Larry Hogan(R) - governor of Maryland - has a 74% approval rating (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:18:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Larry Hogan(R) - governor of Maryland - has a 74% approval rating (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Larry Hogan(R) - governor of Maryland - has a 74% approval rating  (Read 981 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure he'll win in 2018 unless Trump goes nuts.

As a Marylander do you know why his approval rating is insanely high? I know he's known as a centrists and non-ideologue but it's hard to fathom that kind of approval in today's polarized American.

EDIT:

Doing more research. Apparently he's responsible for ending the Baltimore race riots by bringing in the national guard. He also brought Maryland's debt from 5.1B to 600M through fiscal restraint. He's respected for being non-ideological, and on top of that he was diagnosed with Leukemia and battled through it in 2015.

Really, he hasn't done anything to piss people off. I am as liberal as they come, but if I was polled I would say I approve. I won't vote for him in 2018, but I wouldn't be crushed if he won again.

Yeah, same (except I probably won't be in MD in 2018, so I couldn't vote for him regardless).  He's governed the state with the full knowledge that he's a Republican governor in one of the most reliably Democratic states in the country, doing things like, say, reneging on his promise to torpedo the Purple Line.  Things could be better, certainly; my girl Heather Mizeur was and will always be awesome.  But Hogan's not, say, Bruce Rauner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies