

Delete yourself from the party. You and the other "fiscal conservatives" should go and reboot the defunct Rockefeller wing of the GOP.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »

Is this the much hoped for battle of the two Ukrainians?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »

Delete your account.

Delete yourself from the party. You and the other "fiscal conservatives" should go and reboot the defunct Rockefeller wing of the GOP.

Well Nelson Rockefeller was a Satanist so it's ok
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »

Delete your account.

LOL, if I and Ralph Northam are fiscal conservatives, then golly gee. I wouldn't want to see the communist that is Tom Perriello being our nominee.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »

I've always liked Perriello, but I'll be volunteering for Northam. 
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 07:11:10 PM »

Northam let the Dems hold onto the senate for an extra session. I mean if you dont tolerate any diversity of thought you should bounce Attorney General Herring from the party. He may be a straight up lefty hack now but he also voted for our Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 07:35:04 PM »

Perriello 100%
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »

Northam is a horrible fiscally conservative but socially liberal democrat.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »

In 2009, Northam — a self-described "conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on social issues"[4] — was the subject of an attempt by State Senate Republicans to get him to switch parties.[5] This action would have given Republicans control of the State Senate

Anyone who supports him is third way, centrist democrats of rich surburban NOVA, and wants the democrats to cater to the rich and not the working poor.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 08:57:33 PM by Speaker NeverAgain »

In 2009, Northam — a self-described "conservative on fiscal issues and liberal on social issues"[4] — was the subject of an attempt by State Senate Republicans to get him to switch parties.[5] This action would have given Republicans control of the State Senate

Anyone who supports him is third way, centrist democrats of rich surburban NOVA, and wants the democrats to cater to the rich and not the working poor.

Such BS. It was a false flag attempt and he has been a STRONG advocate for many issues, like working to help rural workers by diversifying the economy, or trying to raise the minimum wage (something that hasn't been done due to the fact of the Republican CoD). He is obviously not a fiscal "conservative" now, or if he is, a VERRRY liberal conservative on  fiscal issues. lol.

I would much rather have that, then someone who was endorsed by the NRA over his Tea-Party Republican opponent, and time and again voted against a woman's right to choose (both issues of which Northam strongly is on the correct side).
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 09:07:05 PM »

Such BS. It was a false flag attempt and he has been a STRONG advocate for many issues, like working to help rural workers by diversifying the economy, or trying to raise the minimum wage (something that hasn't been done due to the fact of the Republican CoD). He is obviously not a fiscal "conservative" now, or if he is, a VERRRY liberal conservative on  fiscal issues. lol.

I would much rather have that, then someone who was endorsed by the NRA over his Tea-Party Republican opponent, and time and again voted against a woman's right to choose (both issues of which Northam strongly is on the correct side).

How dare someone actually win in a republican district, while still being progressive, and how dare there be different opinions on abortion in the democratic party. Perriello would be great, expand the party in more rural, working class areas, and crush republicans.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »

I like both, but I think will put my support behind Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, though I wouldn't be too displeased if Tom Perriello ends up the nominee instead.  

Oh, and Intell: piss off.  Don't tell me what to do. 
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

I like both, but I think will put my support behind Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, though I wouldn't be too displeased if Tom Perriello ends up the nominee instead.  

Oh, and Intell: piss off.  Don't tell me what to do. 

Perriello, never told you have to vote for Perriello, just that he'd be better at expanding the party, than with rich suburbanites in NOVA.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »

How dare someone actually win in a republican district, while still being progressive, and how dare there be different opinions on abortion in the democratic party. Perriello would be great, expand the party in more rural, working class areas, and crush republicans.

I never said that. I am just saying he's not a "progressive". He's a great guy, as Frodo said, but Northam is #1 the candidate that will win in the GE and do a great job at being Governor. I think Perriello would make a great congressman if he were to run again, maybe up here in VA-10, or run in 2021. Northam has a BUNCH of "rural" appeal and with the "working class", as being someone who has actually won state-wide rurally (see his 11 point victory in 2013).

Again, Perriello seems great, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat, if he's the nominee (and I could vote). But Northam really is the best candidate in this Governor's race, who has appeal to ALL Virginians.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 09:35:15 PM »

I never said that. I am just saying he's not a "progressive". He's a great guy, as Frodo said, but Northam is #1 the candidate that will win in the GE and do a great job at being Governor. I think Perriello would make a great congressman if he were to run again, maybe up here in VA-10, or run in 2021. Northam has a BUNCH of "rural" appeal and with the "working class", as being someone who has actually won state-wide rurally (see his 11 point victory in 2013).

Again, Perriello seems great, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat, if he's the nominee (and I could vote). But Northam really is the best candidate in this Governor's race, who has appeal to ALL Virginians.

Agree to Disagree?

I believe Perriello is a much better candidate, who can appeal to wider segment, and he's views are much more inline with mine, than most others democratic politicians.

I'd vote for Northam if he got the nom, even if begrudgingly.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »

Agree to Disagree?

I believe Perriello is a much better candidate, who can appeal to wider segment, and he's views are much more inline with mine, than most others democratic politicians.

I'd vote for Northam if he got the nom, even if begrudgingly.

I guess so. But just because he agrees with yours (and their possible) views, doesn't completely mean he'll genuinely appeal to the very same voters you say he'll appeal to. I think Gillespie will walk all over him, especially on ACA, because that's really all he's known for (and the majority of what he did in the House, along with a couple completely FF votes). On the other hand, Northam has been a strong advocate for change as President of the Senate and cast CRUCIAL votes (like helping stop the Bathroom bill from happening here), and working hard for the people of Virginia.

Again, while I like Perriello, it's just not his time and not his race.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 12:58:16 AM »

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 04:52:36 AM »

Again, while I like Perriello, it's just not his time and not his race.

+1
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies