Pew polls US partisan divide on Israel, Russia, world leaders, etc.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pew polls US partisan divide on Israel, Russia, world leaders, etc.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Pew polls US partisan divide on Israel, Russia, world leaders, etc.  (Read 1304 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:48:27 PM »

Latest from Pew:

http://www.people-press.org/2017/01/12/the-world-facing-trump-public-sees-isis-cyberattacks-north-korea-as-top-threats/

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 04:47:31 PM »

Why does the question about Mideast sympathies not add up to 100% between the three options?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »

Why does the question about Mideast sympathies not add up to 100% between the three options?

Because there's a fourth option not shown: "don't know"
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:34:17 PM »

Oh boy, Republicans sure know what major threats are Roll Eyes
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »

I never took this poll. I don't personally know anyone who did. Republicans I know agree with the 41% who say Putin is a threat.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »

All these percentages are way too high.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »

I never took this poll. I don't personally know anyone who did. Republicans I know agree with the 41% who say Putin is a threat.

-He's a much bigger friend to the U.S. than Israel is, as Israel's not fighting ISIS, despite it being directly on its border. Russia is a much smaller threat to the U.S. than Israel (it's less influential in American politics) and is about the same size a threat as, say, Britain.
Eharding

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »

-They do.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »

Gaza and the West Bank should be Israel , they won a war that palestians and their allies started and when you start a war and lose the victor obviously gets some of your territory .
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 07:10:38 PM »

-He's a much bigger friend to the U.S. than Israel is, as Israel's not fighting ISIS, despite it being directly on its border. Russia is a much smaller threat to the U.S. than Israel (it's less influential in American politics) and is about the same size a threat as, say, Britain.

Russia has less influence on American politics??  Did Israel just hack a US election that I missed?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2017, 07:20:11 PM by Cashew »

Russia has less influence on American politics??  Did Israel just hack a US election that I missed?

Unless you can prove voting machines were altered, that is a false statement. Come on, is using proper terminology that hard?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »

Russia has less influence on American politics??  Did Israel just hack a US election that I missed?

Unless you can prove voting machines were altered, that is a false statement.

I never said the voting machines were altered.  I said the election was HACKED.  Take your fake news elsewhere.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

Russia has less influence on American politics??  Did Israel just hack a US election that I missed?

I never said the voting machines were altered.  I said the election was HACKED.  Take your fake news elsewhere.

Like the Vermont utility hack lie WAPO peddled?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »

I never said the voting machines were altered.  I said the election was HACKED.  Take your fake news elsewhere.

Who and what.  Im worried about bigger fish.
Eharding

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »

Cashew is right. And as for Israel, nobody remembers nuthin:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2012/0927/What-Netanyahu-s-meddling-in-US-election-means-for-Obama-Romney-and-diplomacy
Cashew
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »

Who and what.  Im worried about bigger fish.

My point still stands.

You know very well that before 2016 uttering the phrase "election hacking"="vote rigging" in the minds of most Americans, as well as the minds of people in countries that have had stolen elections. so yes you are presenting a false narrative.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »

Gaza and the West Bank should be Israel , they won a war that palestians and their allies started and when you start a war and lose the victor obviously gets some of your territory .

Are you in the 19th century? This is not how things are done anymore, for very obvious reasons.
Eharding

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »

As of yet, the intelligence agencies have not released evidence to the public showing the DNC hacking and Podesta phishing were coordinated with or by the Russian government. In any case, it is widely known that everyone hacks everyone all the time, however improper that hacking may be. Though the hacking and phishing may have been improper, the release of the DNC and Podesta emails was in the public interest.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »

You're a new poster and I already think you are a fool. Congrats.

Why does Israel have to get involved in the war on ISIS? It's the only stable country in the Middle East. The U.S. should be happy that Israel isn't complicating an already complex conflict.

Also, what? Israel is more of a threat to us then Russia? What world do you live in? A white supremacist dream world?

Israel does not influence American elections. American Pro-Israel groups are not agents of Israel. Nor are they the only lobby that supports aligning with certain countries. The Cuban-American, Armenian-American, Azeri-American, Greek-American, Arabic and Turkish-American lobbies all have a lot of power as well.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »

Are you in the 19th century? This is not how things are done anymore, for very obvious reasons.

Really? That's clearly how we've let arab countries operate for the past century. But, his "proposal" is ridiculous for different reasons. Palestinians can keep Gaza, they made it into a hellhole, they can have it.

Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 07:36:54 PM »

Democrats are stupid in liking Angela Merkel, who's policies have inflicted pain and suffering in Germany, less so because of the coalition with the social democrats, but throughout Europe with austerity and increased neoliberalism.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

except it was Palestine who started the War not Israel , if they never started a war of aggression Israel would never have had the territory they want back. Its simple they lost the war they started, so they have no reason to complain . In this case actually Israel = IF Kuwait beat Iraq, Palestine = Iraq (Agressors )
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »

except it was Palestine who started the War not Israel , if they never started a war of aggression Israel would never have had the territory they want back. Its simple they lost the war they started, so they have no reason to complain . In this case actually Israel = IF Kuwait beat Iraq, Palestine = Iraq (Agressors )

Which is fine, but it would probably cause an armed insurrection and a brutal and destructive war.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »

Really? That's clearly how we've let arab countries operate for the past century. But, his "proposal" is ridiculous for different reasons. Palestinians can keep Gaza, they made it into a hellhole, they can have it.

Annexation is not looked on kindly by the contemporary international community. There are only three cases of annexation in Arab countries I can think of between 1950: the widely condemned annexation of Kuwait by Iraq, the widely condemned attempted and ongoing annexation of Western Sahara by Morocco and the elapsed and never recognised "annexation" of the West Bank by Jordan that ended in 1988. Aside from India's annexation of Goa and Sikkim, very few countries are "lucky" enough to have their annexations solved cleanly. Israel, in that regards is no different from Indonesia in Timor/Papua or China in Tibet.

Now I believe in a one state solution. I think that Jews have a right to live throughout their ancestral lands, as do Palestinians and not artificially bifurcate the area into UN drawn mandates. But I am also a believer in democracy so the Palestinians (or if that triggers you, the Arabs that happen to live and originate in the region known historically as Palestine) have to consent to being part of the state, and must be granted equal citizenship rights as their Jewish brethren. Is that so much to ask?
Eharding

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 07:56:03 PM »

-Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies