It's possible that Republicans could keep the White House until 2036 or 2040
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:18:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  It's possible that Republicans could keep the White House until 2036 or 2040
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: It's possible that Republicans could keep the White House until 2036 or 2040  (Read 1545 times)
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 10:24:56 PM »

but the unstoppable demographics will happen and stuff
2020:

2024:

2028:

2036 and onwards:

2088:

(Atlas finally decided to switch the colors)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 12:34:12 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2017, 12:40:48 AM by Ronnie »

Nah, it's very possible that the Democrats never win again - but by then a new center-left party will have emerged and people will want change. There is no such thing as a permanent majority in Democracies.

Assuming we call Israel within the Green Line a democracy, there is a strong possibility the right-wing coalition will retain power for as long as the state (as we know it) exists.

As for the topic at hand, I highly suspect voters will be so fed up with Republicans by 2024, at the latest, that they will sweep in Democrats with an even greater mandate than 2008.  Democrats might even win back the house in spite of gerrymandering.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 12:36:40 AM »

It is typically unwise to make predictions far enough in the future that the race being me vs exttremerepublican (both of us being unknown teenagers right now) is a genuine possibility.

I think you're mixing me up with Classic Conservative.  I'm an adult.

I thought you were too.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »

Considering expectations are set unrealistically high among a lot of Trump backers (and the Trump team doing little to lower expectations), they're setting themselves up for an eventual backlash. That could take four years, or it could take eight years, but eventually reality will catch up to them.

That means either they'll primary Trump or Trump will not run for re election knowing that he is unpopular.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 04:06:01 PM »

You know, it's possible.  The chance of it happening is certainly greater than 0.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »

People are reading WAY too much into Trump's win. They are forgetting how remarkably fragile his wins were across the swing states, and are acting as if the Midwest has a decidedly red tint. Some states, sure. But remember, Trump largely won because his opponent was the caricature of an out of touch politician from the Capitol District in Hunger Games. And D's held the Presidency for two terms.

He has a 37% approval rating as of today, and he hasn't even taken office yet. If anything, this shows that 2020 should be the Dems' race to lose assuming they don't screw it up again. So enough of this permanent majority nonsense that both sides seem to be spewing (D's with the ZOMG!1!1 Texas will flip!!!)

The worrying thing is that he got huge swings in rural areas, not just in swing states but pretty much everywhere.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies