Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111535 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 26, 2017, 05:03:03 PM »

I imagine if people knew just how many of their close acquaintances were trans, they might not be so keen to call them all molesters.
Eh, most of my close acquaintances IRL know I'm trans. It's the outside world that I'm afraid of. Tongue
EDIT: The Chelsea Manning thread Torie just closed, or, why I'm afraid to come out, reason #24602
I knew something was wrong when I was the first person to call them out.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:23:50 AM »

My second semester started this week, and one of my new classes is AP Human Geography. The teacher is some ditzy cheerleading coach.

Today, she was showing us a PowerPoint of different "regions" in the United States and which areas they cover, like the Bible Belt in the South and the Corn Belt in the Midwest.

When we got to the Rust Belt, she asked the class if anyone knew how the region got its name. I raised my hand and said "manufacturing and industrial decline," which is the obvious correct answer. She said, "no, it's because it's cold in the north and when snow melts on your car it turns the metal into rust."

Unbelievable.

My history teacher mentioned and gave a few bullet points about the Ottoman decline. Normally I hold it in, but I raised my hand about one of his bullet points. "By 'lack of protection,' do you mean their general lack of allies due to religious differences alongside comparative lack of then-modern military technology?"

"No, I meant their, uh, the weak army and rulers."
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:06:05 AM »

I went to a church service for the first time today.

What Church is it? What's your prior background?

I, too, am curious. The discussion of faith is always interesting to me.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 06:51:19 PM »

I'm extremely irreligious, so I just find faith bizarre.

I just find you bizarre.

- Kingpoleon
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:54:15 PM »

Found out that my cat died this morning, which really hit me as I'm wasn't back home to see him. He'd been ill for the last couple of days but I thought it was just an infection.  We've had him for 15 years, and he was my first pet- completely ruined my weekend

... I'm a terrible person. Blair don't read this tiny text, it will hurt.

My first thought after reading this was: "What a cat-astrophe!"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »

I just received a recommendation letter. It is the nicest thing I have ever read about myself or been told about myself. It caused my eyes to water, though that may be partially due to recent over production of histamines on the part of my body.

I think I know the answer to this riddle.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:01:40 AM »

It's been brought to my attention that I may have trouble maintaining eye contact during conversations. This is deeply frightening.
Just get new contacts if yours keep falling out.

Oh wait. You meant eye contact, like touching your eye. That hurts most people - it's normal.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 05:27:03 PM »

I discovered moss breaks down rock. Moss completely covered a rock, and I thought it was just moss. I couldn't scrape it up. When I finally uncovered it, there was a upper rock turning to dirt. It seems moss is able to do this fast. I wonder if there is a chemical or something it excretes to dissolve solid materials like rock that we could use in real life.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »

So, I feel pretty down today. I had to explain that Puerto Ricans are American citizens and not immigrants in three separate occasions. Usually, I'm fine with it, but it got to me today.
Amerignorance about global/remotely international matters is common on the mainland.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »

First motorbike drive this year Smiley Of course I had to first put it together, which was annoying, but I feel great Smiley

was it an IKEA?(I Kill, Eventually, All)

No, he's still alive.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

First motorbike drive this year Smiley Of course I had to first put it together, which was annoying, but I feel great Smiley

was it an IKEA?

Lol. Had to put this together after repairing.

And, in a surprising turn of events, he sidesteps the question!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »

The chair of the CJ department just told me that he thought I was a far-leftist. What have I done!?
Believe in facts? Grin
That is literally the exact opposite of Cathcon's ideology.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »

The chair of the CJ department just told me that he thought I was a far-leftist. What have I done!?
Believe in facts? Grin
That is literally the exact opposite of Cathcon's ideology.

Please, explain my worldview to me.
Careful apathy cultivate with denial of factual evidence based on some apathetic sincerity.

This is the second day in a row I've gone to a convenience store with my friend because two girls have a newfound obsession with him.
Don't worry, I still have imaginary friends too. Most of us on Atlas do.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »

Is that supposed to be an insult? A joke? I can't tell, and it wasn't a good one of either.
The latter. I appreciate your concerns for my humor.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2017, 08:48:38 AM »

My left ear has become numb. I only hear about 50% of the right ear.

Probably check the doctor tomorrow if it doesn't go away. I think I had this once but it went away overnight. I guess there's an enormous amount of earwax in it that's clogging it, which I cannot get rid of because it's too deep in the ear.
Don't use Q-tips. Try running hot water down your ears in the shower.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »

Every time this has happened to me and I've bothered to rewrite the original post from memory, my re-draft has been much better than the original as I remember it.

The exact opposite is true for me.

Then it must happen a lot, considering the quality of your posts.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 02:10:23 PM »

I have a hole in my right eardrum.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »

I can't really hear anything in that ear. I had a ton of ear wax removed Monday, relieving some pressure. At some time, it ruptured. I was taking ear drops that may have been irritants because it hadn't ruptured when I went to the walk-in clinic. Now I have been given proper ear drops and an antibiotic to fight an infection. My right jaw hurts when I open it, I hear weird noises in my right ear, my left ear's hearing is enhanced, and the inflamed skin in my right middle ear is sensitive to heat.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 10:53:37 PM »

Just got home from a MUN conference. I represented Antiochus (Athens) in a Crisis Committee reenactment of the Peloponnesian War.

We were able to squeak out a victory by stoking helot rebellions, launching a surprise attack at Pylos (which I helped devise) at which we established a helot army led by Pythagoras and decimated "invincible" Spartan troops by inflicting a 60% casualty rate on their forces even as they retook the city months later, and widespread guerrilla warfare at the Isthmus of Corinth on top of expanded border fortifications. It ended when, after gradually cutting down their massive land army, we stormed Sparta with helot and Macedonian reinforcements as they were launching a massive and costly offensive in Attica.

Lots of weird stuff happened -- we killed a Spartan king when he attempted to walk across the Isthmus of Corinth with a force of only 100 men, and ten triremes loaded with Greek Fire ran aground after we attempted to send them down an extremely shallow and narrow river in order to suicide-bomb Sparta.

Most interestingly, civil war broke out within Spartan troops occupying Athens because Lysander had secretly created a death cult centered around him to take power after we imploded. Despite the fact that he that he was killed at sea after we ambushed his fleet, the cultists were instructed to start massacring their fellow soldiers as soon as the long walls were breached, which gave us time to regroup at the Acropolis and defeat the decimated Spartans.

Most of the craziness was caused by the Spartan committee constantly trying to backstab each other as the Athenian committee united to protect their territories.

This is way, way too much detail, but whatever Tongue

Oh my goodness!

How do you get into this stuff, and what does MUN stand for?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »

My 21st  is on Friday but the liquor store across the street is shut down for a week.

Tomorrow? (I guess we were born less than a week apart)
Saturday, actually.

Wow! Two terrible trolls born in a short time period - that reminds me of Adolf Hitler, António de Oliveira Salazar, Charlie Chaplin, Fritz Pfeffer, and Otto Frank being born within a month of each other.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »

I had an interesting conversation right after school earlier this week. It went something like this:

White Guy: "You look like a school shooter."
Me: "Is it because I'm dark-skinned?"
WG: "Actually, you know most school shooters are white guys."
Me: "Are you threatening me?"

I told this story to my cousin, and it went something like this:

White Cousin: "This is why you shouldn't talk to people. Whenever they are friendly to you, you always respond weirdly."
Me: "He was trying to be friendly? You crackers are really bad at being friendly.
*My cousins laugh*
Me: "Seriously, who tries to make friends by telling someone they look like a school shooter? Secondly, who wants to be friends with someone they think looks like a school shooter?"

I figured you guys would appreciate racially tinged, funny conversation because I know none of you are easily triggered.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »

I have deleted all of my social media apps. There's a giant, Twitter-shaped hole in my life, and I can't even tweet about it.

A secondary purge may be required. I recommend embargoing Atlas Forum from your life from between twenty-four and ninety-six hours, or one to four days. Using this time, I challenge you to develop one new friend and engage in minute conversations with at least one stranger every half hour of free time dedicated to it.

Note: This is only recommended on a slow expansive route. If you suffer any withdrawal symptoms, return to Atlas immediately. Overuse of this may result in mental scratches, social damage, serious injury, or death. In any case we are responsible for none of the above.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 10:44:51 PM »

Told my mother I'm gay. Can't say the reaction was amazing, but at least it was mildly accepting.
Also found out my sister is Lesbian- I'm kinda mad that they didn't tell me as if it's some terrible secret.
Congratulations! I'm sure you would like a better reaction, but it could have been worse. Your courage and bravery to tell your mother that at the age of eighteen is impressive. I want you to know that I consider you one of our best posters. Your posts are always measured, and your words are always thought out. I appreciate someone like you, who always manages to be reasonable. Your one flaw I have noticed on here is that you post too little - I would love to see you post more.

When do you plan to tell your father?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »

Our third lawyer I know of! Mr. Reactionary, Torie, and now Dereich. Congratulations, Mr. Reich.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 12:43:35 AM »

Does rescuing a stray dog in front of a leader of a community group you're angling for an internship with boost your chances?
Did they catch onto the fact that you had it planted there and it was actually one of your co-conspirator's pet dog?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies