Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:49:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111295 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: April 04, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »

I have been officially elected as the Station Manager for 91.7 FM WIXQ here in Millersville, Pennsylvania.

This is the greatest honor of my life.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #751 on: April 04, 2017, 05:59:42 PM »

Finished writing a second book (continuation of the one which will be published sometime this spring).

Nice. Can't wait!

And I've immediately started writing a continuation of continuation... I guess I just can't stop Tongue

I wish I had that problem.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #752 on: April 04, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »

Just waiting on a few items to be shipped to me so I can be prepared for Star Wars Celebration next week.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #753 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:27 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 06:56:00 PM by Barnes »

Hi everyone, I've been active and inactive more times than I can remember, but I'd thought I'd say hi to some of my old friends.

Since I was last on here, I've graduated from my university in December with a degree in History and Geography. Since I finished a semester early, I've got some time to kill before starting a MA History program in the fall where I'll be working as a Teaching Assistant. After that, the long-haul moves onto a PhD tract.

Hope to chat with you all soon. Smiley
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #754 on: April 05, 2017, 07:54:48 AM »

I have to go to work soon, and I just ripped my pants. It's only noticeable if I bend over. FML.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #755 on: April 05, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »

Making a project out of mangling The Leap Back, and I am getting as much crap past the radar as possible. Considered adding an IASIP reference, but it might be too much.
Added IASIP reference, muted for school version. On a sidenote, I'm "remastering" it (read: adding what I was supposed to), and I almost outed myself to my teacher by typing my name instead of my birthname. Potential disaster averted, I guess. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #756 on: April 05, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »

Finished writing a second book (continuation of the one which will be published sometime this spring).

Nice. Can't wait!

And I've immediately started writing a continuation of continuation... I guess I just can't stop Tongue

I wish I had that problem.

Well, I got stuck after 16 pages and decided to start over later, after re-reading previous parts.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #757 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »

Was taking a nap where I dreamed of meeting the sweetest girl with long brown hair and glasses and going on a date with her . . .  and then my phone woke me up with my dad asking me if I submitted my taxes yet (I did).  I feel like this is a metaphor for my life right now.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #758 on: April 05, 2017, 04:44:55 PM »

Was taking a nap where I dreamed of meeting the sweetest girl with long brown hair and glasses and going on a date with her . . . 
To dream the impossible dream... (Too soon?)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #759 on: April 05, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »

Was taking a nap where I dreamed of meeting the sweetest girl with long brown hair and glasses and going on a date with her . . . 
To dream the impossible dream... (Too soon?)

To reeeach the unreachaaaablleee  STTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #760 on: April 06, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

Well, I finally did something I've wanted to do for a while, and got a high quality microphone. Now, I can finally do some recording without worrying so much about the grainy quality of my computer mic!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #761 on: April 06, 2017, 10:48:40 PM »

After a very productive day (10 pages single-spaced typed in 3 different papers), I now really believe I can do this. That said, as of Monday I have 2 weeks until my first final. My last final is the day after.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #762 on: April 07, 2017, 09:07:04 AM »

My neighbour has given birth to a boy.

And I will buy a new e-bike tomorrow (3000$).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #763 on: April 07, 2017, 09:17:14 AM »

My neighbour has given birth to a boy.

Poor little thing.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #764 on: April 07, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »

I saw a guy at the grocery store that looked exactly like Steve Bannon.  He was hoarding Trix and looking creepy.  Scooted my way into another aisle.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #765 on: April 07, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

I would be more concerned about that child's safety if he were a girl.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #766 on: April 07, 2017, 11:13:44 PM »

I saw a guy at the grocery store that looked exactly like Steve Bannon.  He was hoarding Trix and looking creepy.  Scooted my way into another aisle.
My high school Christian Leadership/American Government teacher's husband looks kinda Steve Bannon. Cool dude, though. His wife and him asked me to speak at a city council meeting along with a few other students over something that involved the school.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #767 on: April 08, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »

I had a dream last night that krazen was a serial killer and Miles was one of his victims.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #768 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:49 AM »

Good thing today: I got my new e-bike.

Bad thing today: My sister was involved in a car accident, a truck hit the car on the side with my nieces inside. Thankfully it was a minor-ish crash and they are all fine. But the car is a "total-damage" insurance-wise.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #769 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »

I haven't shown up to work in 2 days...I've got like 10 voicemails
Makes sense given your posting history.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #770 on: April 08, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »

I'm back

But for tonight, to symbolize where the hell I went for the last two days, I'm changing my avvie.

Suffice to say 800+ miles with 6 hours+ of it bein' in Nevada is no fun at all! I'm just glad the temperature never reached temperatures that'd make Goldilocks or Tony blush.  Also, California gave both the warmest [home] and coolest temperatures [top of Donner Summit]
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #771 on: April 09, 2017, 02:10:03 AM »

Just got asked to be the best man at my friends wedding, he also asked me to roast him at their wedding dinner...This should be fun.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #772 on: April 09, 2017, 01:26:11 PM »

I'm back

But for tonight, to symbolize where the hell I went for the last two days, I'm changing my avvie.

Suffice to say 800+ miles with 6 hours+ of it bein' in Nevada is no fun at all! I'm just glad the temperature never reached temperatures that'd make Goldilocks or Tony blush.  Also, California gave both the warmest [home] and coolest temperatures [top of Donner Summit]

I-80 across NV is one of the dullest drives I've done. The scenery was interesting for about the first 30 minutes and then it kept being more of the same. I might as well have been driving an interstate across NE or KS for all the interest the road provided. When I headed east again, I went across US-50 which I found distinctly more tolerable, despite its label as the loneliest road in America.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #773 on: April 09, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

Getting stuck on a subway train because of a sick passenger is one of the most New York experiences possible. It also sucks.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #774 on: April 09, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »

Just got home from a MUN conference. I represented Antiochus (Athens) in a Crisis Committee reenactment of the Peloponnesian War.

We were able to squeak out a victory by stoking helot rebellions, launching a surprise attack at Pylos (which I helped devise) at which we established a helot army led by Pythagoras and decimated "invincible" Spartan troops by inflicting a 60% casualty rate on their forces even as they retook the city months later, and widespread guerrilla warfare at the Isthmus of Corinth on top of expanded border fortifications. It ended when, after gradually cutting down their massive land army, we stormed Sparta with helot and Macedonian reinforcements as they were launching a massive and costly offensive in Attica.

Lots of weird stuff happened -- we killed a Spartan king when he attempted to walk across the Isthmus of Corinth with a force of only 100 men, and ten triremes loaded with Greek Fire ran aground after we attempted to send them down an extremely shallow and narrow river in order to suicide-bomb Sparta.

Most interestingly, civil war broke out within Spartan troops occupying Athens because Lysander had secretly created a death cult centered around him to take power after we imploded. Despite the fact that he that he was killed at sea after we ambushed his fleet, the cultists were instructed to start massacring their fellow soldiers as soon as the long walls were breached, which gave us time to regroup at the Acropolis and defeat the decimated Spartans.

Most of the craziness was caused by the Spartan committee constantly trying to backstab each other as the Athenian committee united to protect their territories.

This is way, way too much detail, but whatever Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies