Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:51:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111701 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:14 PM »

I just found out the girl I've been crushing on for over a year got engaged yesterday. I didn't even know she was in a relationship. Sad
I don't mean to be insensitive, but that's what happens when you don't ask the girl out. (obviously, everyone's done this at least a few times, so it is understandable) It's not even really rejection if they're seeing someone.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1901 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »

I just found out the girl I've been crushing on for over a year got engaged yesterday. I didn't even know she was in a relationship. Sad
I don't mean to be insensitive, but that's what happens when you don't ask the girl out. (obviously, everyone's done this at least a few times, so it is understandable) It's not even really rejection if they're seeing someone.

I mean, there's a bit more to the story than what I posted - I asked her out last year, and she said she might be moving soon and didn't want to date if we would only be together a few months. Flash forward a year and a half, we're still both living here, and seeing as she's still moving at some point, I can only assume now that that was just a "no" with more palatable wording.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1902 on: October 11, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »

I should know better than seeking advice from Atlas (we all know how that goes), but anywho, I have a conundrum. I recently met a girl who has come over with friends to my house twice, and we really have hit it off. I want to invite her over to smoke and listen to some records tonight, but we just hung out on Sunday and Monday; my natural instinct is to do what I always do - play it cool and wait a few days. But now I'm starting to wonder if I dramatically overthink these things.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1903 on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »

I should know better than seeking advice from Atlas (we all know how that goes), but anywho, I have a conundrum. I recently met a girl who has come over with friends to my house twice, and we really have hit it off. I want to invite her over to smoke and listen to some records tonight, but we just hung out on Sunday and Monday; my natural instinct is to do what I always do - play it cool and wait a few days. But now I'm starting to wonder if I dramatically overthink these things.
You should invite her over anyway while being understanding if she's busy but leave the invitation open for later this week.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1904 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:57 PM »

You should invite her over anyway while being understanding if she's busy but leave the invitation open for later this week.
^ seconding this.

If you're into her, go for it!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1905 on: October 11, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »

^ seconding this.

If you're into her, go for it!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1906 on: October 11, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »

My girlfriend got me a print subscription to Jacobin Magazine for my birthday!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1907 on: October 11, 2017, 08:42:37 PM »

This a different one that cut and run a few months ago?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1908 on: October 11, 2017, 09:30:29 PM »

I have been feeling off these past few days, and my headaches look like they are returning. Hopefully it's nothing, but considering how awful last fall was it's quite unsettling.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1909 on: October 11, 2017, 11:46:15 PM »

This a different one that cut and run a few months ago?

Yep. Her and I said our peace right after all that happened and haven’t spoken since. I met this girl in late August and we hit it off pretty quickly; she’s a cute girl from rural Wisconsin, which is why I’m going to Green Bay after Thanksgiving.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1910 on: October 12, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »

My father: We can celebrate mother's and grandfather's birthday next Friday. I guess it fits, since you're going to university the day after.
Me: WHAT

So I'm going to completely change my life and move to the univeristy campus soon, and I didn't even notice that it's so damn soon. Whoops.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1911 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

I have never, ever stumbled upon this topic.  Way better than the rest of this site.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1912 on: October 12, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »

Allen Edmonds' RDA sale is my favorite time of the year.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1913 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »

My debit card shows a $42.00 deduction, ostensibly going to The Economist. I did not do this and am incensed. I have no reason to believe my subscription has changed, either.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1914 on: October 13, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »

My debit card shows a $42.00 deduction, ostensibly going to The Economist. I did not do this and am incensed. I have no reason to believe my subscription has changed, either.

See, that's what happens when you subscribe to a capitalist magazine. That'll learn ya.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1915 on: October 14, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »

Took a few pictures on this beautiful morning, on my way to the bakery and grocery shopping:

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1916 on: October 15, 2017, 02:52:36 PM »

Instead of working on Russian homework due tomorrow, I'm completely rehashing a research proposal project that I first began work on in September. This project is a bit more grandiose, but it's what I want to do and can much more easily match the submission requirements. While attempting to complete homework on my prior project, I realized I had absolutely no desire to continue it.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1917 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:24 AM »

In other news, my graduation paper is pure buffalo-f[inks]ing, and I have to start from scratch and write 5 pages over the next week because I went in a totally different direction than I was supposed to.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1918 on: October 16, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »

In other news, my graduation paper is pure buffalo-f[inks]ing, and I have to start from scratch and write 5 pages over the next week because I went in a totally different direction than I was supposed to.

Topic?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1919 on: October 16, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »

Topic?
I was gonna go with the role of the Vice President, but I spent eight pages going off on a tangent about each Vice President's role (up to Fairbanks, at this point).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1920 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »

Topic?
I was gonna go with the role of the Vice President, but I spent eight pages going off on a tangent about each Vice President's role (up to Fairbanks, at this point).

Yikes.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1921 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »

Peebs I had no idea you were such extreme Atlas! Shocked
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1922 on: October 16, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

I saw my dorm room today. Ew.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1923 on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:38 PM »

You're just gonna have to make it fabulous yourself!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1924 on: October 16, 2017, 12:51:38 PM »

It seems that I forgot to mention in the chaos, but I had to move back home.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies