Plea for new Libertarian members. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:56:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Plea for new Libertarian members. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Plea for new Libertarian members.  (Read 2627 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: July 18, 2005, 08:23:53 PM »

Our party, which stands for personal freedom and “live and let live” ideals, is dying, again.  Unless we can get new members who will be enthusiastic and active in forum affairs, this party can’t survive much longer.  I’d like to ask for all Atlasians who share the ideas of the Government staying out of people’s lives to consider joining the Libertarian Party and to try and help us keep it alive.

This is a message from the Libertarian Party National Chairman CheeseWhiz.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:30:01 PM »

I know that it's none of my business, but I seem to recall that you expelled A18...

I’d like to have a respectable membership, which is the main reason I left the ACA.  Also, we weren’t having the activity problems we’re having now, not that I wouldn’t have still tried to expel him…
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 07:21:12 AM »

Who is in the Libertarian Party? Sad

Just me, you and Dibble Sad
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 07:24:09 AM »

Thanks to Don, KEmp & Sam for the reassuring words about A18.

If the Libertarians do die, I will consider joining the AMRLP, ILP, CUP or maybe the ACA.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 07:30:19 AM »

CheeseWhiz, your party is respectable, and other other circumstances I might be inclined to join, but I am confortable in the Union right now. I think most people will say the same.

Yeah, I've PMed tons of people, but everyone just seems to be to comfy in their own parties.

The fact is that real life parties arent really a good idea in Atlasia right now.

I thought that was probably part of my problem.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 07:36:49 AM »

Thanks to Don, KEmp & Sam for the reassuring words about A18.

If the Libertarians do die, I will consider joining the AMRLP, ILP, CUP or maybe the ACA.

Come back to the ACA. NixonNow has been banned and MasterJedi (who I have a lot of faith in) is now the Chair.

I might consider it a more serious option if that troll Dubya wasn't in there Tongue

But, really, my views have changed since I was last in the ACA, it just doesn't fit me that good anymore.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 07:50:02 AM »

But, really, my views have changed since I was last in the ACA, it just doesn't fit me that good anymore.

Actually there are a lot of Libertarian-Conservatives in the ACA (I know you're a bit more Libertarian then them, but still not that much.)

I just think I'd feel more comfortable in the CUP, ILP or, most definitely, the AMRLP Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:07 AM »

Actually there are a lot of Libertarian-Conservatives in the ACA (I know you're a bit more Libertarian then them, but still not that much.)
I just think I'd feel more comfortable in the CUP, ILP or, most definitely, the AMRLP Wink
If you decide that the Libertarian Party is unfortunately no longer viable, we at the ILP would love to have you join us!

Emsworth has just gained some points for the ILP, would anyone else like to tell me how much you would love to have me in your party (I'm gonna enjoy this Grin)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 08:11:19 AM »

Maybe we should instead just reform the party. Give it a new name and a facelift. I think big-tent libertarianism might be the way to go rather than the somewhat restrictive philosophy we have now(which is one of the real world LP's problems, IMHO, though we are less so).

Yeah, maybe we should just have a more vague "personal freedom" platform and change our name to the Liberty Party, to reinforce the "freedom" image, something that people can't argue with Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 12:44:35 PM »

I have decided to leave the Libertarian Party, the way I see it, we have four options if we wish to stay alive and active, 1) Make the party a bigger tent, in which case, we’ll pretty much be the CUP, 2) Get a new, active member; I’ve already tried to do this, and it would probably only help us for a short time, anyway, 3) Become the Liberty caucus, which, imo, isn’t a bad idea, or 4) Dissolve, it’s your choose.  I’m going to join my buddy ilikeverin in the AMRLP, (which will soon become the MAP Wink) until I decide which serious party I should join.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 02:51:02 PM »

Yeah, I’d make it, but I don’t have time right now to run a caucus.  But, if anyone else wants to makes it, I’ll join Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 05:28:35 PM »

Could someone PM the ILP and CUP platforms?  The Wiki is down and I can’t find them on the forum.

Whoever sends me one first gets extra points Wink
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

Here, have some this cake left over from when I was in the Loony Party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies