Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:06:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111534 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »

I just came back inside from burying my dad's sick cat who died today. The very day after my dad's funeral. This has been quite the weekend. But, to quote Robert Frost, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

My condolences go to you and your family.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:33:32 PM »

Lmao. That's actually kind of funny in a corny way
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »

So I was just involved in something of an altercation with a Trump supporter at the women's March in Seattle. He was shouting abuse into the crowd, so I grabbed his sign trying act "all in good fun" (admittedly not the least childish thing I could have done) at which point he tackled me and slammed me into the ground. Some of the other protesters pulled him off me and made sure we we're both alright. Just goes to show that it's us white dudes who continue to be the problem and the women were the sane ones throughout the situation.
I like you, but you had that coming. That's just the truth. He had no right to literally do harm unto you but that's about par for the course. Violence begets violence.

I agree. It was definitely a dick move on my part. I was just very surprised in the moment how quickly it devolved. If he had just yelled "That's my political speech and you're censoring it." I would have felt awful. I didn't post to brag, but to caution Trump supporters and opponents to be more careful than I was.

Glad you are ok Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »

I'm happy drunk rn. why cant i be happy sober? #PhilosoSunriseThoughts
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 12:38:48 AM »

My drunk atlas posts are usually my most thought provoking and intelligent.  Go me.

When I drink whiskey I tend to be thoughtful. Vodka, though, makes me dumb and happy like rn Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:33:38 AM »

Happy to report that I have no hangover and only very slight discomfort this morning.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »

Exams are nearly done Cheesy

Also, I apparently have a positive social score now. It should be 0.00, but I tweaked one thing to get a conclusive result.

Other things happening in my boring-ass life:

-My Spotify playlist hit 1,000 songs
-I haven't been super depressed in months

Yeah.

That's great to hear! Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »

Almost underwent an immense personal crisis when a coworker (apparently wrongly) told me that the deadline for applying to graduate had passed.

Glad your coworker was wrong!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 10:18:56 PM »

"Human": [shares something on Facebook about #NotMyMarch] "This is so important."
"Me": [in my head] Nothing's important.

How do the rest of you deal with the absurdity of your fellow "man"?

I honestly don't know. It's a day by day thing for me. Some days are better then others. My facebook friends list has pretty much every type of political ideologue on it (all of whom, of course, are neeeeever wrong Roll Eyes ), so I deleted my social media apps off my phone to stay sane.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 12:45:53 AM »

Gosh, I need a boyfriend or girlfriend. I argue too much on facebook lol
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 10:54:13 AM »

The last pledge class I'll see as an active brother was pinned today. Sentimental time. God help us all.

Was sentimental for me as well. Crazy how fast time flew by when I was a brother.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »

Condolences, LLR Sad

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 12:40:55 AM »

I think too much. I need to get my life together...tired of being idle.

My biggest regret is riding into 2016 so high on life. Hit me like a brick wall later in the year.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

A creepy, balded old guy was leering at me on the bus home today. 

Part of the reason I got so scared about him is that I ended up in an encounter with him before(about march or april of last year). He talking to me and he asked me whether I went to a particular school(probably other things as well, I think he mentioned "grandkids" at some point), I realized he probably had very unpleasant intentions, but of course it was after I answered the question. In hindsight, it was an attempt at grooming. A second time in that schoolyear, I saw him and I think I tried to hide in an upper part of the bus(My specific memory of these two events are hazy)

Back to today. He was staring at me. He would look around at things sometimes, but not in a "badly pretending you weren't leering" way. As I was getting visibly uncomfortable, and then visibly afraid, he just kept on, and when I moved up to the back of the bus(which had stairs up to them and were higher, among other things. And it was the very back.) he kept on looking. I moved to a different seat behind some random bigger guy to try to avoid him. The bastard still tried to crane his neck up at least once. Its important to recognize that everything about this guy said DANGER. I find it hard to explain with words exactly why he was so scary, but I don't want to know what he thinks about me. But I suspect that he got off to my fear, my look of terror. I'd say he wanted to rape me, but I think he wants even worse.

I'm still a bit shaken from it, but I'm calmer now.

Holy sh*t that sounds horrifying. Sad Is there anyway to report these incidents? Do you know the driver of the bus? maybe he has a camera on the bus so you can spot him on there.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »

For the first time in my history on Atlas I now have a negative economic score on the Political Matrix. Started off as E 8.52 almost exactly two years ago.

At the same time, my social score is higher than ever.

boooo. boooooooo Tongue

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »

Sorry to hear Blair Sad
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 03:01:53 AM »

I went to bed early but was woke up four hrs later by two friends who had something important to ask me about. Now I can't sleep Angry

I went to bed early because I've been stressing out over a potential job I applied for. It seems like a good job, on paper, but the reviews are mixed and there is high turnover. It's a sales job with a very edgy millennial vibe (I keep thinking that it reminds me of a Silicon Valley meets Buzzfeed type job lol).

I want a place where I can start a career, hopefully a long-term one or one that will help me climb the ladder at other places.

I applied for it but was never really sure if I wanted it. I need a job, but I don't need to be in a situation where I'd possibly be out of a job within a few months.

My in-person interview went well - I feel like I performed well and got the positive points of my resume across but I did not hear anything that reassured any of my concerns. In hindsight, I feel like I was just very happy with my performance during the interview and did not focus on anything else.

I am expecting a response on whether I'm getting an offer on Monday or Tuesday. If I get an offer I think I'll ask some more questions about the turnover rate (I know should've asked during the interview). Do you guys think I should ask these type of questions if I get an offer?

I think I'll likely take the job even if I don't want to because I've become so self-conscious about being unemployed (~4 months looking for a job; 5 months unemployed). It's the most serious interview I've had since December.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »

I am expecting a response on whether I'm getting an offer on Monday or Tuesday. If I get an offer I think I'll ask some more questions about the turnover rate (I know should've asked during the interview). Do you guys think I should ask these type of questions if I get an offer?

I think I'll likely take the job even if I don't want to because I've become so self-conscious about being unemployed (~4 months looking for a job; 5 months unemployed). It's the most serious interview I've had since December.

You really should have asked in the interview, but it can't hurt to throw out a quick question if (and only if) they give you an offer. Even if you're taking the job regardless, it might help give you a better idea of what you're getting into.

lmao, nevermind, they decided to hire someone else. That's what I get for being stupid and overconfident. Sad Thanks for the advice, though, I def. agree.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:29 PM »

Regretting all of my life decisions, as usual. Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »

Proud to say that I have never used drugs in my life and never will to the day I die.  The same is true for alcohol.

Good on you, not an easy thing to do in today's society.

I like my booze too much to stop haha!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »

been kind of inactive past few weeks.

i have pneumonia, so missing work today. i hate missing work for sicknesses, but pneumonia won this time.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »

rough day at work. was my first day teaching at the nonprofit i work at (was in training for a few weeks) and it started off horribly but i was able to rebound towards the end.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 12:06:22 AM »

very frustrated right now. work has been a struggle this week
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »

honestly, f**k people. tired of being a half-decent person.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »

congrats!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies