Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:34:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Philly SHOCKED that new large soda tax is hurting consumers  (Read 2184 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: January 05, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »

Shameful to see the city funded on the backs of the working class since I certainly won't be drinking any.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 05:57:29 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 05:59:11 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

It is when we have to pay for the added health cost. Internalize the externality.
Yes, that contradicts what I said earlier, but it's just upsetting about how regressive it is.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:01 PM »

We're not changing them to our liking. We're changing them into a healthier version of themselves. Drinking less soda will bring them happiness, and they just don't know it. Alcohol is taxed generally and tanning beds ought to be as well.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:49:06 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 09:52:18 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

We're not changing them to our liking. We're changing them into a healthier version of themselves. Drinking less soda will bring them happiness, and they just don't know it. Alcohol is taxed generally and tanning beds ought to be as well.

Jesus Christ. Do you actually believe in this garbage? Were you taught how to be little fascists in school? Good lord.

It's none of your business what choices other people make and you don't know what's good for someone else. And those who think they do are intolerant, stupid scumbags.

You know what? Having a healthy relationship with God is good for the soul. People who reject religion are hurting themselves and don't know it. Let's find some way to tax them into making the *right* choice in accepting the Cristian faith.

It's the right thing to do, right? But somehow I don't think you would support that. Weird. It's almost like you want to use legislation to force people to be a certain way - your way - yet would balk if someone decided that you should make changes to be like them.

"I hate your lifestyle and think you should be forced to change because you are too stupid to realize how bad it is for you" #CTL-Left

I would love if church was in effect mandatory for everyone, but there's a time and place for everything Sad America is too full of degenerates for that to go over well. They'd just throw a fuss and ruin it for the rest of us. Perhaps if the portion of income supposed to be given to the Church was a full tax credit (and increase marginal tax rates by that much)...just playing around here...but better? Smiley I'm sure the libs would find some way to ruin it unfortunately.

Also, please do not say the Lord's name in disgust.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 03:47:43 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The states and regions that flipped to trump weren't the ones with this kind of "nanny statism". There weren't a significant number of defections to trump over this.

It wasn't about nanny-statism so much, but he has a point so much as they were being told how to act (or stuff was implied that their way of life was irrelevant and incorrect and needed to change) - see some of the Elliott County interviews, for instance. Hardly 'the cause' of the win, but one of a handful of reasons for defections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies