Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:27:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111298 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: July 22, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »

My publisher has some general delays, and thus my book, which was originally to be released at this time, will be published later, although it appears to be a matter of days, not months.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1501 on: July 23, 2017, 01:44:33 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2017, 02:17:20 AM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

My demons had been coming back lately. And I planned on doing something stupid on sunday.

Tonight, I changed my mind. I have been hanging out w/ old friends the last few days. and while I don't feel the old connections I had w/ them, I feel like being around them saved my life. I am especially glad I still keep my connection with my fraternity brothers.  

I don't how people can be (seemingly) happy all the time, but being around those people makes me happy, or at least less sad.

I hope this new feeling doesn't end but I'm leaving the D.C. area soon, sadly.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1502 on: July 23, 2017, 01:20:53 PM »

Just something kinda funny: I think I've been on this site too much. My mother asked me if I remembered someone and I thought to myself "nice guy, FF."  It was a natural reaction...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1503 on: July 25, 2017, 01:54:15 AM »

Carolina, my oldest guinea pig, passed away this evening.  We don't know what happened to her exactly... but we think she went peacefully because it was her time.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1504 on: July 25, 2017, 04:46:25 AM »

I'm very sorry, Scott. Especially as a fellow guinea pig lover.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1505 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »

I'm sorry Scott.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1506 on: July 25, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »

Today was the first day of the Florida Bar Exam. It kicked my (and everyone else's) ass. They tested one topic on the essays that had only come up twice in the last 18 years and one that had never been an essay topic. It was very unusual and very difficult. The upsides are tomorrow will necessarily be easier and my hotel has a complimentary bar at happy hour.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1507 on: July 25, 2017, 10:51:58 PM »

i'm sorry to hear scott
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1508 on: July 25, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »

I came out to my sister tonight Cheesy She took it pretty well.

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1509 on: July 26, 2017, 01:27:55 AM »

Congrats!!!! Cheesy
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1510 on: July 26, 2017, 01:30:07 AM »

thanks Smiley
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1511 on: July 26, 2017, 06:48:14 AM »

Awesome, Sunrise!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1512 on: July 26, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »

anvi, that's exciting about the new position!  Spreek je Nederlands?
Uhm, what. Spreek jij ook Nederlands?

okay so obviously neither I nor Google speak the language.
It was actually correct, which is exactly what prompted my question.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1513 on: July 26, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »

Smiley
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1514 on: July 26, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »

I started slipping into depression the last couple weeks and started having suicidal thoughts, that is when I realized I needed to get some help and am starting to see a therapist. Lately I have been feeling like I am a burden on everyone in my life and that sometimes it'd be better if I just disappeared. Home life has been bad lately and my work life was getting good, but now it's regressing to becoming much worse than before.

I can barely sustain myself the last month or two, I am no longer able to really afford the things I need since my hours got slashed cause LOL REASONS, I have become desperate and started to beg people I know for money which furthers my idea that I am becoming a burden. I literally have been breaking down and just losing my s*** and just start sobbing. Got recommendations for some anti-depression pills and I will NOT take them because I have heard horrible things about them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1515 on: July 26, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »

I started slipping into depression the last couple weeks and started having suicidal thoughts, that is when I realized I needed to get some help and am starting to see a therapist. Lately I have been feeling like I am a burden on everyone in my life and that sometimes it'd be better if I just disappeared. Home life has been bad lately and my work life was getting good, but now it's regressing to becoming much worse than before.

I can barely sustain myself the last month or two, I am no longer able to really afford the things I need since my hours got slashed cause LOL REASONS, I have become desperate and started to beg people I know for money which furthers my idea that I am becoming a burden. I literally have been breaking down and just losing my s*** and just start sobbing. Got recommendations for some anti-depression pills and I will NOT take them because I have heard horrible things about them.
Which anti-depressant? Abilify has worked wonders for me,
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1516 on: July 26, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »

Zoloft.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1517 on: July 26, 2017, 11:59:31 PM »

Zoloft.

I was on that for a while. Look how I turned out. Tongue

The main thing with these kinds of medications is that you try them and pay close attention to how you respond, any changes in how you feel.  They work differently for everyone.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1518 on: July 27, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »

Well the bar exam is complete, so I have a few weeks to catch up on everything else that's happened in the last month. I doubt much has happened...right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1519 on: July 27, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »

Well the bar exam is complete, so I have a few weeks to catch up on everything else that's happened in the last month. I doubt much has happened...right?
Congrats man!
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1520 on: July 27, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »

I think I've connected with my true self yesterday/the day before(all-nighter to help sleep at the right time) in a new way. I feel different.

This post really doesn't make it seem like the big thing it is for me.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1521 on: July 27, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

I think I've connected with my true self yesterday/the day before(all-nighter to help sleep at the right time) in a new way. I feel different.

This post really doesn't make it seem like the big thing it is for me.

Still struggling with the mask I've been making all my life, but its gotten so much better.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1522 on: July 27, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »

So, just got offered another job today, after having previously accepted another job offer last week...

Now I need to choose which of the manufacturing jobs I want to go with...

One pays significantly better, is closer, but has longer and odd shifts and is harder factory work---- the other pays less, is a 20 minute commute, and is a bit more of an assembly job, with greater potential for internal promotion down the line.

Which job do I go with Huh
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1523 on: July 27, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »

How significant is the pay difference without being specific?
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1524 on: July 27, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »

So, just got offered another job today, after having previously accepted another job offer last week...

Now I need to choose which of the manufacturing jobs I want to go with...

One pays significantly better, is closer, but has longer and odd shifts and is harder factory work---- the other pays less, is a 20 minute commute, and is a bit more of an assembly job, with greater potential for internal promotion down the line.

Which job do I go with Huh

You might evaluate it based on future outcomes. For example, what would your likely position and salary look like in 2 years? 5 years? Is the lower paying job today likely to overtake the other one on the time scale of a couple of years? Is either job likely to leave you out of it in a few years due to company performance or your satisfaction level?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies