WSJ: James Comey should resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  WSJ: James Comey should resign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WSJ: James Comey should resign  (Read 811 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:50:52 AM »

James Comey’s Best Service: The new AG should ask the director to resign for the good of the FBI

Wow, when you lose the conservative Wall Street Journal opinion section...
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »

Well, but probably he's better than any Drumpf appointee to follow.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »

He should have resigned since last year. Comey's reputation is low right now. Even his own Republicans are suspicious of him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 03:24:34 PM »

Just a hunch, but I think Comey is ready to retire and simply doesn't give a f[inks] about the mess he leaves on the way out the door. 

He'll make 7 figures a year in corporate America no matter what legacy he leaves behind.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 03:32:16 PM »

I mean, he tipped an election in the most powerful country in the world. Even if he was put in solitary for the rest of his life he could die a very happy man.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 03:48:58 PM »

I mean, he tipped an election in the most powerful country in the world. Even if he was put in solitary for the rest of his life he could die a very happy man.

He could reach the same thrilling heights of ecstasy as Gavrilo Princip and Marinus van der Lubbe!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »

I mean, he tipped an election in the most powerful country in the world.[/b] Even if he was put in solitary for the rest of his life he could die a very happy man.

Beet, I'll bet you no one hear flipped from Hilldawg to The Donald because of Comey.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »

I mean, he tipped an election in the most powerful country in the world.[/b] Even if he was put in solitary for the rest of his life he could die a very happy man.

Beet, I'll bet you no one hear flipped from Hilldawg to The Donald because of Comey.

Your state had 6.163 million votes, and was decided by 44,292, or 0.7% of the vote. Most of the impact of the Comey letter was indirect: Democrats staying home, Republicans turning out, and people influenced by the mood and momentum of the final days of the campaign. Actual people who flipped only needed to be like 1 in 200.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »

The effect of the Comey letter was twofold.

It caused some Sanders supporters who were reluctantly for Clinton as the lesser of two evils to convince themselves that both options were equally bad, and to thus vote 3rd party or stay home.

It caused some Republicans who dislike Trump  and were considering voting for Clinton due to her being more competent/experienced (or at least voting 3rd party or staying home) to convince themselves that Clinton was just as corrupt/evil and thus they might as well at least vote for the corrupt candidate that they partially agree with instead of the one they don't, or for those considering going 3rd party or staying home, that it was important that they vote for Trump to stop Clinton.

Like Beet said, not a lot of people in either camp, but it didn't take a lot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies