George R. R. Martin thinks The Winds of Winter will be out this year (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  George R. R. Martin thinks The Winds of Winter will be out this year (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George R. R. Martin thinks The Winds of Winter will be out this year  (Read 344 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:44 AM »

http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-thinks-winds-winter-will-year/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »

It'd be less galling if he'd designated some sort of Christopher Tolkien-esque literary executor to tie up the series in the event of his demise. But he's explicitly refused to do that. (I think it's understandable that he has, for various reasons, but it's still incredibly frustrating.)

I volunteer for the position.

Joking aside, I don't see why he wouldn't because he gave the ending away to the show's creators. This move seems hypocritical.

Not really since the show-runners clearly have little-to-no interest in following the books at this point.  Beyond which, I suspect he only gave them broad strokes, people have this idea that everything's planned out already to the smallest detail and that seems kinda ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies