Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:15:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111575 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 15, 2017, 01:14:47 PM »

42? That many times...and from only 1 or 2 the year prior....last year really did suck.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »

UC Berkeley
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 12:16:25 AM »

After writing 85 pages I got stuck and decided to review what I wrote so far.

Lucky, I'm struggling to even get a paragraph done. Even a half sentence seems to take an hour to get through.

But that's what happens when one writes mostly by the seat of the pants, I s'pose. Normally wouldn't do this, but I'm trying to resurrect an old screenplay I wrote and get into both script form and novel form.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »

Don't worry guys, thanks to being on one of my off days, I did NOT get caught in the Anti-Milo crossfire.

Can still hear the helicopters outside....
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »

Don't worry guys, thanks to being on one of my off days, I did NOT get caught in the Anti-Milo crossfire.

Can still hear the helicopters outside....
STILL?

No, that part dissipated at around 11 PM, Pac-Time.

I guess tonight, I'll get to see what the damage is while I scout around for a parking spot.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »

Ironically, I skipped church today.

Kinda ended up oversleeping straight through it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »

Proud to say that I have never used drugs in my life and never will to the day I die.  The same is true for alcohol.

Are you a virgin too?

This isn't a bad thing.

Now, as for me, thanks to a decent turn of events, I'm getting ready to get rid of my old car...thanks goodness, I'm tired of replacing belts and shocks and all that other crap.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 01:13:36 AM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

Do you have a pair of scissors and a mirror? Just rinse your hair with water and get going.

Not so simple with hair like mine, it don't get wet on a beat and it can eat scissors pretty easily. And self-buzzing is generally not a good idea.

I usually cut it and let it go until I get bored.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 05:15:47 PM »

Longstanding crush told me I'm not what he's looking for in a relationship because we're both too neurotic for each other Sad.

I'm sorry. Really sucks when that happens.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »

Just got back from a day out on the bay.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »

Restarting Graduate School applications after a year and a half is a nightmare.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »

Restarting Graduate School applications after a year and a half is a nightmare.

I hear you. Did you take the GRE already?

Not all programs require it, so no. PRAXIS and MAT take precedence anyway.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »

I just f&*ked myself out of a job!

I did everything right, except I assumed today was the 9th and prepared accordingly for that...it's the 10th! 

Dammit!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 07:54:27 PM »

Funny someone mentions a new car, I also ended up with a new car, after I just bought one 6 months or so ago.

Amazing what moving, bad luck, and miscommunication can do in just a little over a year.

Here's hoping this one stays around for a while, but since it's a virtually unused Corolla with less than 50K, I reckon it should.

And I find myself yet again, selling off a Hyundai that still has at least 40K left just because of circumstances.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »

I'm back

But for tonight, to symbolize where the hell I went for the last two days, I'm changing my avvie.

Suffice to say 800+ miles with 6 hours+ of it bein' in Nevada is no fun at all! I'm just glad the temperature never reached temperatures that'd make Goldilocks or Tony blush.  Also, California gave both the warmest [home] and coolest temperatures [top of Donner Summit]
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 07:50:23 PM »

I'm back

But for tonight, to symbolize where the hell I went for the last two days, I'm changing my avvie.

Suffice to say 800+ miles with 6 hours+ of it bein' in Nevada is no fun at all! I'm just glad the temperature never reached temperatures that'd make Goldilocks or Tony blush.  Also, California gave both the warmest [home] and coolest temperatures [top of Donner Summit]

I-80 across NV is one of the dullest drives I've done. The scenery was interesting for about the first 30 minutes and then it kept being more of the same. I might as well have been driving an interstate across NE or KS for all the interest the road provided. When I headed east again, I went across US-50 which I found distinctly more tolerable, despite its label as the loneliest road in America.

To be fair, this time around, there was a lot of fresh snow on the mountains and contrasting weather between rain, sleet, and sun. The way up was just cloudiness and last year was blazing sun.

Still dull, but could've been worse.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »

I just found out that I have to pass a YUGE Subject Test to get in to the Grad School of my choice...fml...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 11:53:14 PM »

I just found out that I have to pass a YUGE Subject Test to get in to the Grad School of my choice...fml...

Usually how it goes, unfortunately. Depending on the test as well, they might charge you a fortune.

I anticipated that with most of my places, and I admit I thought it a little too good to be true, and I admit, not starting off on Education [since my Undergrad didn't have it officially, and the track didn't cover the area I wanted it to] should've made this obvious.

But it wasn't really outright listed as a requirement either.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »

Oh, by the way, I'm a published author.

Congrats!

Oooh, is it the Great Escape? I just love that one!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »

Hate to use these two words in this way, but since I just sent a letter to the IRS because of all this healthcare BS holding up my refund...

Thanks Obama.

P.S. Still very pessimistic about getting the damn thing.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm now the proud father of a baby girl.

awww

Congrats DC Al. That's wonderful!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 09:29:04 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?

Has she figured out where you stand yet?

If she has, and nothing's happened,  just continue to agree to disagree.

If she hasn't, just don't bring it up yourself, and if she somehow brings it up, just agree to disagree.

But hey, if she's good lookin' and she thinks you're good lookin'...well, perhaps opposition won't be such an issue then anyway.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 10:59:52 PM »

It's hard for me to imagine this situation from ER's perspective. If you actually believe abortion is straight up murdering babies, how do you interact with pro-choice pro-murder people? Let alone live with one? I would be so depressed with life.

You'd be surprised what can be lived through.

I once lived with two 30+ guys: One was like Santander, except shamelessly unafraid to call gay people that f word...and he wanted to be a hairstylist.

The other was a drug addict who had been living in a tent until he got a job at the local Kroger.

Both were of the 2015!RFayette-esque "You're damned to hell" strain. Not exactly Mormon friendly stuff.

Things turned out fine.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 02:34:36 PM »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know who I am anymore.

I know who I am and knowing it's even worse.

Well at least y'all have consistency on that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies