Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111305 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:32 AM »

I didn't miss anyone here one bit this weekend, and you didn't miss me back.

#winning
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1026 on: May 22, 2017, 03:57:51 PM »

#winning

You were gone? Didn't notice Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1027 on: May 22, 2017, 05:08:01 PM »

#winning

I did notice that the forum felt slightly less annoying than usual, but I wasn't sure why. Now it all makes sense.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2017, 01:08:15 AM »

So, I will likely have a Face-to-Face (FTF) with one of the main Union Organizers covering the West Coast and Northern California within this coming week.

Obviously, this type of effort is slow and gradual, but I'm pretty sure that a majority of our rank & file are receptive towards a message that can improve safety conditions & reduce occupational injuries caused by repetitive motions of all types, let the "Veteran" rank and file warehouse workers get a pay bump to oversee everything from safety, training, and quality control that can effectively act as "Shop Stewards" in the Plant....

Still working on it, but we didn't win the "Right" to the Weekend or "40 Hour Workweek" by simply standing around with a thumb up are arses....

Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

We are not considered individuals in this Plant, but rather numbers.... All of our net value is solely measure in terms of "Production", or Prod as we talk about it on the factory/warehouse shop floor.

Not blaming the Operation Managers, that are all basically 25-30 Years and relatively fresh out of college, for their attempts to improve their careers, by pushing the corporate doctrine that claims that Safety is First, Quality 2nd, and Production 3rd....

Reality for this organization Production is #1, and they don't particularly seem to care about workplace injuries (Unless it goes to OSHA).... They don't appear to care about Quality Control for the customers that order their online products through a major Fulfillment Center....

Question: "Can I do  an Observation on your production?"

Answer: "Of course, absolutely"

3 Minutes later:

Question: "So my observation has concluded that you use too much tape when you bag the customer's product. Do you know it costs us 25 Cents every time you put additional tape on the product?"

Answer: "Wow it costs *name of employer excluded* 25 Cents for a piece of tape? It must be some pretty expensive tape"

Response: "Well it's not the cost of the tape it's the total cost of labor and materials"... The Operations Manager seemed slightly flustered,

Note, this was right after she had given me a Demonstration/Training (Not!) in how to package female lingerie more efficiently (Ladies undergarments).

Now, I might consider myself to have a minor about of experience on the subject, but I was never trained in how to properly prepare female lingerie before it get's shipped out to the customers the order that product online....

My thought was Quality First.... let's say someone on the Forum wants to order a nice "Female"  item...

Would you like it to show up when you pick the package from your doorstep as an item that appears like it might have been previously used, or would you rather open your package. with the company branded packaging that we throw on so it doesn't get dusty in the Warehouse?

Well apparently, my "Quality" is great, but somehow putting an extra two strips of tape to seal the package are somehow costing the company 50 Cents per Unit of Production?

Sigh.... this is what happens when you have young Managers, with no idea of the actual various tasks involved in the "Production Process".

This Warehouse is a sweatshop.... we need to get a Union into the joint so we can actually improve quality, safety, AND production without these BS reports and ad hoc lessons in how to more efficiently wrap Female undergarments....
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1029 on: May 23, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2017, 04:18:22 PM by Let The Grumps Decide »

#winning

I did notice that the forum felt slightly less annoying than usual, but I wasn't sure why. Now it all makes sense.

You just don't like deplorables.  Someone needs a hug.  Smiley
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1030 on: May 23, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »

I almost froze myself solid swimming in Seal Cove outside of what I guess is the recommended season. This is what I get for thinking ME-02 is okay.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1031 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:05 PM »

I plan on using this better image in my signature. Opinions? Do you think I have a mental disorder?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1032 on: May 24, 2017, 09:15:05 AM »

^Ben Garrison is adding yarmulkes now?? That's a little more dogwhistling than I am willing to overlook Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1033 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »

So, I went out for a couple hours to read on a bench in a square nearby. Now I got sunburns on my neck and arms.

#CaliforniaProblems

You must burn easily.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1034 on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »

So, I went out for a couple hours to read on a bench in a square nearby. Now I got sunburns on my neck and arms.

#CaliforniaProblems

You must burn easily.

lolno
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1035 on: May 25, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »

Because we had a public holiday today, I spent 3 hours hiking the cold, moist woods in the morning (awesome !) and in the afternoon I went on a mountainbike tour into a local mountain valley together with my brother and nephew. When we were driving out of the valley, my 10-year old nephew hit a stone "the bad way" and crashed with about 20 mph. Thank goodness he fell "the right way" and only got some bruises to his knee (when I saw him crash, I actually thought his leg was broken or something and the bike a total damage). His bike turned out to be just slightly damaged, but we were able to drive back home after some first aid. These unpaved gravel valley roads are extremely nasty sometimes, especially if you apply the front break too much ...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1036 on: May 25, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »

#CaliforniaProblems

You must burn easily.

lolno

Maybe just compared to me. I'll go outside on the beaches of Florida for four or more hours with no sunscreen and not burn a bit.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1037 on: May 25, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »

I have the opportunity, should the job be posted, to work for my school at some laborer position full-time. While hardly glamorous, it would pay enough and allow me to go to graduate school for at least 50% off. I could also drop the job at any point for greener pastures.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1038 on: May 26, 2017, 08:35:16 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, working at a restaurant during Ramadan really tests you sometimes, this year it is now May 27th to potentially June 24th this year. Summer Ramadans suck.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1039 on: May 27, 2017, 02:57:19 AM »

Currently on a 50-mile mountainbike tour.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1040 on: May 27, 2017, 10:10:58 AM »

Currently on a 50-mile mountainbike tour.

Woah, that was a really nice tour. And my new e-mountainbike works just fine.

You start at 700m altitude and drive up to 2.200m (1.5 miles) and you still have 50% battery left.

I'd advice every one of you guys to buy an e-mountainbike ... it's awesome Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1041 on: May 27, 2017, 10:52:37 PM »

I have the opportunity, should the job be posted, to work for my school at some laborer position full-time. While hardly glamorous, it would pay enough and allow me to go to graduate school for at least 50% off. I could also drop the job at any point for greener pastures.

Congrats at the opportunity, and it sounds like it can help financially at a critical time in your academic career!

Absolutely nothing wrong working a physical job, so long as the bosses/management are reasonable in their expectations, you can paid decently for the work you are performing, and if they actually take safety seriously.

I've done the full-time College gig and Part time (20 Hr/Week) work gigs several times earlier in my life, so keep your eyes on the prize, and if needed try to flex down your hours when you start facing major stress tests in your academic career, since jobs can come and go as various sources of income, but your pursuit of a Grad School Degree is something where there is a finite period of time to accomplish....

Speaking from my personal experience only Smiley

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1042 on: May 27, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, working at a restaurant during Ramadan really tests you sometimes, this year it is now May 27th to potentially June 24th this year. Summer Ramadans suck.

Ouch (Working in the restaurant bit).... being in Florida probably makes it harder than in Northern States because this time of year, daylight lasts way too long down there. I was only living in Texas, but I'm sure South Florida is even worse, since it is closer to the equator.

Why "Potentially" June 24th this year?

I mean don't the calendar conversion programs allow you to know exactly when it ends where you are living based upon the time of sunset, even you are not associated with a local community center?

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1043 on: May 27, 2017, 11:18:29 PM »

Ouch (Working in the restaurant bit).... being in Florida probably makes it harder than in Northern States because this time of year, daylight lasts way too long down there. I was only living in Texas, but I'm sure South Florida is even worse, since it is closer to the equator.

Why "Potentially" June 24th this year?

I mean don't the calendar conversion programs allow you to know exactly when it ends where you are living based upon the time of sunset, even you are not associated with a local community center?

High of 94 in Palm Beach County today. Awful. I'm ready to go back to Tally as soon as possible, but I have exactly a month to go before Summer C starts. Ugh.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1044 on: May 28, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1045 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?

Just be friends and don't bring up the subject.  It's not like she is playing a significant role in the procedures performed there, anyways, likely just administrative duties. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1046 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:00 PM »

If you want to be pure, rid yourself of the filth and remove the presence of the evildoer immediately. You can find better.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1047 on: May 28, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »

There is no reason 'rivals' can't get along. Like fayette said, just don't bring up the subject. That cannot be emphasized enough.

This is one of those times where you don't want to live up to your name, ExtremeRepublican.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1048 on: May 28, 2017, 09:00:40 PM »

KNOCK HER UP!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1049 on: May 28, 2017, 09:04:32 PM »

I don't have advice, but this would make a fantastic sitcom.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies