Trump derangement syndrome
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:26:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump derangement syndrome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump derangement syndrome  (Read 2114 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:51:20 PM »

I thought the melt from the right when Obama won twice was going to be the spectacle of our era, but my god the meltdown that started on november 8 till now is easily the cake taker.

First you have the recounts, spurred on by a faulty university of michigan report that said voting machines in rural wisconsin were hacked. W

When the recount failed, an effort was applied to get the electoral college to block trump. Protestors and celebrities banded together and...... hillary actually lost more electors.

Then comes the russian episode, based on "anonymous" sources and concluding with the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen- the belief that donald trump had prostitutes pee on a russian hotel bed used by the Obamas.

In the span of two months, we have seen more paranoid BS than we have seen in 8 years of president jug ears' reign.

Get a hold of yourselves you clowns. You all look like idiots running around with your testicles cut off. Get over the loss and work on winning in 2 years and then 4.

You are doing exactly what you complained about for the last eight years
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:59:01 PM »

I thought I coined this term. Where did you get it from? Tongue

Seriously though, this saga has been a source of much amusement for me. Between Trump (who is always a riot) and the anti-Trump crew (who are increasingly hysterical and unhinged), it's like watching a soap opera. Whether it's actually any good for their cause remains to be seen. Trump survived attempts to link him up to David Duke and Alex Jones after all.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »

Dont tell me what to do marty.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »

okay but that resulted in the Republicans controlling the entire country so what's the problem?
JJC

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 11:14:55 PM »

okay but that resulted in the Republicans controlling the entire country so what's the problem?

Obama implementing an incredibly unpopular health care law did that.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 11:21:10 PM »

Marty in these next 4 years you are going to be sadly, sadly disappointed by your dear leader.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »

Just put the shoe on the other foot. If Hillary had won, how much "fun" would you guys be having now? You think life would be all rosy and peaches and cream watching her put all those "lefty loonies" in her cabinet and in the Supreme Court?

Trump is an unstable wild card who nobody knows what he's going to do from one moment to the next, not even his own adopted party. People have a right to FEAR what is going to happen to this country with Trump and his extremists and big business billionaires at the helm.
JJC

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »

Just put the shoe on the other foot. If Hillary had won, how much "fun" would you guys be having now? You think life would be all rosy and peaches and cream watching her put all those "lefty loonies" in her cabinet and in the Supreme Court?

Trump is an unstable wild card who nobody knows what he's going to do from one moment to the next, not even his own adopted party. People have a right to FEAR what is going to happen to this country with Trump and his extremists and big business billionaires at the helm.

Clinton would not have to contend with countless political hitjobs by Obama's CIA. Republicans would not riot in the streets. Pointless recounts would not occur. Fake media stories titled 'hacked elections' - as to subtly suggests to low-info voters that actual votes were altered instead of a private organization's emails - would not exist. Intimidating the electors to overturn election results wouldn't have happened.

And most importantly, Obama wouldn't be making controversial, wide sweeping foreign policy decisions that are antithetical to what Hillary campaigned just 30 day before leaving office. Nor would Obama be making enemies with Russia/Israel, or be doing things to tie up Hillary's hands.

I'm not surprised by any of this though. The left has been acting this way for over a decade. Obama in particular is one of the most whiny, self-righteous narcissistic in the world.

10 more days.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 11:39:15 PM »

I'm not surprised by any of this though. The left has been acting this way for over a decade. Obama in particular is one of the most whiny, self-righteous narcissistic in the world.
Hah! First the Berners and now the Trump stooges! This is gonna be a fun eight years.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »

Some people take their hatred of Trump a bit too far by delving into conspiracy theories, I'll certainly admit that. But honestly, what is the appropriate response to someone like Trump? Is it actually possible for people on the left to communicate our frustration in a way that doesn't anger the right? This is not merely a matter of disappointment over someone on the "red team" winning, but outrage and fear over someone who we view as dangerously unfit to be Commander in Chief.

I don't think it's completely fair to compare the negative reaction and opposition to Trump to the reaction to Obama from the right. Obama did not run the same kind of campaign Trump ran. He did not win under the same circumstances as Trump. Even setting policies aside, he is simply not the same kind of person as Trump. Yes, the reaction on the left is partially due the probability of a more conservative agenda being pushed. However, it's definitely more than that, and I'm not talking about Russia. To those of us on the left, Trump embodies some of the most destructive traits of humanity. He's narcissistic. He's childish. He has no self restraint. He lies constantly. He does regularly "speak his mind", but there are times when it's really not appropriate to say the first thing that pops into your head, especially when you're going to be the POTUS.

Many Democrats and liberals have voiced their dissent through peaceful protests. Many have brought up specific policy issues which we are concerned about. Many have spoken candidly about their fear for what will happen to their friends who are immigrants or are Muslim. And yet, even in these cases, where people are more diplomatic, they're often dismissed as being "sore losers" who need to stop complaining and "give Trump a chance." I'm convinced that for many people, any form of dissent is unacceptable. Even when we try to be polite and diplomatic when speaking about someone who doesn't seem to believe in such ideas as politeness and diplomacy, we're called hypocrites, since we didn't like how Republicans reacted to Obama. (Not all forms of dissent are the same, mind you)

So again, I ask, what is the appropriate way to voice dissent over someone who we believe will take the country backwards?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 11:51:19 PM »

Clinton would not have to contend with countless political hitjobs by Obama's CIA. Republicans would not riot in the streets. Pointless recounts would not occur. Fake media stories titled 'hacked elections' - as to subtly suggests to low-info voters that actual votes were altered instead of a private organization's emails - would not exist. Intimidating the electors to overturn election results wouldn't have happened.

And most importantly, Obama wouldn't be making controversial, wide sweeping foreign policy decisions that are antithetical to what Hillary campaigned just 30 day before leaving office. Nor would Obama be making enemies with Russia/Israel, or be doing things to tie up Hillary's hands.

10 more days.

You sure have a lot of faith in a wild card. Good luck with that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 12:20:06 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2017, 12:35:13 AM by Runeghost »

Someone is certainly deranged.

You might even say he's...

I don't even need to say it, do I? And he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

Sure. It's going to be bad for the country. Awful really. But I have to admit that laughing at the devout Trump cultists is already a whole lot of fun. And their heads haven't even started exploding yet.

AtorBoltox

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 12:58:51 AM »

Classic case of psychological projection by Trumpists here
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 01:03:00 AM »

Marty in these next 4 years you are going to be sadly, sadly disappointed by your dear leader.

Even if he does do a terrible job, there are plenty who will simply give him kudos for not trying to live up to the lame-stream media's idea of what "success" look like - you know, low unemployment, peace abroad, a growing economy, all that crap.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 01:10:46 AM »

I need to ask people familiar with dictatorship -- how do you deal with dictatorship? If you have some intellectual responsibilities, as in teaching or in clergy, how do you avoid sucking up to the propaganda that the regime (and it will be a regime) puts out? If you teach civics do you praise the "Trump Revolution"? If you teach science, do you deny global warming? If you are clergy, do you praise the Gospel of Greed that idolizes the crassest of acquisitiveness?

Donald Trump will surely betray American workers. Sure, there will be more jobs -- but the total pay will be less. People will work more hours under harsher conditions for less.

In private life -- I suppose it will be easy to retreat to video, music, books, and uncontroversial creative activities. Just avoid the present, even though we can only live in it no matter how deep into antiquity (whether Big Band music and 1940-era movies, or ancient Greek literature) you delve.

Any Cubans here? How did you deal with Castro? I expect to feel much the same with the arrogance of a tyrant, the numbing propaganda, and the fear.

It will be harder to leave America. There are fewer places to go. I do not want to live as an illegal alien. There will be many people who emigrate because Trump's America will be incompatible with their conscience. Sure, I have some talent as a writer -- but there will be a surfeit of critiques of American politics at the time.    

In my case -- I am in my early sixties. I have very little to lose. Should Medicare be repealed and Social Security be cut off, then death solves all my problems. I can no longer be a workhorse capable of the 80-hour workweek. Donald Trump may cause many Americans to contemplate the Ultimate Exit.  
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 01:22:09 AM »

You've got a man who was elected promising policies straight out of Nazi Germany who is taking office in ten days. You're damn straight we're going to be upset. We're going to fight a man who is a modern Hitler because of that very fact. We're going to do to him what Republicans did to Obama because Donald Trump's policies are dangerous and hateful. Republicans did what they did to Obamacare because of the color of his skin.

Before you start screaming "POST-RACIAL SOCIETY!!!!!11!1!111!" The very reason Donald Trump was elected was because the election of a Black man to the Presidency scared white people so badly that they decided to vote this country's race relations back to the 1860s.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:26 AM »

I thought the melt from the right when Obama won twice was going to be the spectacle of our era, but my god the meltdown that started on november 8 till now is easily the cake taker.

First you have the recounts, spurred on by a faulty university of michigan report that said voting machines in rural wisconsin were hacked. W

When the recount failed, an effort was applied to get the electoral college to block trump. Protestors and celebrities banded together and...... hillary actually lost more electors.

Then comes the russian episode, based on "anonymous" sources and concluding with the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen- the belief that donald trump had prostitutes pee on a russian hotel bed used by the Obamas.

In the span of two months, we have seen more paranoid BS than we have seen in 8 years of president jug ears' reign.

Get a hold of yourselves you clowns. You all look like idiots running around with your testicles cut off. Get over the loss and work on winning in 2 years and then 4.

I don't remember what everyone did when Obama won...what did they say?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 03:56:58 AM »

If you expect us, or even a majority of Americans, to show the slightest bit of respect for that embarrassment of a man, then think again.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 04:54:03 AM »

Trump supporters treat the guy like a North Korean dictator. Literally all negative news is fake, and everything he says is true.

You're a goddamned cult at this point
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 05:17:25 AM »

Well said Marty.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:29 AM »

Trump supporters treat the guy like a North Korean dictator. Literally all negative news is fake, and everything he says is true.

You're a goddamned cult at this point

And Trump will live and be for  President for 100 years and all of his opponents are gay.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »

Some of you did a great job proving the OP's point.  <golf clap>

(and again, I hate Trump as much as any of you and have since the 80s)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »

10 more days.

Not true. No one has brought guns to town halls yet.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »

Hah! First the Berners and now the Trump stooges! This is gonna be a fun eight years.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at how this controversial figure won the election. It's beyond my comprehension. Another thing beyond my comprehension is how so many of his supporters think that he is going to do great things for this country. I have no clue what they base their idea upon, but to be so certain that Trump is going to change anything for the better is only wishful thinking at this point. The supporters don't know anything more about the wild card Trump than do any of the rest of us.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies