Plea for new Libertarian members. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:56:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Plea for new Libertarian members. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plea for new Libertarian members.  (Read 2619 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: July 18, 2005, 09:25:49 PM »

Who is in the Libertarian Party? Sad
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 11:18:16 PM »

Or the ILP, for those libertarians who consider social issues more significant than economic ones.
Thank you very much for your invitation, but Alcon has already warped my mind. If the Libertarian Party dies, he's dragging me into the Union Party. Sorry... Smiley
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2005, 06:00:06 PM by Everett »

Perhaps CheezeWhiz and John Dibble should try and come to an agreement as to how to deal with this problem... if for some reason or another, they cannot reach an solid agreement within, say, a week or two, I will most likely join the Constitutional Union Party since Alcon has made attempts to bribe me into joining. For now, I'm simply going to step back and let the other two decide on how to handle this because I'm not at all experienced with making big decisions in Fantasy Politics. If they want my input, I'll try to give some, but I'm not really sure what to say about this.

Should the Libertarians emerge from the shadows again, however, I will be more than happy to assist in rebuilding the Party. I suppose that being a real-life Libertarian increases my attachment to the forum Libertarian Party, but unless something is done to increase membership and revitalize it, I'm afraid that there's little I can personally do to assist.

---
If anyone else still wants to bribe me into joining another forum party, you certainly have a lot of freedom to do so. Earlier I respectfully declined Emsworth's invitation, but that doesn't mean that you can't persist. And I promise not to become a banworthy troll. Cheesy

Just keep in mind before trying to attract me into your party that my PC scores generally range from 5.00 to 7.00 Economic, -1.50 to 1.00 Social (the latter changes often for no apparent reason, which can only indicate that I'm either wishy-washy or a centrist). I describe myself as economically Libertarian/conservative and socially centrist. My personal values are much more conservative than they might appear to be, but I would not insist on forcing my ideal morals upon others unless said others are being blatantly immoral (i.e., premarital sex is one thing, but pedophilia is another). They tend to fluctuate depending on what happens. However, my economic views are pretty much set in stone, and as of late they have only been shifting more and more to the right. Tongue I fit in great with Libertarians, but if there are any other pseudo-Libertarian parties out there... feel free to bug me.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:06:11 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2005, 06:07:56 PM by Everett »

Join the Union because I'm in it and if I'm in it then it is the best party ever. Smiley
Well, since you live in my city, it must be the best city ever, right? Tongue

I'm leaning more towards moving into the Union Party if the Libertarian Party dies. If the party platforms are available somewhere, I'll definitely read them before making any final decisions.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 04:01:48 PM »

*bump*

I was just wondering, are we planning on continuing our three-person party? Tongue
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 05:21:27 PM »

*bump*

I was just wondering, are we planning on continuing our three-person party? Tongue

CheeseWhiz already left.
Well, you know what that means... Sad
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 05:24:48 PM »

*bump*

CheeseWhiz already left.
Well, you know what that means... Sad

Yes I do, it means you should join the ACA! Cheesy Wink

Or the Union.
Look in the Register! thread. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies