Study: Conservatives are more attractive than liberals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:45:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Study: Conservatives are more attractive than liberals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Study: Conservatives are more attractive than liberals  (Read 5096 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »

When it comes to only dating people with the same political views, it looks like it's best to be a conservative woman.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »

> "Extreme"Republican
> Complains about people being edgy
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »

In 2006, there was a House race in Nebraska between a Democrat, Scott Kleeb, and a Republican, Adrian Smith.  (Smith won.)

Scott Kleeb

Adrian Smith

Case closed.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 09:28:57 PM »

In 2006, there was a House race in Nebraska between a Democrat, Scott Kleeb, and a Republican, Adrian Smith.  (Smith won.)

Scott Kleeb

Adrian Smith

Case closed.

Smith is far more handsome.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »

ayy lmao
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »

Can we not?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:19 AM »

Physical attractiveness too highly subjective to even be remotely meaningful in any study like this.

Also, what's wrong with pink hair? I love girls with dyed hair.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 01:48:40 AM »

Physical attractiveness too highly subjective to even be remotely meaningful in any study like this.

I think it's moreso the type of people who dye it aren't very attractive to begin with. Nothing too unattractive about the dying itself.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 02:21:28 AM »

I think it's moreso the type of people who dye it aren't very attractive to begin with. Nothing too unattractive about the dying itself.

Quite probably. Definitely not everyone is attracted to that "indie girl" look, which is fine. To each their own, of course. But, personally, that's my preference; dyed hair, a few tattoos, some piercings.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »

Quite probably. Definitely not everyone is attracted to that "indie girl" look, which is fine. To each their own, of course. But, personally, that's my preference; dyed hair, a few tattoos, some piercings.

Its not without its charm. Can really accentuate getting more substantial and mainstream work done.

PS This thread is ridiculous and I am doing Trumpy Troll. Feels good, man.
kyc0705

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »

Centrists are inherently smarter, better looking, and more sane than either.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 09:13:49 AM »

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »

Sounds like this might be part of the effort by the right-wing media to dictate what's attractive and what isn't.

I think crooked teeth are attractive. The media keeps trying to brainwash people into thinking otherwise.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 10:29:32 AM »

This is a ridiculous study, LOL.  That's like a study that says, "Liberals are more interesting, on average."  Says who?!  Also, LOLed pretty hard at CrabCake's post. Smiley

Anecdotally, my female Republican friends are definitely hotter on average than my female Democratic friends, LOL.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »

This is a ridiculous study, LOL.  That's like a study that says, "Liberals are more interesting, on average."  Says who?!  Also, LOLed pretty hard at CrabCake's post. Smiley

Anecdotally, my female Republican friends are definitely hotter on average than my female Democratic friends, LOL.
Fit White girls with big asses do lean right. But I've done well with some who don't.
When I think of left leaning chicks, you have all kinds of actresses and chicks who don't really care. When I think of right leaning ones, I think of chicks trying to become moms.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »

Fit White girls with big asses do lean right.

They're probably doing their squats wrong if their glutes are asymmetrical.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »

Fit White girls with big asses do lean right.

They're probably doing their squats wrong if their glutes are asymmetrical.

Cheesy
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »

In fairness, the type of girl that I am most attracted to is the (wealthier) Southern belle look either with brown or blonde hair, and they certainly lean Republican!  So, it is actually my experience that Republican girls are far hotter.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:47 PM »

In the absence of substance, there has to be something trivial to fill the void.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »

In fairness, the type of girl that I am most attracted to is the (wealthier) Southern belle look either with brown or blonde hair, and they certainly lean Republican!  So, it is actually my experience that Republican girls are far hotter.

You're a virgin right?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

What if they aren't American though? Are right-wing people from Europe or Latin American supposedly more physically attractive than left-wing people from there?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »

In fairness, the type of girl that I am most attracted to is the (wealthier) Southern belle look either with brown or blonde hair, and they certainly lean Republican!  So, it is actually my experience that Republican girls are far hotter.

You're a virgin right?

IIRC, he once claimed (admitted? That's probably the more useful word here) that he was 300+ lbs, so the answer is pretty obvious.

That's pretty mean and the answer isn't obvious just because of his supposed weight (nor do I care what the answer is, since that's his personal business, not ours).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2017, 01:43:53 PM »

What if they aren't American though? Are right-wing people from Europe or Latin American supposedly more physically attractive than left-wing people from there?

They are talking about pols, not voters. They didn't do like a HotOrNot test. Although I imagine that racism plays a factor in any determination like that. Maybe amongst conservative minorities and liberal whites, they are more objective.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

They are talking about pols, not voters. They didn't do like a HotOrNot test. Although I imagine that racism plays a factor in any determination like that. Maybe amongst conservative minorities and liberal whites, they are more objective.

There is no way to be "objective" about physical attraction.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »

There is no way to be "objective" about physical attraction.

There are many universally agreed upon signs of physical attractiveness. Just because one is not attracted to someone does not mean they cannot acknowledge that that someone is attractive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies