Department of Federal Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:25:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections  (Read 71940 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »

Who is charge here? What is going on? Has the Department of Federal Elections become some kind of perverted post-modern charade? This is a national disgrace. 

Hear hear comrade. The President must fire "Peebs" immediately. At least Teddy would actually post results in between breaks from reality.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »

Encke for SOFE
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »

At least it isn't just Labor falling apart this time Tongue
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2017, 10:38:05 PM »

Peebs is a wonderful, hard-working SOFE. She is perfectly capable and fit to do the job.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2017, 10:40:10 PM »

I do think the real results need to be posted eventually, including the numbers. Doesn't have to be today, but this can't be sufficient.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2017, 01:46:56 AM »

I think the quota is wrong

Floor (Valid Votes Cast/[Seats+1])+1

I had 119 votes cast validly in the House election. Does anyone else have that number?

119/10 (Seats+1) is 11.9

floor function rounds down according to PiT back in April.

That means 11+1 equal 12.

If I am wrong on the number of votes and it was 120 or higher, the quota is 13 instead of 12.

I don't see where 14 was obtained, unless they used a different formula or have a different interpretation of the formula from PiT.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »

Peebs is a wonderful, hard-working SOFE. She is perfectly capable and fit to do the job.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »

I do think the real results need to be posted eventually, including the numbers. Doesn't have to be today, but this can't be sufficient.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2017, 10:11:19 AM »

God bless the Deputy for doing this when I had to sleep!
The proper certification - blood-steat-tears version
Now can you guys stop rioting?!
At least it isn't just Labor falling apart this time Tongue
Both sides do it.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »

I have to say that it's still not really clear to me. So the quota was 12, CMB, Fhtagn, Leinad, Pessimistic, Peebs and Yankee were elected on the first count, Novella was eliminated with the fewest votes, then Alpha and cxs were elected because they had more votes than Poirot?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »

I have to say that it's still not really clear to me. So the quota was 12, CMB, Fhtagn, Leinad, Pessimistic, Peebs and Yankee were elected on the first count, Novella was eliminated with the fewest votes, then Alpha and cxs were elected because they had more votes than Poirot?

Go to column O and scroll straight down and you will see the full results for each round.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »

Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks!
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

Oh yeah, since Smith's de-registration made Atlas Lib Dems a minor party, there'll be a special election this weekend. Will make sample ballot soon.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2017, 05:24:20 PM by Peebs »

WARNING! Do not vote until 0:00 EST (1:00 EDT)! You will have 72 hours in which to vote - there's no rush!

REPUBLIC OF ATLASIA - In Dave We Trust
Official Ballot

READ THIS FIRST

1. The election will last 72 hours, starting at 0:00 EST Friday August 4 and ending 0:00 EST Monday August 7.

2. You are eligible to vote in this election if you have made 10 posts on the Atlas Forum in the past 8 weeks, have registered as a voter with the Registrar General more than 7 days before the start of the election, and have not had your voting rights stripped as a result of deregistration or a court verdict.

3. You must vote by ranking your choices in the order of your preference: 1 for your first preference, 2 for your second preference, and so on. You may write in preferences for candidates not on the ballot. If you only wish to preference one candidate, marking an X next to the candidate's name or simply writing the candidate's name is sufficient, provided that you do not wish your vote to transfer to other candidates.

4. If you do not wish to vote for any candidate on the ballot nor to write in a candidate, you may vote for None of the Above as your first preference. All candidates ranked under None of the Above will not receive those preferences during the counting of the votes.

5. You are permitted, but not advised, to edit your ballot within 20 minutes of posting it within this thread. Deleting your ballot at any time or editing it after 20 minutes will result in the invalidation of your vote.

6. Please check over your ballot thoroughly before you click "Post". You have no excuse for casting a ballot which contains errors or does not accurately reflect your preferences. Failure to correct errors in your ballot may result in its disqualification. While the alphabetically-ordered ballot below is provided for your convenience should you wish to quote this post, you may order the candidates on your ballot however you would like.

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - ONE SEAT

[  ] Potus2036 of West Virginia
Federalist Party

[  ] Write-in: ______________________________
-__________________

[  ] None of the above
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »

Should go without saying, but I'd like to be able to accept votes as Potus as well.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2017, 05:24:03 PM »

Should go without saying, but I'd like to be able to accept votes as Potus as well.
I was going to do that anyway. Tongue
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2017, 07:48:41 PM »

Surprise! A special House election. Where was this announced? I may have missed it. According to Federal electoral Act.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If an election is advertised there is a better chance to have more than one candidate on a ballot and if there are people interested they can declare.

Also the party should decide who is filling the vacancy. Section 3 of the constitution states

You must be logged in to read this quote.

the effected party could be the party who helped the representative get elected, meaning the registration on the ballot. If it's party at the time of resignation, the representative resigned before deregistering. I see on the last census there were three members. Sp if at the time of resignation there were three members (before deregistering) I think it's enough to be considered an official party (unless there is a official number to be considered a major party).
I think the vacancy should be filled by the party at the time of resignation (if not at election) and there shouldn't be a special election.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2017, 12:09:58 AM »

@ Poirot the party fell below recognition status so they couldn't fill the vacancy
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »

@ Poirot the party fell below recognition status so they couldn't fill the vacancy

The census table at the end of July shows a party with three members, that is a recognized party. Unless there is a mistake somewhere, I presume at the time of the resignation the party had 3.

I don't see anywhere a criteria that states another point in time to maintain a treshold, would it be 24 hours after resingation, three days? or that a party must maintain a minimum for a period of time, like during two days following resignation?

When it was announced there would be a special election it was too late for candidate to appear on the ballot anyway. I imagine it would be awkward to advertise elections in an elections game... Anyway I think the special election is illegitimate. 
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

The census table at the end of July shows a party with three members, that is a recognized party. Unless there is a mistake somewhere, I presume at the time of the resignation the party had 3.
Ah, but you see, that included CXSmith (who has since deregistered). With his departure, the Lib Dems dropped to two registered voters, and thus lost major party status.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »

SoFE Peebs,
Until this court case has ended, the August House special election cannot be certified.

Regards,
The Supreme Court
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »

Got it. Will post results after the election (albeit lacking a certification) so I can later, should the occasion arise.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »

Potus2036 - 33 (68.75%)
LLR (WI) - 13 (27.09%)
Bacon King (WI) - 1 (2.08%)
Firstdegreeburns (WI) - 1 (2.08%)
Invalid:
Bacon King (not enough posts)
tedbessell (reg too late)

Not certifying yet due to lawsuit, but wanted to save this.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2017, 04:39:58 PM »

This quote seems applicable in light of recent events:

Who is charge here? What is going on? Has the Department of Federal Elections become some kind of perverted post-modern charade? This is a national disgrace. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies