Obama should just declare martial law at this point
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:46:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama should just declare martial law at this point
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Obama should just declare martial law at this point  (Read 4467 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
« edited: January 10, 2017, 12:06:54 PM by Dwarven Dragon »

Donald J. Trump, a noted anti-immigrant racist who is opposed to the first amendment, has no political experience, mocks disabled members of the press, appoints his relatives as official advisers, and who is appointing a racist as attorney general, is about to become president. The Electors refused to stop it, Congress refused to stop it, Obama must step in and save our country.  
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »

Maybe that's what his speech tomorrow will be about.  Save us from ourselves, Maobama!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 11:36:04 PM »

Does this mean everyone is going to have to get married? I prefer to remain single.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »

No. Wait until Trump messes up to the point 75% of the country hates him.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:15 PM »

Jesus Christ that's the most pants-on-head stupid thing I have read today.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:47 PM »

You're terrible and you should feel terrible.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »

I disagree. The democratic process has been carried out for the election cycle and nothing should infringe upon that. Elections have consequences and those consequences have to be lived with until the next election.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:49 AM »

Wrong way to do it. That would be dictatorial.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 12:27:45 AM »

I disagree. The democratic process has been carried out for the election cycle and nothing should infringe upon that. Elections have consequences and those consequences have to be lived with until the next election.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »

I don't believe President Obama will go that far. His successor for the office, on the other hand, might try to do so.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 01:40:37 AM »

No, he should not declare it, and he will not do so.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 02:26:01 AM »

How about not causing a bloodbath?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 02:29:34 AM »

Maybe that's what his speech tomorrow will be about.  Save us from ourselves, Maobama!
Oh be quiet, Maodame Maoyor.
JJC

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 02:30:15 AM »

Jesus Christ that's the most pants-on-head stupid thing I have read today.
JJC

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:51 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2017, 03:00:41 AM by JJC »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not true.

True.

No one knows that but Trump.

True, as has many past presidents (JFK anyone?).  Advisors have no official power. They just... advise.

Absolutely not true. Session's has a long history of fighting for Civil rights and prosecuted violators of civil rights. But I get it, strong borders = 'raycisstss' in dummy land.

True. And every shady procedural effort to overturn the election results - from gaming the primary delegates, to recall efforts, to intimidating Electors - has failed. This shows the strength of our Republic that Washington cannot prevent the rise to power of someone they don't like if the people will it.

As was their duty.

As was their duty.

Ah, the dictator's greatest reasoning for absolute power. But before 'progressives' cry for revolution, just remember;

-The military overwhelmingly supports Trump. They would not side with Obama in declaring himself a dictator (which is literally what you are advocating).

-The overwhelming majority of the American people - even those who do not like Trump - would reject this and rise against it with arms.

-That flyover country you guys like to mock? They produce the food and natural resources that keep the country going - and this is all Trump territory. Liberal cities are just 9 skipped meals away from a little insurrection of their own.

-The vast majority of gun owners are Trump supporters - and this would demonstrate graphically why we have the second amendment.

Trump would have the military, the public support, control of the nation's resources and food supply, the guns, both chambers of congress, the Supreme Court, and the overwhelming majority of state legislators and governors which is under GOP control. Who do you think would win that battle?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 03:26:30 AM »

One of three things will pass: Donald Trump will be wildly successful, doing practically everything right because every liberal 'reform' since the 1920s is a catastrophic blunder. It's back to sharecropping, early-industrial norms of social organization in business, great profits, workers enthralled by gross uncertainty, Big Business in complete control of the political process, wives subjected to men, homosexuality and contraception outlawed, a restoration of WASP dominion over all aspects of life, minorities knowing their (subordinate) places, the environment turned into a nationwide sewer, accelerated use of natural resources. Oh yes -- the designated-hitter rule is abolished and leather helmets again become the norm in football.

Second, it will all fail, but the economic elites will establish a tight, authoritarian  order in which anyone who even grumbles about the brutal working conditions faces a personal reform in which the workweek is 100 hours instead of 60 and death from exhaustion and starvation are commonplace as in Nazi 'labor' camps like Dachau.  Whether it is a disaster for most people will not matter because they will be in fear of either quick death by execution or slow death by starvation.

Third, it will fail with a mass shift of political sentiment against the Hard Right which will culminate in political change (free elections if such is permitted, maybe a military coup  or a violent revolution if there is no democratic means of changing the political norms). Americans get huge institutional changes, perhaps even reforming core realities of political life. The checks and balances against corporate power come into existence. Maybe we get proportional representation instead of gerrymandered districts.

...We are going to have a President who says that nothing is true if it is inconvenient to believe. We will have a Congress whose majorities both believe that no human suffering is in excess so long as the tiny elite of about 2% get everything that they possibly can. 

...Cruelty, corruption, despotism, and inequity deserve no loyalty.   

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 04:22:43 AM »

People wonder why I left the NeverTrump movement? This is exactly why. You people who agree with the OP here are supporting anti-democratic behaviors that will endanger our country.

You only believe in democracy and liberalization from a structural standpoint when you agree with the views being espoused.

I wasn't just involved in NeverTrump, I was very active in its grassroots. It is, sadly, there that I realized that the NeverTrump people were equally ridiculous, if not worse, then Trump or Hillary.

Get a grip on reality, people. The best way to counter any ideology you don't like is to work through the democratic process not against it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 04:45:51 AM »

Does this mean everyone is going to have to get married? I prefer to remain single.

No, it just means that if you do get married, Obama gets to write the terms of the prenup.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 07:13:11 AM »

People wonder why I left the NeverTrump movement? This is exactly why. You people who agree with the OP here are supporting anti-democratic behaviors that will endanger our country.

You only believe in democracy and liberalization from a structural standpoint when you agree with the views being espoused.

I wasn't just involved in NeverTrump, I was very active in its grassroots. It is, sadly, there that I realized that the NeverTrump people were equally ridiculous, if not worse, then Trump or Hillary.

Get a grip on reality, people. The best way to counter any ideology you don't like is to work through the democratic process not against it.
At this point, I will believe in what ever action that allows me to stay aluve or not go to jail the longest without just giving up.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 07:51:03 AM »

I no longer believe in Wulfric being something other than intentional troll.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:57 AM »

Obama should declare 55% martial law.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »

Obama should declare 55% martial law.
And 45% scar tissue.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »

I doubt this is seriously possible. However, it would be the wrong way. Those who disagree with the Trumpster should stand up and demonstrate against him and make the case based on facts. But peacefully without violence.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 10:07:43 AM »

We have more cause to fear Donald Trump declaring martial law.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure we already live under marital law, guys.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies