Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:59:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111260 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: August 21, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »

Eagerly awaiting the Solar Eclipse tomorrow AM, as one of the first parts of the US to view the Eclipse in the path of totality.

Although they shut down my manufacturing line, so I don't need to work Monday but instead we make up hours on Friday, I still can't sleep in, because I need to wake up early, enjoy a few libations while listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", stroll out to my back patio, put on the special sun glasses, and chill for an hour or so, gradually watching the Eclipse happen.

Contrary to local media hype, it doesn't appear that the Medium sized Mill town that I live in is being overrun with tourists. Gas appears to be prevalant, and cell phone service has not ceased.

Hopefully the glut of tourists will inject some $$$ into the local economy, and they will recommend visiting Oregon to friends and family members, but not move here permanently, since we already have enough issues with gentrification and jacked up cost of living, as it is.....

So for anyone not on "The Path of Totality" hopefully you get a chance to enjoy the show, although unfortunately God with his wicked sense of humor appears to have punished Charlottesville on the big day....

We are getting totality here too.  The sun is out and is expected to stay out long enough to see this eclipse.  The conditions aren't really perfect, though, as heat indicies will likely be in triple-digits this afternoon, though it will cool off some during the eclipse itself.  Partiality begins in about an hour and a half, with totality in just over three hours.  I'm in Nashville, and we are certainly used to handling big crouds (we had 250,000 people downtown in June when the Stanley Cup collided with CMA Fest and again in July for the nation's largest 4th of July fireworks), so everything is running pretty much normally.  I'm about to head off to the AAA baseball stadium for a watch party and may try to take in a game afterwards.

Awesome--- was thinking about you earlier in the day after "totality" had based Oregon, etc, and I pull up some photos of the Eclipse elsewhere and saw giant photos of people in Memphis celebrating totality, and wondered "Is Extreme Republican" checking this out?    Smiley ....

The two minutes watching total eclipse in person were pretty damn amazing, if I must say so....

How did your eclipse Party work out down there? Hopefully not too much cloud action.... saw some cool photos from Memphis and there was a bit of cloud cover, but it seemed like overall weather pretty much cooperated down there....
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1676 on: August 21, 2017, 10:00:54 PM »

Eagerly awaiting the Solar Eclipse tomorrow AM, as one of the first parts of the US to view the Eclipse in the path of totality.

Although they shut down my manufacturing line, so I don't need to work Monday but instead we make up hours on Friday, I still can't sleep in, because I need to wake up early, enjoy a few libations while listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon", stroll out to my back patio, put on the special sun glasses, and chill for an hour or so, gradually watching the Eclipse happen.

Contrary to local media hype, it doesn't appear that the Medium sized Mill town that I live in is being overrun with tourists. Gas appears to be prevalant, and cell phone service has not ceased.

Hopefully the glut of tourists will inject some $$$ into the local economy, and they will recommend visiting Oregon to friends and family members, but not move here permanently, since we already have enough issues with gentrification and jacked up cost of living, as it is.....

So for anyone not on "The Path of Totality" hopefully you get a chance to enjoy the show, although unfortunately God with his wicked sense of humor appears to have punished Charlottesville on the big day....

We are getting totality here too.  The sun is out and is expected to stay out long enough to see this eclipse.  The conditions aren't really perfect, though, as heat indicies will likely be in triple-digits this afternoon, though it will cool off some during the eclipse itself.  Partiality begins in about an hour and a half, with totality in just over three hours.  I'm in Nashville, and we are certainly used to handling big crouds (we had 250,000 people downtown in June when the Stanley Cup collided with CMA Fest and again in July for the nation's largest 4th of July fireworks), so everything is running pretty much normally.  I'm about to head off to the AAA baseball stadium for a watch party and may try to take in a game afterwards.

Awesome--- was thinking about you earlier in the day after "totality" had based Oregon, etc, and I pull up some photos of the Eclipse elsewhere and saw giant photos of people in Memphis celebrating totality, and wondered "Is Extreme Republican" checking this out?    Smiley ....

The two minutes watching total eclipse in person were pretty damn amazing, if I must say so....

How did your eclipse Party work out down there? Hopefully not too much cloud action.... saw some cool photos from Memphis and there was a bit of cloud cover, but it seemed like overall weather pretty much cooperated down there....

I wound up changing my mind and getting lunch near where I was and then watching it here (2-3 miles away from downtown).  It turns out that that was a really good decision because the skies were perfectly clear for the entire thing here (no interference at all), while the "Lower Broadway" area was clear for the lead-up but had a cloud block totality.  Had I gone to the stadium (just north of that Lower Broadway area), I would have seen the very tail end of totality with the cloud moving just in time.  I got really lucky to stay here and have no clouds in the area of the sun for the partial or total phases.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1677 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:53 PM »

I've watched Bridegroom multiple times now in the past few months and each time it never fails to hit me right in the feels Sad
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1678 on: August 21, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

I wound up changing my mind and getting lunch near where I was and then watching it here (2-3 miles away from downtown).  It turns out that that was a really good decision because the skies were perfectly clear for the entire thing here (no interference at all), while the "Lower Broadway" area was clear for the lead-up but had a cloud block totality.  Had I gone to the stadium (just north of that Lower Broadway area), I would have seen the very tail end of totality with the cloud moving just in time.  I got really lucky to stay here and have no clouds in the area of the sun for the partial or total phases.

Really cool--- Local radio stations were running Pink Floyd's "Dark Side" album on continuous loop, many local large employers shut down manufacturing lines for the day, and Oregon had a huge injection of out of state residents purchasing goods and services in a Non-Sales Tax state....

Amazed that there aren't more Atlas posters that have commented about experiencing "totality", but man that was amazing experience. and anyone that says you need drugs or drinks to enjot the experience is obviously completely out of their minds.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1679 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »

One of my friends subscribed me to Roy Moore's emails and the Conservative Review's emails.

lol pretty sneaky, but I unsubscribed, so Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1680 on: August 22, 2017, 02:30:52 PM »

One of my friends subscribed me to Roy Moore's emails and the Conservative Review's emails.

My email was sold by somebody to Moore and the Conservative Review.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1681 on: August 22, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »

My email was sold by somebody to Moore and the Conservative Review.

That anti-privacy bill Trump signed is hard at work I see.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1682 on: August 23, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »

Sooo I've been hunting on-and-off this elitist moth I saw flapping around all snob-like, and I finally killed it dead and then immediately flipped my trance music back on and spent 5 WHOLE MINUTES dancing and saying I win!

I think I've peaked!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1683 on: August 23, 2017, 09:10:53 PM »

Sooo I've been hunting on-and-off this elitist moth I saw flapping around all snob-like, and I finally killed it dead and then immediately flipped my trance music back on and spent 5 WHOLE MINUTES dancing and saying I win!

I think I've peaked!
Teh acid?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1684 on: August 23, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

I've been hunting on-and-off this elitist moth I saw flapping around all snob-like

you on some good stuff
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1685 on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:25 PM »

The past couple weeks have really reminded me why I hated Trump so much in the primaries last year.  Can Kellyanne Conway please control the messaging like she did for him in the campaign?  I'm starting to lose faith in this presidency entirely (though Hillary would have been infinitely worse).
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1686 on: August 23, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2017, 11:29:36 PM by Jacobin American »

I started talking to a girl I met and it was going pretty well, but she wants to join the navy and the things she says it's like talking to my ex. I found myself feeling really upset when talking to her. So, obviously, I'm nowhere near ready for another relationship and still hoping like an idiot that my ex texts me back (and fighting the urge to text her. We agreed to stay friends but I said I wanted some time away). Somebody please kill me now!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1687 on: August 23, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »

My wife and I are watching "You're the Worst," which is exactly my brand of pitch black comedy
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1688 on: August 24, 2017, 12:18:28 AM »

I panicked bad when I lost my wallet yesterday and canceled all the cards I could...so now I'm running on an ATM-only card with nearly nothing on it and a cash stash while I wait.

Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #1689 on: August 24, 2017, 07:57:40 PM »

Adiós. There's no way to salvage it at this point.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1690 on: August 24, 2017, 08:12:20 PM »

I randomly decided to join the Atlas discord's voice channel, and Eharding immediately joined (I think).  The "hi's" happened, and then he immediately said that I called him a bad poster once. Something about his voice is just so off, strangely monotone. He makes me uncomfortable in a way that no one else ever has.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1691 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:45 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2017, 11:16:20 PM by Virginia »

I randomly decided to join the Atlas discord's voice channel, and Eharding immediately joined (I think).  The "hi's" happened, and then he immediately said that I called him a bad poster once. Something about his voice is just so off, strangely monotone. He makes me uncomfortable in a way that no one else ever has.

They actually want eharding there?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1692 on: August 24, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »

Okay, guess I got something after all. Already responded, will hopefully go to a shrink and/or the doctor soon.
Well, it's been a month, and looking like a dud. Maybe I should get a life and do it myself.
(Ah, who am I kidding? I'll never get a life!)
I randomly decided to join the Atlas discord's voice channel, and Eharding immediately joined (I think).  The "hi's" happened, and then he immediately said that I called him a bad poster once. Something about his voice is just so off, strangely monotone. He makes me uncomfortable in a way that no one else ever has.

They actually want eharding there?
Well, if they don't, they don't care about it enough to take action.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1693 on: August 24, 2017, 11:16:01 PM »

Yes, Discord Atlas is sadly infested with the likes of Eharding, Coraxion, and Young Texan.  That's why I stopped going on there.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1694 on: August 24, 2017, 11:19:34 PM »

Yes, Discord Atlas is sadly infested with the likes of Eharding, Coraxion, and Young Texan.  That's why I stopped going on there.

Is this platform mobile friendly? I'm asking for a friend of course.

I totally wouldn't use it to troll these people - heavens no. I'm a good boy.

It is!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1695 on: August 25, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »

I don't know, I had a very nice discussion about deer with him. And he didn't call me any anti-Semitic slurs, so that's a plus.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1696 on: August 25, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »

I don't know, I had a very nice discussion about deer with him. And he didn't call me any anti-Semitic slurs, so that's a plus.

I guess it's a feeling I get from him, my mind screamed "Danger, get away" when I talked to him. I get the feeling he holds a grudge on me as well.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1697 on: August 25, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »

Yes, Discord Atlas is sadly infested with the likes of Eharding, Coraxion, and Young Texan.  That's why I stopped going on there.

Is this platform mobile friendly? I'm asking for a friend of course.

I totally wouldn't use it to troll these people - heavens no. I'm a good boy.

It is!

Ooh! That makes me a happy panda.

If you say that again, I'm going to have Trump deport you to the Island of Misfit Mascots.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1698 on: August 25, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »

Well, the reason why eharding has not been banned is because he, amazingly, has been very well behaved in the chat.

However, if he does start to screw up, he can expect to be punished severely.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1699 on: August 25, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »

Today in my Humanities (U.S. History) class, I took a test titled "Populism" dealing with the election of 1896. I wondered if I did well considering the fact that today was literally my third day of school after fully registering. I took my best shot at it (especially considering that I did not study Tongue) and found out the test was fairly easy overall.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies