Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111319 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 22, 2017, 11:35:43 AM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.

You could go to more standard lines, like Super Cuts. They usually do a really good job wherever you go.

#RIP small towns. Cry
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.

You could go to more standard lines, like Super Cuts. They usually do a really good job wherever you go.

#RIP small towns. Cry

Well, I can't speak for any since they're strictly local by definition. But if anyone hears of a good local place, then that's definitely better.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2017, 03:41:36 PM »

I jury-rigged my warm leg-length woolen winter skirt and matching button-down vest into an outfit for warm weather 'cause I was feeling too hot in a class. I taped the skirt to my legs a decent amount above my knees and tied up my vest thingy to expose my midriff. Its more comfortable, esp when I put water on my midriff and legs(which is really nice in its cooling effects).
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #403 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:20 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 06:22:08 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Was driving home from work and heard this ad on the radio that went something like "THE PRESIDENT HAS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK" then the next thing you hear is "CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAH, CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW ABOUT DAH, CASH ME CASH ME CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAH"

Why is this girl famous?

referring to this girl Cash me outside howbow dah
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #404 on: February 22, 2017, 11:30:36 PM »

I went without a haircut for almost 6 months until December. Then again, I think I look better with long hair.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2017, 01:04:40 AM »

ugh the History department have cut back the modules they're offering next term (cause ya know, at this point humanities students just fund the science building) so I've got a very slim pick of modules if they don't give me my first options

Can we trade managers with you? The Science building at my former university is from the 30's and is leaking a lot and falling apart (there is fences around the outside walls to protect people from things falling).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2017, 01:13:36 AM »

Do you have a pair of scissors and a mirror? Just rinse your hair with water and get going.

Not so simple with hair like mine, it don't get wet on a beat and it can eat scissors pretty easily. And self-buzzing is generally not a good idea.

I usually cut it and let it go until I get bored.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2017, 02:42:42 AM »

Well, It's 2:30 in the morning and a pipe in the master bath just burst and water is EVERYWHERE. got most of it out, but we think it burst in the wall.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »

ugh the History department have cut back the modules they're offering next term (cause ya know, at this point humanities students just fund the science building) so I've got a very slim pick of modules if they don't give me my first options

Can we trade managers with you? The Science building at my former university is from the 30's and is leaking a lot and falling apart (there is fences around the outside walls to protect people from things falling).

Oh sure- if you're happy with the Chinese embassy paying for it Tongue There's some big scandal because the Chinese government are paying tons of money to basically earmark places for Chinese students in exchange for funding
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

I'm using the washing machine at werk due to problems at my house. Bleach is used almost every go 'round, so pray for my clothing.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

I'm using the washing machine at werk due to problems at my house. Bleach is used almost every go 'round, so pray for my clothing.

Incoming pink and cream wardrobe!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »

Looks like they survived... This time.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2017, 10:41:49 AM »

No, I have not spent 2 days using various apps to calculate the efficiency of a stupid plan I made for a metro system for the Providence area. Why would you ever think that?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2017, 11:21:57 PM »

Today I found out there is something I strongly and passionately agree with Milo Yiannopoulos on. I feel like there's something deeply wrong with either me or the universe.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »

I just received a recommendation letter. It is the nicest thing I have ever read about myself or been told about myself. It caused my eyes to water, though that may be partially due to recent over production of histamines on the part of my body.

I think I know the answer to this riddle.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2017, 11:26:42 PM »

It's been brought to my attention that I may have trouble maintaining eye contact during conversations. This is deeply frightening.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #416 on: February 24, 2017, 12:01:40 AM »

It's been brought to my attention that I may have trouble maintaining eye contact during conversations. This is deeply frightening.
Just get new contacts if yours keep falling out.

Oh wait. You meant eye contact, like touching your eye. That hurts most people - it's normal.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #417 on: February 24, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »

Looks like they survived... This time.

Good news Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:06 AM »

Whatever. Digimon still rules.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

Only got two hours sleep as I was working on an essay that was due today, and submitted it 50 minutes late as I didn't know there was a time limit for it. It doesn't count towards anything, I'm just annoyed that I've had to spend the last 24 hours in crisis mode to get it down,and know I feel ill Sad One of those days
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »

Nicked my face trying to trim my sideburns. I cut myself with scissors in the wrong place. Wink

Side-note: Band-aid won't stick.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »

My head hurts. No, I haven't drink.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:55 AM »

We found out today that my grandpa has Alzheimer's. The good news is that it appears to be progressing fairly slowly, and he's already in assisted living. So, we're hoping it won't change his day-to-day life too much, at least for a couple years.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2017, 02:39:39 AM »

We found out today that my grandpa has Alzheimer's. The good news is that it appears to be progressing fairly slowly, and he's already in assisted living. So, we're hoping it won't change his day-to-day life too much, at least for a couple years.

I'm sorry. I hope he is taking it well.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2017, 04:39:02 AM »

Why do we even get sick, is it just nature's way of making a person feel like complete sh*t?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies