Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:18:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111087 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 21, 2017, 09:56:25 AM »

I've been watching things and learning who Hillary really was, and at the same time seeing things from right out of the election. Hillary should have won. Hillary deserved the seat. After all she's been through, after all she's done... Its become almost personal, the dismissal of such an incredible person under the excuse of a "lack of authenticity" and a shell created by people attacking her for asserting herself in her days in Arkansas and the White House, demanding that she meet every little BS nitpick about body language while the orange rapist got no such scrutiny, the idea that she was equally dishonest as trump, "a corrupt wall street shill" and other such disgusting attacks that frankly, come from pure sexism, the country cheering on the attempts of a completely unqualified ideological hack to usurp her place in the democratic nomination(I wouldn't have a problem with another candidate who deserved their place mounting a challenge, but bernie wasn't that) because of gud speaking skills and being a man oops, not supposed to say that, that's not politically correct, and then, despite being one of the most experienced, qualified, and capable presidential candidates in all of history, losing the presidency to a man so laughably unqualified that even me, in my current teenage state, could run an administration 10 times as good as his without preparing for the job. Its disgusting, its awful, and it shows just how awful america is and has always been. If Hillary was a male, she would have won in a landslide.

If Hillary was a male, she wouldn't have gotten through the primaries. Jesus Christ, no-one deserves the presidency.

And Bernie sanders can mount a nomination challenge to Hillary Clinton, the goddess, and he has the right to, he doesn't deserve to win, but deserves to challenge her, as do other democratic nominees.

If Clinton would make such a good president, she should've seen the incoming electoral challanges, and not have places an incompetent campaign strategy of appealing to only upper-middle class college educated surburbia. She lost to Obama as she did to Trump, because she's a horrible politician, who deserves nothing just because of her position of power.

I know having ideological positions and morals that helps the poor and the working class, is an ideological hack, for people that support the immortal, goddess, Hillary Clinton, as only sexism stopped her from winning and nothing else, as her horrible campaign strategy, and her being a horrible politician, and only being considered to be president, because of her rapist husband, Bill Clinton.

The actual context of the infamous deplorable quote was effectively"Trumps supporters are half evil (rich) racists but the other half is struggling people who need help. She worked to get where she did, she fought to get where she did, and yet, the country (kind of) decided to elect f**king donald instead. She did talk about her policies and helping the poor, its just that no one listened. Clinton is her own woman, the idea that she was riding off bill ignores that she was helping to run the white house until the public beat the strength out of her. This idea that Hillary couldn't have won the primary as a man is ridiculous. She is an inspiring person, a brilliant woman, an excellent public servant if you actually listen. My respect for her comes from my deeper then usual knowledge of who she is. Sanders doesn't have the incredible list of things she did(eg actually trying to get a child bride to the US to help her), he isn't a worthy opponent to her. I wouldn't be mad if she almost lost the primary to a dedicated public servant like ...  maybe Kaine, Booker, Pelosi?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #376 on: February 21, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »

Yeah, it's either "Hillary's devil incarnate" or "Hillary's the greatest".
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #377 on: February 21, 2017, 10:25:12 AM »

Yeah, it's either "Hillary's devil incarnate" or "Hillary's the greatest".

Wait - those things are mutually exclusive Huh
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #378 on: February 21, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »

indeed, God bless Hillary for marrying a President and staying with that creep for political gain even though he was a terrible person. All in a life's work. Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #379 on: February 21, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 11:39:49 AM by Kalwejt »

Hillary is just a bad politician, especially electoral-wise. It was her election to lose from day one. She could be diffrent had she not use everything as a springboard to the presidency and actually did some more work in office (she was pretty much a non-record Senator, acting more like a candidate-in-waiting). She certainly had all potential, but totally mismanaged it. There are plenty of worthy female politicians out there, but Hillary, due to whole hype, was taking away all the oxygen.

And no, no one deserved the presidency. Period.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:50 AM »

Sanders doesn't have the incredible list of things she did(eg actually trying to get a child bride to the US to help her)

Oh, Yemeni child bride thing had been already beaten to the ground. Very nice of her, yes. Except at the same time she strongly supports Saudi-led intervention in Yemen, which causes death of more of such kids on weekly basis. It's like exonerating GWB for all he done had he, for example, adopted an Iraqi orphan child. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »

The winds are bad out here. This weekend, a wildfire on Route 60 destroyed much of the hunting club that my Aunt and Uncle have a very small campsite in. It looked like an atom bomb went off. Heavily forested or swampy back roads and ATV trails are now piles of ash, with burnt, smoldering stubs sticking out here and there. There wasn't even much rubble. The fire burned so strong that even the skeletons of the various campers, trailers, RVs, and shacks didn't survive. It's just a beach of smoldering, sandy ash from what my Aunt said, aside from the burnt up car here or there.

The fire wiped about 40% of the place out, but it stopped about a mile from them. They literally just built it after years of saving up for it. The worst part is that my Uncle's mother and sister were going to come down from WV for their first vacation since the floods up there, and they flew down here this weekend only to find that their intended destination was in the path of the flames. Pretty devastating fire, though. Commissioner Putnam was out there to survey the damage.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:25 PM »

ugh the History department have cut back the modules they're offering next term (cause ya know, at this point humanities students just fund the science building) so I've got a very slim pick of modules if they don't give me my first options
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #383 on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »

(cause ya know, at this point humanities students just fund the science building)

This sorry state of affairs will never cease to depress me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: February 21, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 09:47:53 PM by Cathcon »

(cause ya know, at this point humanities students just fund the science building)

Corrected.

In any case, took my first graduate class exam today. Hmm.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2017, 09:31:51 PM »

Corrected.

Will never what? Huh
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »

Corrected.

Will never what? Huh

Gah, meant to make it say "will never cease". Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #387 on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »

Corrected.

Will never what? Huh

Gah, meant to make it say "will never cease". Tongue

Oh, I agree. At least not in our lifetimes. Sad
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2017, 01:29:11 AM »

Y'all may be in for a few drunkposts courtesy of yours truly. Though my grammer is actually not affected that badly by alcohol.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2017, 01:43:29 AM »

Y'all may be in for a few drunkposts courtesy of yours truly. Though my grammer is actually not affected that badly by alcohol.

Interesting. Cheesy
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2017, 02:11:20 AM »

The music seems faster. Must be an effect of alcohol.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2017, 07:46:49 AM »

Welp. It's time to get ready for school and the alcohol isn't out yet. I'm way more sober then I was, and I can probably make myself look sober in public, but it's still unpleasant. Doesn't help that I got so little sleep last night.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:06 AM »

Welp. It's time to get ready for school and the alcohol isn't out yet. I'm way more sober then I was, and I can probably make myself look sober in public, but it's still unpleasant. Doesn't help that I got so little sleep last night.

I once spent a whole day in HS still being booz'd. Good ole times.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #393 on: February 22, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »

I once spent a whole day in HS still being booz'd. Good ole times.
Just one day? Weak!
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2017, 09:53:26 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 09:55:11 AM by Confused Democrat »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #395 on: February 22, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #397 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:24 AM »

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.

You could go to more standard lines, like Super Cuts. They usually do a really good job wherever you go.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »

This has been a productive seiries of drunk posts. I look way more composed then I am(not saying much) and I didn't make someone I love freak out by saying something weird and/or creepy. Yay Cheesy I'm going to sleep now. RIP me tommorow morning.

Drinking? You're but a child! Sad!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »

I must have gone to about nine or ten haircutters until I found one who actually knew what she was doing, and it has been a fantastic relationship. I understand how tough it is, so you absolutely must find someone acceptable - shop around as often as you can if you must! Unfortunately, I had to get one in Philadelphia too because my good one is quite far away. I seem to have gotten a decently acceptable option here, but it seems to be more of an 'emergency-only' basis (and literally for the three times the cost, which is a bit absurd, but their other services are priced quite reasonably, which is why I selected it).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies