Will Trump be impeached?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:41:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump be impeached?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Will Trump be impeached?  (Read 3719 times)
Angel of Death
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »

I can totally see Trump doing the ol' "You can't fire me, I quit!"-routine, if it ever gets that close. His patheticness is really that predictable.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 12:31:23 PM »

There is also the chance that an obese man in his 70s drops dead of a heart attack.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »

There is also the chance that an obese man in his 70s drops dead of a heart attack.

HEALTHIEST PRESIDENT EVER.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 01:32:34 PM »

Decent chance.

Regarding whether or not the GOP Congress would stick their necks out to defend Trump, keep in mind that if Trump and Pence both go down in flames, Ryan becomes President. Could be some House of Cardsish machinations going on.

Stay tuned....
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 01:42:49 PM »

It would take something egregious -- egregious enough for Democrats to prefer that Mike Pence be President. Of course t5he Agnew resignation was a shocker, and because of that Richard Nixon lost his "impeachment insurance.

Impeaching Trump to get to Pence would be possible in 2018 or later; that would depend upon Democrats winning both Houses of Congress, which is less likely than the Republicans getting a majority with which they could do Constitutional amendments practically at will.  of course Pence would have a chance to be elected twice after having served less than half of the remaining term of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump will be able to get away with governing much like a dictator because nobody in the Republican party wants to weaken the plutocratic rule that America is about to get.

True, but wouldn't Pence probably be impeached also? If proof comes out that Trump conspired with Russia, Pence was on the ticket....I'm not sure he'd be able to just come out of it unscathed, even if he had no personal knowledge of it.

There would certainly be a strong argument to be made that he's tainted also, and that they need to both be removed, making Paul Ryan President.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 02:03:14 PM »

One can dream.

Next in line is Mike Pence though, so maybe I should dream of another unlikely scenario. Like me getting a girlfriend.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 01:44:09 PM »

I think Trump will be impeached because the Republicans will get fed up with him somehow. Trump isn't controllable but Mike Pence is.

Pence also won't send business stocks crashing with tweets. Business craves stability, especially in the worlds biggest business hub.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »

The fact that he hasn't sold his company is reason enough to impeach him but as long as he does what the Republicans want, he will be ok.  If for example the Congress repeals Obamacare and he vetoes it, the Republicans will impeach him and replace him with Pence.
If the Democrats win the Congress in 2018 (unlikely) then the chances of him being impeached increase
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:52 PM »

The fact that he hasn't sold his company is reason enough to impeach him but as long as he does what the Republicans want, he will be ok.  If for example the Congress repeals Obamacare and he vetoes it, the Republicans will impeach him and replace him with Pence.
If the Democrats win the Congress in 2018 (unlikely) then the chances of him being impeached increase

I wouldn't be so sure of that. If Republicans remove him from office, they will royally upset his supporters. Republicans need those voters, and what will they say to them in the next election(s)?

This kind of action wouldn't be "free," so to speak. It will cost the GOP in the next election. This is not something Mitch McConnell would want to do. After all, the only thing he truly cares about is winning elections.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »

No
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »

Who knows, but if he performs an impeachable act then he should be impeached for it.

But with the GOP controlling everything, they'll probably let it slide, as long as Trump is being mainly cooperative with their agenda.

What I want to see is more of Trump tweeting at the stupid Gopers for wasting time doing stupid things. Keep those creeps in line!

And I think it will be more the case that Trump will get BORED and resign.

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »

I hope so.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2017, 09:13:07 PM by Meclazine »

Who knows, but if he performs an impeachable act then he should be impeached for it.

My girlfriend said someone will assassinate him. Lord knows, some British autistic teenager has already tried and my girlfriend is still keen to give it a shot, excuse the pun.

I think Trump will be impeached after he turns North Korea into a silicified breccia zone. I cannot see Kim Jong Un lasting too long after Donald Trump sends him the "Death Tweet".

Kim Jong-un (1984-2017) - Death by Twitter.

Trump will nail him and then get impeached for it.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies