Will Trump be impeached?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:51:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump be impeached?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Will Trump be impeached?  (Read 3716 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »

With all the stuff that's coming out about him today....Jesus... but yet MUHHHH EMAILS!!!!
Fusionmunster

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:07 PM »

He can't be impeached for enjoying water sports.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »

I see what you did there.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:27:14 PM »

Pun! But family values are awesome!
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 09:38:07 PM »

I vote no, mostly because I think Pence and the cabinet will declare Trump "incapacitated" at some point, maybe soon, before Trump goes so fully off the rails that he does something that would lead to impeachment (like confirmation of a meeting w/ Russian Intelligence)

Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:57:27 PM »

I vote no, mostly because I think Pence and the cabinet will declare Trump "incapacitated" at some point, maybe soon, before Trump goes so fully off the rails that he does something that would lead to impeachment (like confirmation of a meeting w/ Russian Intelligence)

This already happened and he's not even in the Oval Office yet.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:29 PM »

The Congress is too damn stupid/partisan to impeach him.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 10:03:27 PM »

He may be, but it will be based on his actions in office. Given his character, I conjecture that he will - and, hopefully, with bi-partisan support. But at this point he has not, yet, committed the acts he will be impeached for.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 10:04:43 PM »

It's not like he got a blow job from a consenting adult or anything.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »

More likely than not if the Democrats can pick up some more seats in congress, but it will backfire on them.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »

For now at least. Depending on how the next two years go, a Democratic-controlled Congress could be more steadfast in impeaching him.
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »

*impeeched
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »

For now at least. Depending on how the next two years go, a Democratic-controlled Congress could be more steadfast in impeaching him.
Maybe if we lived in a democracy. Won't be surprised if Democrats won 2018 popular vote again, but fail to win the House despite this fact...again.

Republican governors hate democracy.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »

Democrats will if they win back the House.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

No, of course not.
JJC

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »

I think any effort to impeach Trump will go about as well as every other attempt to stop him.

And I think we need to come up with a new word that goes beyond 'unhinged'. Jesus. The crap you guys are willing to believe; it's no different than the nutcases who believed Obama was a secret muslim - except those people were on the fringe, not a major part of the opposition. (Peeing hookers pushed by a NeverTrump group? Really guys?)

Get a grip. The left of today is a case study of what happens when a group of people are totally isolated from dissenting opinion. A media completely dominated by one political view is dangerous for society.

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 11:29:16 PM »

And I think we need to come up with a new word that goes beyond 'unhinged'. Jesus. The crap you guys are willing to believe; it's no different than the nutcases who believed Obama was a secret muslim - except those people were on the fringe, not a major part of the opposition. (Peeing hookers pushed by a NeverTrump group? Really guys?)

You mean like the President-elect of the United States?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »

nope, at least not anytime soon.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 12:25:47 AM »

Dem hacks on this forum are disgusting.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 12:42:28 AM »

It would take something egregious -- egregious enough for Democrats to prefer that Mike Pence be President. Of course t5he Agnew resignation was a shocker, and because of that Richard Nixon lost his "impeachment insurance.

Impeaching Trump to get to Pence would be possible in 2018 or later; that would depend upon Democrats winning both Houses of Congress, which is less likely than the Republicans getting a majority with which they could do Constitutional amendments practically at will.  of course Pence would have a chance to be elected twice after having served less than half of the remaining term of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump will be able to get away with governing much like a dictator because nobody in the Republican party wants to weaken the plutocratic rule that America is about to get.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 12:45:18 AM »

I think any effort to impeach Trump will go about as well as every other attempt to stop him.

Get a grip. The left of today is a case study of what happens when a group of people are totally isolated from dissenting opinion. A media completely dominated by one political view is dangerous for society.

I don't have an issue with people who think Obama is a Muslim. Ultimately, Obama's religious beliefs are only known to himself. I have an issue with people who think that he's a secret Muslim extremist working in cahoots with ISIL and Assad even despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and policies which have the exact opposite effect.

Likewise, it ultimately doesn't really matter whether Trump had a liaison with some naimiti and is being blackmailed, or if he's a secret Russo-fascist. What matters is his policy, which is in perfect lock-step with what United Russia would want from an American president, and which puts allies and other vulnerable states in Eastern Europe in grave danger.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 01:03:58 AM »

He should be, the GOP is too afraid of Trump's demented cultists to stand up to him though
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 01:16:41 AM »

This is the Republican Party we're talking about. John McCain can be considered a RINO for the mere fact he isn't stupid. 90% of GOP Congressmen are stupid. They won't impeach him because a lot of them probably trust Alex Jones more than Carl Bernstein. That isn't me exaggerating either. Dubya is too smart for the 2017 GOP. I'd call them evil, but they're too dumb to be evil. Good "Christians" too lol. What a hypocritical and stupid party. It's sad when you make Democrats look smart. Iran Contra was evil, but at least HW and Reagan weren't stupid. They're RINOs too these days. The modern stupid Republican Party uses snow as evidence for proof that climate change is false. The modern stupid GOP takes the word of Breitbart "reporters" over the word of the Intel community. They're too stupid to care about Russia blackmailing Trump, and too hypocritical to care about Trump being the least Christian person to ever lead this country.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »

This is the Republican Party we're talking about. John McCain can be considered a RINO for the mere fact he isn't stupid. 90% of GOP Congressmen are stupid. They won't impeach him because a lot of them probably trust Alex Jones more than Carl Bernstein. That isn't me exaggerating either. Dubya is too smart for the 2017 GOP. I'd call them evil, but they're too dumb to be evil. Good "Christians" too lol. What a hypocritical and stupid party. It's sad when you make Democrats look smart. Iran Contra was evil, but at least HW and Reagan weren't stupid. They're RINOs too these days. The modern stupid Republican Party uses snow as evidence for proof that climate change is false. The modern stupid GOP takes the word of Breitbart "reporters" over the word of the Intel community. They're too stupid to care about Russia blackmailing Trump, and too hypocritical to care about Trump being the least Christian person to ever lead this country.

What's the evil/stupid composition of hypocracy?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:35 AM »

My cool mind says no. But my gut feelings says yes. Either directly impeached or resign in advance just like Nixon did. Too many conflicts of interests, the whole Russian thing and/or he could fill his own pockets/enrich himself while in office.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies