Trump could win Ohio by 20 points if he runs in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:11:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump could win Ohio by 20 points if he runs in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump could win Ohio by 20 points if he runs in 2020  (Read 2326 times)
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:19:14 PM »

Even if Ohio becomes a solid red state in 2020, I can't see him winning Ohio by 20 points. The minority/black and young vote is going to prevent him from winning the big three Cs - Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincy. These population centers have a pretty significant influence on the vote totals. States Trump won by large margins of +20 overwhelmingly lack large population centers. The larger the rural vote the larger the Republican win margin. I could see rural and suburban areas going heavy Republican if trump manages to be successful for working class votes, which would provide him another solid win, but definitely not +20 points.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

I could see rural and suburban areas going heavy Republican if trump manages to be successful for working class votes, which would provide him another solid win, but definitely not +20 points.

I called Lorain and Mahoning, just saying it now. The irony is that Trump wasn't even successful during his presidency.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »

I could see rural and suburban areas going heavy Republican if trump manages to be successful for working class votes, which would provide him another solid win, but definitely not +20 points.

I called Lorain and Mahoning, just saying it now. The irony is that Trump wasn't even successful during his presidency.

You were very wrong about suburban areas going heavy Republican in general though, even in Ohio. Delaware County had a huge swing left for example.

That's true, I should have specified white working class.  Macomb, MI is another example
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies