BREAKING: MEXICO NOT PAYING FOR THE WALL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:11:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: MEXICO NOT PAYING FOR THE WALL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: BREAKING: MEXICO NOT PAYING FOR THE WALL  (Read 5173 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:53:28 PM »

Trump will make US taxpayers pay for it instead

How unexpected!  SAD!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:55:08 PM »

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »

The party which is supposedly against excessive spending, ladies and gentlemen.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »

Good. No don't build it at all.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »

Just put up a cheap fence with some spikes and barbed wire.  Problem solved.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:10:47 PM »

The party which is supposedly against excessive spending, ladies and gentlemen.

Spending is a-ok so long as it's for bombs and border fences.
JJC

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »

There are about a thousand ways to make Mexico pay for the wall, from taxing money transfer from the U.S to Mexico, to increasing tariffs, to keeping American factories in the US and so on.

Yes, Mexico will pay for the wall. It's the least they can do for deporting their poverty and drugs to us.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:37 PM »

Wasn't that book ghostwritten by a guy who hates him now?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 09:12:54 PM »

Waste of money. If you aren't already convinced Trump's presidency will be horrible, you'll see my point sooner or later.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »

There are about a thousand ways to make Mexico pay for the wall, from taxing money transfer from the U.S to Mexico, to increasing tariffs, to keeping American factories in the US and so on.

Yes, Mexico will pay for the wall. It's the least they can do for deporting their poverty and drugs to us.

Why do you so badly want to punish the poor people in Mexico?  How are they supposed to pay for it?  Not very Christian.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 09:14:29 PM »

I'm not opposed to the wall in theory, but I do not see it as something that merits adding to the deficit. Congress should agree to cuts to other spending that will free up enough existing revenue to fund the entire cost of the wall.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »

Why do you so badly want to punish the poor people in Mexico?  How are they supposed to pay for it?  Not very Christian.

Love thy neighbor only applies if said neighbor is another White Christian.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 09:20:19 PM »

How does it feel knowing Trump has just cucked you? Bet you like it, huh?
JJC

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 09:32:02 PM by JJC »

Why do you so badly want to punish the poor people in Mexico?  How are they supposed to pay for it?  Not very Christian.

Funny, it seems to me that the ones who are being punished are the American people who have to compete with 12-20 million illegal immigrants for jobs. And the countless kids/young adults who die from drugs coming from the border (as well as the complete destruction of entire neighborhoods due to drug/gang violence). Women being raped/killed from criminal illegal gang members that have been deported 5 times. Beheadings and gang violence happening along border towns.

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished. But of course, mentioning these problems will get you branded as a racists from ignorant liberals who do not suffer the consequences of open border like us in border states do. They don't contend with Mexican gangs. They don't see families/neighborhoods ripped apart by drugs. They don't have to compete with foreign nationals who will work for a fraction of the wage (and then send that money to Mexico)

I do not give a damn about the problems of Mexico. It is not America's job to fix Mexico's problems, which frankly is steeped in their corrupt government (one of the most corrupt in the western hemisphere IMO).

Mexico is bordered with the most secure, prosperous nation in the world, and yet they are still a third-world hellhole - largely due to government corruption. And I'm tired of Americans being the ones to pay for the poverty and chaos that results from it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 09:27:46 PM »

Just put up a cheap fence with some spikes and barbed wire.  Problem solved.

Don't forget spray painting it with cheap gold paint! Need to add the classy Trump touch!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »

Funny, I seems to me that the ones who are being punished are the American people who have to compete with 12-20 million illegal immigrants for jobs. And the countless kids/young adults who die from drugs coming from the border (as well as the complete destruction of entire neighborhoods due to drug/gang violence). Women being raped/killed from criminal illegal gang members that have been deported 5 times. Beheadings and gang violence happening along border towns.

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished.

I do not give a damn about the problems of Mexico. It is not America's job to fix Mexico's problems, which frankly is steeped in their corrupt government (one of the most corrupt in the western hemisphere IMO).

Mexico is bordered with the most secure, prosperous nation in the world, and yet they are still a third-world hellhole - largely due to government corruption. And I'm tired of Americans being the ones to pay for the poverty and chaos that results from it.

K byeeeee racist.  You're not paying for **** in Mexico, so stop complaining and have a reality check plz.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »

Funny, I seems to me that the ones who are being punished are the American people who have to compete with 12-20 million illegal immigrants for jobs. And the countless kids/young adults who die from drugs coming from the border (as well as the complete destruction of entire neighborhoods due to drug/gang violence). Women being raped/killed from criminal illegal gang members that have been deported 5 times. Beheadings and gang violence happening along border towns.

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished.

Ur a cuck
JJC

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »

K byeeeee racist.  You're not paying for **** in Mexico, so stop complaining and have a reality check plz.

You need help.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 09:43:50 PM »

You need help.

Fine I'll go see my Mexican therapist and make sure he sends all my money back to Mexico.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 09:54:56 PM »

Huh.

I really did not see that coming.

I expect that Trump would make a SOVEREIGN NATION pay for a stupid f***ing concrete wall. Man.

Good thing I voted third party instead of this clown lol.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

You know illegal immigration gell in the Obama years, right? And that illegals are no more likely to commit crimes than natives do. And that the criminals would be deported while the non-criminals get a path to citizenship if they are positive and productive members of society. That crime is at the lowest levels in decades. That immigrants are false scapegoats for broader inevitable economic changes like globalisation and automation. And if free trade is so bad, why did the economy boom after NAFTA was passed? And Mexico hates Trump and will not pay for the wall. Immigrants make a positive contribution to society and help grow the economy and enrich the societies the contribute to. There are no beheadings, maybe ISIS but not in the US. Unemployment is under 5%, growth is strong, wages rising.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

Why do you so badly want to punish the poor people in Mexico?  How are they supposed to pay for it?  Not very Christian.

Funny, it seems to me that the ones who are being punished are the American people who have to compete with 12-20 million illegal immigrants for jobs. And the countless kids/young adults who die from drugs coming from the border (as well as the complete destruction of entire neighborhoods due to drug/gang violence). Women being raped/killed from criminal illegal gang members that have been deported 5 times. Beheadings and gang violence happening along border towns.

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished. But of course, mentioning these problems will get you branded as a racists from ignorant liberals who do not suffer the consequences of open border like us in border states do. They don't contend with Mexican gangs. They don't see families/neighborhoods ripped apart by drugs. They don't have to compete with foreign nationals who will work for a fraction of the wage (and then send that money to Mexico)

Tfw brown people trigger you. I guess we should seal the border and try to turn America into a giant safe space.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2017, 10:06:48 PM by Alpha »

Have to say, I was always a little skeptical Mexico would pay for the wall after Mexico said they wouldn't pay for the wall.

lmao cucked
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished. But of course, mentioning these problems will get you branded as a racists from ignorant liberals who do not suffer the consequences of open border like us in border states do.

I have to agree with this for the same reason I would pay respect to someone from New Mexico or Arizona talking about the same issue.

One of the unfortunate things about debates involving democratic supporters is when they are losing an argument based on logic, they depart using the 'racist' tag or just become hostile.

It's immature, and ultimately, is one of the main reasons why Americans voted for Trump in the first place.

There are two main issues with the Mexico border wall.

1. Mexico will ultimately pay for it. Quoting CNN on anything related to Trump is a tiny point scoring exercise. The bitter liberal media does

Whether you like it or not, the amount of trade and manufacturing that Trump will extricate from Mexico will be over 10 times the value of the wall.

2. The USA needs appropriate immigration reform. The policy needs to send a message to Mexicans not to even attempt to arrive in the first place:
- Mandatory detention
- Temporary protection visas
- No right to work
- Deportation

Unless you implement these things 100%, building the wall three times higher will not fix the issue.

Immigration reform with the appropriate level of deterrence from policy is the key to success.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 11:20:27 PM »

It seems to me that the American economy, being forced to be a welfare state for another country, is being punished. But of course, mentioning these problems will get you branded as a racists from ignorant liberals who do not suffer the consequences of open border like us in border states do.

I have to agree with this for the same reason I would pay respect to someone from New Mexico or Arizona talking about the same issue.

One of the unfortunate things about debates involving democratic supporters is when they are losing an argument based on logic, they depart using the 'racist' tag or just become hostile.

It's immature, and ultimately, is one of the main reasons why Americans voted for Trump in the first place.

There are two main issues with the Mexico border wall.

1. Mexico will ultimately pay for it. Quoting CNN on anything related to Trump is a tiny point scoring exercise. The bitter liberal media does

Whether you like it or not, the amount of trade and manufacturing that Trump will extricate from Mexico will be over 10 times the value of the wall.

2. The USA needs appropriate immigration reform. The policy needs to send a message to Mexicans not to even attempt to arrive in the first place:
- Mandatory detention
- Temporary protection visas
- No right to work
- Deportation

Unless you implement these things 100%, building the wall three times higher will not fix the issue.

Immigration reform with the appropriate level of deterrence from policy is the key to success.

The last few years, the total number of illegal immigrants from Mexico has gone down.  In terms of new illegal immigrants, the Central American countries have been the major source.  But don't worry, if Trump manages to destroy the Mexican economy we can be thankful he built that wall to keep out the Mexicans that might want to come here.  Tho I expect as with present day Central American illegal immigrants that come thru Mexico on their way here, the Mexicans will only be passing thru Trumpland's relatively tepid economy on their way to where they can most easily find jobs, Canada.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies