Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:08:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 112714 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: June 28, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »

Finally decided to try convincing the folks to let me "switch teams" again. Maybe I wasn't so clear in my coming-out essays, so this one will be a little more obvious. I am prepared for disappointment, but hoping to be surprised. The only problem is that I don't know what to say.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1326 on: June 28, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »

Congrats!

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1327 on: June 28, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

So was outside on the street having a cig in my non-smoking apartment complex in the medium size factory town in Oregon where I'm currently living, and see this older man from 200 Feet away that looked like someone I knew 15 years ago and haven't seen since.

Recognized him from that distance and shouted his name, and the guy turns around after a few hollers.

Turns out it was "Ray" (Names have been changed to protect the innocent) who came of age in Rural 'Bama in the Post-Civil Rights era, knew the legendary University of Alabama Coach Bear Bryant, driven Long Haul rigs from Florida to Mexico, worked a Coal Miner in Northern 'Bama for a year, was a roadie with Hank Williams Jr for a few years, shrimp fisherman off the Gulf Coast for a bit in the '80s, and most importantly a friend that I lost touch with some years back....

He just moved back to Oregon about a year or so back, as did I, and he's literally living one block away....

Anyways---- this is one of the most random encounters I have had since 1994 where I bumped into someone I knew at the major Train Station in East Berlin....

Not sure if any of y'all have had similar random encounters, but we'll be grabbing a beer next week after he comes back from the Coast and getting caught up on 15 years of life.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1328 on: June 28, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

Finally decided to try convincing the folks to let me "switch teams" again. Maybe I wasn't so clear in my coming-out essays, so this one will be a little more obvious. I am prepared for disappointment, but hoping to be surprised. The only problem is that I don't know what to say.

Best luck.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1329 on: June 29, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »

Just got approved for my first credit card.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1330 on: June 29, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »

Just got approved for my first credit card.

Now you're a man.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1331 on: June 29, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »

So was outside on the street having a cig in my non-smoking apartment complex in the medium size factory town in Oregon where I'm currently living, and see this older man from 200 Feet away that looked like someone I knew 15 years ago and haven't seen since.

Recognized him from that distance and shouted his name, and the guy turns around after a few hollers.

Turns out it was "Ray" (Names have been changed to protect the innocent) who came of age in Rural 'Bama in the Post-Civil Rights era, knew the legendary University of Alabama Coach Bear Bryant, driven Long Haul rigs from Florida to Mexico, worked a Coal Miner in Northern 'Bama for a year, was a roadie with Hank Williams Jr for a few years, shrimp fisherman off the Gulf Coast for a bit in the '80s, and most importantly a friend that I lost touch with some years back....

He just moved back to Oregon about a year or so back, as did I, and he's literally living one block away....

Anyways---- this is one of the most random encounters I have had since 1994 where I bumped into someone I knew at the major Train Station in East Berlin....

Not sure if any of y'all have had similar random encounters, but we'll be grabbing a beer next week after he comes back from the Coast and getting caught up on 15 years of life.

I had a pretty weird experience like this in high school when I ran into my friend's mom in the Karol Bagh area of Delhi. For context, this is what Karol Bagh looks like:

i.e., not the most touristy place out there. It turns out she was there with MSF.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1332 on: June 29, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »

I have a really bad cavity that's been hurting these past 3 days. I've been using some very strong orajel paste that was 10-20 bucks and it was only somewhat effective. I googled potential reliefs and found out about mixing salt and pepper plus water into a paste and applying that. The toothache I had is now a hundred times less painful than before and now I'm 10-20 bucks poorer Tongue
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1333 on: June 29, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

It's my birthday now Smiley
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1334 on: June 30, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »

Congratulations on making it around the sun again!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1335 on: June 30, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »

isn't it weird how the earth is constantly being pulled towards the sun yet it never loses a significant amount of potential
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1336 on: June 30, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »

isn't it weird how the earth is constantly being pulled towards the sun yet it never loses a significant amount of potential
As the person in charge of pushing it, you have no idea how it is to keep that going year after year.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1337 on: June 30, 2017, 12:22:55 AM »

As the person in charge of pushing it, you have no idea how it is to keep that going year after year.
BREAKING: CERN Physicists Discover So-Called "Graviton"
[...] it appears that the particle, contrary to our prior belief, has an I-AR avatar.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1338 on: June 30, 2017, 01:42:16 AM »

I just heard the word "memes" on television. Our society deserves destruction.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1339 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:46 AM »

Happy birthday cxs
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: June 30, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »

Happy birthday CXSmith!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1341 on: June 30, 2017, 03:52:03 PM »

sleeping pill hangovers suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

also happy birthday cxs
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1342 on: June 30, 2017, 09:09:35 PM »

God, I am so gonna chicken out of sending this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1343 on: June 30, 2017, 11:38:26 PM »

After a grueling and at times scary drive through seven hours of inclement weather, I made it home to see my five and three year old cousins for the first time in a while. Last time I saw them, my engine blew on the drive home so hopefully that won't happen again.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1344 on: July 01, 2017, 09:31:44 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1345 on: July 02, 2017, 09:14:04 PM »

The asshats next door are shooting off low-power fireworks; my room smells like gunpowder.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1346 on: July 02, 2017, 09:15:38 PM »

Neighbors are being annoying, for the last 2 days they have been launching fireworks from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1347 on: July 02, 2017, 09:21:56 PM »

Neighbors are being annoying, for the last 2 days they have been launching fireworks from 8 pm to 11:30 pm
Same here, but for like a week now.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1348 on: July 03, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »

I had a pretty weird experience like this in high school when I ran into my friend's mom in the Karol Bagh area of Delhi. For context, this is what Karol Bagh looks like:

i.e., not the most touristy place out there. It turns out she was there with MSF.

Wow!!!---- That is pretty insane and random experience-----
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1349 on: July 03, 2017, 04:57:29 AM »

On that subject, one of my university friends in Montreal met a lecturer in a bar in Prague, during the summer between two semesters.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies