Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:20:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111610 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: January 28, 2017, 02:23:22 PM »

Is your next piece of work about muon's/Peeb's missing blood/fingers?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:01:25 PM »

Guys, I'm sitting here all sweaty, tremors in my hands, nauseous and weak because... I NEED ANOTHER ELECTION. I'm hooked. I'm going through acute electoral withdrawal.

Why can't we just fast-forward to 2017, then to 2018? I want answers! Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:27:30 AM »

Can't sleep Sad

We need a similar meme for Trump.. How about:  спасибо Trump!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »

25,000th post in just over six years. Could be worse I guess. I could have 50,000.

Don't worry, there is plenty of time for that! After all..

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:23:26 PM »

Congrats on finishing Cathcon! Hopefully they don't see it as awful as you do Sad

-

Off-topic, but does anyone know why there is only one Update thread on this board? I thought Bushie had one when he was here, so I imagine others would too. Why are they not allowed?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 12:15:47 PM »

Uh, Eharding knows who Rochambeau was?

EHarding said he likes to read posting histories and with this, I presume older threads, throughly. For a user who is less than 2 months old, it is kind of strange. Then again, we're talking about a user who just recently made almost 100 posts on March 6th alone, on top of his usual 35 - 50 posts a day. I don't understand how he got so obsessed so quickly.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »

Thank y'all for your extremely supportive comments.... (Sarcasm run 100%).

Got the job offer, but will be running Day shift while my Wife works Nights, meaning we won't see each other at all 3 days out of the week....

Plus side, at least it should help us get the housing scene situated, since now we have a combined income that will make it easier to get accepted for housing, since landlord run metrics of income vs housing in this area, in what is a very blue-collar and working class city in Oregon, where gentrification has run crazy over the past three years.

It was only three years ago that people could rent a three bedroom house or 2 bedrom duplex/townhouse for $550-600/Month in Albany, and the prices have now doubled within that time period.

Congrats NOVA. It's a shame it ever had to get to that point, but I'm glad you're getting back on your feet now. I do hope your ability to post long, detailed views of regional politics will not be affected tho Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »

I wish we could just "turn off" sleepiness in our heads because I'm dead tired after only ~4 hours of sleep. I have work to do Sad

i blame this tiredness on LLR
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 12:10:02 AM »

I'm glad to hear things are getting better NOVA! I don't know if you're aware of this, but Comcast does offer service(s) for families with difficult situations. I don't know if you qualify, but here is a link:

https://www.internetessentials.com/Families
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 07:43:28 PM »

i want to rewind 20 years and start over
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 06:35:36 PM »

too much cheesy potatoes

stomach hurts

send help

Curly
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »

Have you guys ever hurt the top part/joint of your thumb? The joint connecting the second phalanx?

Or basically (24) on this diagram:

I don't understand how but I woke up feeling like I bent that part way too far in my sleep and now it just...hurts. I'm wondering how long this is going to take to heal now. I know this kind of pain from other joints, and it is definitely not going to be a few day ordeal.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »

I'm now the proud father of a baby girl.

awww

Congrats DC Al. That's wonderful!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »

Well, this is going to be REALLY awkward.  I'm renting a room in a house for my internship this summer, and one of the other renters just moved into another room in the house.  It just so happens that she is interning for Planned Parenthood, and I'm not really sure what to do.  Any advice on how to live with someone who is literally fighting at work for the exact thing I'm fighting to stop at work?

There is no reason 'rivals' can't get along. Like fayette said, just don't bring up the subject. That cannot be emphasized enough.

This is one of those times where you don't want to live up to your name, ExtremeRepublican.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 09:05:53 PM »

I don't have advice, but this would make a fantastic sitcom.

Are you actually a Democrat now or are you just toying with us again Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 10:38:43 PM »

It's hard for me to imagine this situation from ER's perspective. If you actually believe abortion is straight up murdering babies, how do you interact with pro-choice pro-murder people? Let alone live with one? I would be so depressed with life.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »

sorry to hear that smith Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 12:03:22 AM »

I have decided I am going to run for the Florida House of Representatives!

Really? In the future, or you mean next year?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »

I wonder if I need to take a break from this forum. I'm really tired of seeing the same kind of arguments over and over again, as if reality is stuck on loop.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »

Went knocking door to door today to get Democrats registered for next year.

Is that even necessary anymore? With California adopting both automatic registration and same-day registration (although I think that operates with provisional ballots at first), I'd think that actually canvassing to register people would be a waste of time given how many of those people will likely be registered by the time voting starts in 2018.

A few people, Democrat and apolitical, also felt like the Democrats had no message that spoke to them.

I wonder how many of these people actually think that, and are not just parroting what they hear about the party. Don't get me wrong, I think the party does lack an official overall theme that is easy to remember for the average voter, and it is definitely still struggling to break away from the moderate faction whose desire to straddle the center more closely blurs what the party stands for, but if you look at the policy agenda of the party, it's not hard to see what the Democratic Party stands for.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 11:59:24 PM »

Just met my goal of getting a dozen petitions for Florida's potential 2018 felon voting rights amendment. Two of my neighbors were no on it for a while now but I convinced them to at least help it get to a vote even if they didn't intend to vote for it.

...only 700,000 to go, or something like that Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »

Is there an electronic version I can sign? I fully support this idea and would like to see it put to a vote.

https://floridarrc.com/volunteer#petition

If you can, it would help to bug your friends and family to fill it out Tongue. The best argument I've had with people is what I was talking about above, that even if they don't support it personally or are undecided, merely signing the petition only gets it to a vote, where 60% is required. The idea is that we can at least give the idea a fair shot with the people of Florida.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 03:19:52 PM »

Went on a date this morning. We went to the shooting range and he brought his ar-15 and glock. When I told him surprise me with something interesting, that was not quite what I had in mind but was pretty fun nonetheless, and I actually HIT the targets! Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 08:26:37 PM »

Seconds for sures
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 02:19:43 PM »

Elaborating on my last post in here. i couldn't sleep last night. my existential struggle that plagued me last fall is back.

specifically in relations to my sexuality. I haven't been able to live a functional life because of my insistence of staying in the closet/being scared to come out due to homophobic/biphobic family.

it's getting lonely in the closet and i'm not sure i can take anymore mental anguish from it. Sad :/

thinking about coming out to my sister, who is the most likely to have a non-awful response.

I think you should. It can be hard, but not always. No matter what happens, I think you'll find that the benefits will significantly outweigh the negatives, even if it takes a bit to realize that. I was forced out basically in high school, and I could have lied to my parents and "gone straight" so to speak, but I didn't, and it caused a lot of problems at first. But then things were so much easier later in life. I'm glad I didn't drag on with it, and I think you would be too. Don't let the best years of your life go by trying to keep a lid on something that is eventually going to have to come off no matter what.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies