Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 110525 times)
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: September 16, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »

transportation to the shrink you mean?
Among other things (mainly (hopefully) a job so I can afford it myself), yes.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1776 on: September 16, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »

Did you ever tell/hint your parents anything about being trans?
Accidentally came out to my mom last November, officially came out to my folks in March, and I borderline flaunt it at this point. They apparently just want me to actually talk to them about things, which again, I chicken out of. I was supposed to see a shrink about the fact and other things, but evidently, that hasn't materialized into much. Maybe I should go to driver's ed and take matters into my own hands. I mean, I'm 16, so what do I have to lose?

Yeah, it's totally understandable. Was their reaction alright, all things considered?
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1777 on: September 16, 2017, 06:12:52 PM »

Yeah, it's totally understandable. Was their reaction alright, all things considered?
They've warmed up to the idea. Was decidedly mixed in November and March, but leaned positive in July (which is where I left off).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1778 on: September 16, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »

They've warmed up to the idea. Was decidedly mixed in November and March, but leaned positive in July (which is where I left off).

This is very good news, you're lucky to have parents who are open to the idea Smiley
My mother once took me aside and had a very strict, worried talk about the fact that I had a customized gender on Facebook. The customization was just some in-joke meme that I did with my friends and forgot to change back, but even seemed to cause her a lot of worry. It was really depressing to see her reacting that way, so I'm happy your parents are warming up to it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1779 on: September 16, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »

I have deleted all of the information on my phone. I am currently in the process of downloading it again, so I can delete it again, and then download it a second time.

So, how are your Saturday nights going?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1780 on: September 17, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »

I bought my plane ticket to Green Bay (2-hour layover at O'Hare) for after Thanksgiving to visit with my girlfriend in Door County. Her mom has a friend who can get us discounted Packers' tickets, and they'll be playing at home when I'm there, so I want to take her to see her favorite team as well. I'm very excited for the trip!
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1781 on: September 17, 2017, 10:24:17 PM »

Florida Bar Exam results tomorrow. The stress for the results has honestly been as bad as the pre-test stress was; I haven't slept well in days. If I don't pass I MAY be fired? It's not quite clear and I don't think my office is even quite sure...
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1782 on: September 18, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

PASSED the Bar Exam the ugly way, by an average of all the parts, but still...a pass. I won't be fired, I'll get to put a pretentious esq. after my name, and I'll be able to sleep again. Its been a good morning.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1783 on: September 18, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »

PASSED the Bar Exam the ugly way, by an average of all the parts, but still...a pass. I won't be fired, I'll get to put a pretentious esq. after my name, and I'll be able to sleep again. Its been a good morning.

MAZEL TOV!!! Amazing accomplishment!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1784 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »

In other news, I'm proud of myself for embracing the chaos of my life. It's better than worrying or panicking about everything.

Hopefully I'll get things back on track soon.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1785 on: September 18, 2017, 03:17:50 PM »

Well a gas leak happened at my school today, nobody was hurt thankfully, but I didn't get to my APUSH class period Sad.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1786 on: September 18, 2017, 04:16:49 PM »

I was officially accepted to the special army program called Atuda today. Basically, I get to study for a BA, the degree mostly funded by the army (but I'll still have to pay for the dormitories and living), and then serve for 6 years, but as an officer working in something related to whatever I studied. Specifically, I'm going to study International Relations and Economy in Jerusalem, but my job in the army will be in the Budgeting Division because they need those more. It kind of sucks because I wanted something related to international relations, which is much rarer but much more interesting to me- analyzing threats, information etc. Oh, well, it's still 6 years of experience helping to manage the defence budget and I'll be able to do a Master's Degree while in the army.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1787 on: September 18, 2017, 04:27:51 PM »

I was officially accepted to the special army program called Atuda today. Basically, I get to study for a BA, the degree mostly funded by the army (but I'll still have to pay for the dormitories and living), and then serve for 6 years, but as an officer working in something related to whatever I studied. Specifically, I'm going to study International Relations and Economy in Jerusalem, but my job in the army will be in the Budgeting Division because they need those more. It kind of sucks because I wanted something related to international relations, which is much rarer but much more interesting to me- analyzing threats, information etc. Oh, well, it's still 6 years of experience helping to manage the defence budget and I'll be able to do a Master's Degree while in the army.
Thats amazing. mazel tov.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1788 on: September 18, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

Thats amazing. mazel tov.

Toda! Smiley
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1789 on: September 18, 2017, 06:16:10 PM »

About to move again for the third time this year at the end of the week. I hope this will work out.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1790 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »

About to move again for the third time this year at the end of the week. I hope this will work out.

I feel ya. I'm moving again soon as well. Hope you have an easy move.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1791 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:11 PM »

I feel ya. I'm moving again soon as well. Hope you have an easy move.

Darn, you guys are doing a lot of moving. What's the reason? And Sunrise, are you staying in Virginia or moving out of state?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1792 on: September 18, 2017, 10:14:51 PM »

The girl at the Publix Liquor store seems to like me, so I literally smoked my last five cigarettes in a row as a means to have an excuse to walk down there faster Tongue
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1793 on: September 18, 2017, 10:59:10 PM »

The girl at the Publix Liquor store seems to like me, so I literally smoked my last five cigarettes in a row as a means to have an excuse to walk down there faster Tongue

Haha Smiley

Best of luck to you!
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1794 on: September 18, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »

Better hope she likes her men to reek of cigarettes and fascism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1795 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:14 PM »

Don't worry, I fabreezed the hell out of myself.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1796 on: September 18, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »

Don't worry, I fabreezed the hell out of myself.

This might be the most white trash thing ever posted on Atlas.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1797 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »

Yeah using Fabreeze in lieu of deodorant/cologne/perfume/whatever is about the whitest thing a person can do Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1798 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:55 PM »

I've pretty much quit caffeine.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61