2018: How many Senate seats do Democrats pick up? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:19:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018: How many Senate seats do Democrats pick up? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many seats do Democrats pick up in 2018?

1-2

3+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: 2018: How many Senate seats do Democrats pick up?  (Read 6130 times)
RJ
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:04:46 AM »

One thing I learned after 2006, 2008 and 2010 is that it doesn't matter what color(red or blue) states are up for reelection as much as the political climate in 2018. Scott Brown won in MA in 2010 because of media driven pessimism. Mark Begich won in AK in 2008 on a wave of "democratic change." John Tester beat long time incumbent Conrad Burns in Montana of all places in 2006 given similar circumstances. I said 1-2 seats but who knows what things will look like in a year and a half.

I see the Republican party is already starting to overreach by passing tax cuts and trying to repeal Obamacare. If over 20 million people lose their healthcare and the budget deficit balloons again worse than it is now I don't see how the Republican party can recover. I'd also like to think that if Donald Trump shoots off his mouth their would be a referendum but that already happened and that boob got elected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies