Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:19:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111673 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:56 PM »

-The school is having a 5K on September 30th. Presuming that I am still in the area, or even in metro-Detroit, it seems like a good way to see how sh#tty I've gotten since I ran last year on October 30th. I was in much better shape then (running 5 miles at least once a week), so it's going to be an uphill climb to replicate or surpass my 22:48 fifth place finish. Speaking of, despite having only two meals today and doing relatively intense physical labor, I am not feeling the slimmest today. I had decided not to go to the gym due after work due to said labor and waking up with a sh#tty right knee, but I will have to make up for that tomorrow.
-I have a... meetup with an architect I went to school with (she just graduated with her masters on Saturday) and we have something that dimly resembles a history, so this might be interesting. I have no idea what either's level of interest is beyond grabbing some drinks and discussing, I dunno, philosophy and our mutual hatred of certain people. She's Catholic, though.
-Filled out a few job apps yesterday and I will email the person who will likely deny me a job on Friday if he does not contact me first about the position.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #951 on: May 16, 2017, 10:07:51 AM »

Today marks 100 days until the Great American Eclipse. Though I've been planning for years, it's interesting to see different media outlets start to notice. This time it was Accuweather.
HYPE
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #952 on: May 16, 2017, 10:36:16 AM »

My nose is running, my cough is loud, and I long for death.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #953 on: May 16, 2017, 10:37:26 AM »

I met Adam Putnam this morning. Nice enough guy (then again, the only dick politician I've ever met was Lindsey Graham), gave a good speech, made sure to take pictures with everyone. I put one up on FB.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #954 on: May 16, 2017, 11:47:15 AM »

Rubik's Cube nats in 52 days!!!!1!11!!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #955 on: May 16, 2017, 05:33:01 PM »

Put in the air conditioner today. During Christmas break, while I was away, one of my housemates got into my room and put chicken wire up on my window owing to his fear of burglary. This remained up for sometime since I never really open the curtains on that window. Had to wrestle the biatch off today and threw it in his room.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #956 on: May 16, 2017, 10:40:35 PM »

Started the first steps towards Unionizing my Warehouse Facility with ~550 Direct Hires, ~150 "associates"/"Temps"/"contingent workers".

Safety is supposed to be the #1 Corporate Value, but reality is the Value #3 Production is greater.

Everyone working in the warehouse takes tons of safety risks, because we know we don't have the right tools, equipment, and materials, to always be able to perform our jobs safely.

Even the "Veterans" who have worked here know that.

Additionally, the Management Team are overwhelmingly young College Graduates that have no idea of the actual nature of the work involved, and instead measure worker productivity based upon "units of production", which is easily gamed, since certain items take much longer to process, but still have much lower "units of production" than others.

Many of the "Veterans" who have been working at the Plant for 5+ years have no opportunity for promotion, since the employer would rather pay young college Grads to oversee Production in our Warehouse, than promote from within.

My thought is that with a Union in the joint, effectively the "POCs", or the equivalent of Supervisors in  most places, would effectively become Shop Stewards and get a bit of a Pay Bump, and help the rest of us all with common complaints like Safety, Training, that also helps bump up Production by improving efficiency and quality, in a Labor Force with a huge employee turnover rate.

The concept of Trade Unions being automatically in an adversarial relationship with management is a false dichotomy.... But when you have employers trying to cut every dime to the point where we are working in unsafe conditions, getting written up because of BS Production Metrics, Quality Control Issues, because basically Management is a bunch of young people in their early '20s that have less total work experience than many of us, and certainly none of them have had a team with ~(100) employees as I did a few years ago back when I was a Manager back in Texas.

Time to Unionize this joint, and maybe all of the worker injuries might go down and Production might just increase....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7__SrobWM
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #957 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »

Does rescuing a stray dog in front of a leader of a community group you're angling for an internship with boost your chances?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #958 on: May 16, 2017, 11:05:08 PM »

Does rescuing a stray dog in front of a leader of a community group you're angling for an internship with boost your chances?
idk but probably
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #959 on: May 17, 2017, 12:43:35 AM »

Did they catch onto the fact that you had it planted there and it was actually one of your co-conspirator's pet dog?
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #960 on: May 17, 2017, 06:53:01 AM »

Had a dream where I came out to a fictional girl I'm pretty sure I had a crush on as a trans woman. Then I woke up and fell down the stairs. Landed comfortably after sliding down a few steps.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #961 on: May 17, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »

Is it alright to say you have a 3.5 GPA, if you have a 3.45 GPA?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #962 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:15 PM »

By that token, I should have graduated magna cum laude (.01 away). Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #963 on: May 17, 2017, 04:43:22 PM »

No, it is the only unforgivable sin - rounding.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »

While many will think that's fine, some others will think it's disingenuous. I would be safe and put the exact number to the second decimal. If it's 3.459 then 3.46 is fine, but not 3.5.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »

Mad at the Dems today so new avatar
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »

Jtc RINO and his 20 creepy monikers at it again!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »

A friend of my brother whom I also knew died from an overdose. "Grey Death" heroin caused 25 ODs and wiped out my entire town's supply of narcan. My brother almost OD'ed in December, and he five months clean now. I can't help but feel sick to my stomach though. It could have easily been him.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2017, 11:49:37 AM »

that'll show 'em
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #969 on: May 18, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »

I got tickets to the Preds game tonight, so I'm really excited about that!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »

A potential employer (who I was directed to by a mutual teacher of ours--said professor's recommendation being my apparent gateway to the job), told me a month ago that he planned to start hiring around mid-May. Is now, May 18th, an appropriate time to contact him again to, y'know, check in and see if there are still opportunities? Much help needed.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #971 on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:49 PM »

Slowly transitioning back to Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #972 on: May 18, 2017, 09:05:46 PM »

Do you need hormones for that?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #973 on: May 18, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

A potential employer (who I was directed to by a mutual teacher of ours--said professor's recommendation being my apparent gateway to the job), told me a month ago that he planned to start hiring around mid-May. Is now, May 18th, an appropriate time to contact him again to, y'know, check in and see if there are still opportunities? Much help needed.

Absolutely.  Show interest.  If he's not hiring yet, he won't take offense.  You can't wait for him to come to you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #974 on: May 19, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »

Absolutely.  Show interest.  If he's not hiring yet, he won't take offense.  You can't wait for him to come to you.

Thanks. I was afraid that it would seem inappropriate or too desperate.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies