Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111707 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: February 18, 2017, 06:54:49 PM »

Two of my posts were deleted by some mod for no good reason:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259183.0

Always have a bitter taste in my mouth when that happens.

The first of your posts deserves to be unmodded to then be deleted again.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 10:06:02 AM »

After getting a nice tax return using Turbo Tax, I think find out a form was sent to me late so I have to amend my returns. The amended returns, which must be mailed, include an entire refund of the return I originally received. Sad
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »

Applied for an auto loan amount of $5,000 - waiting to hear back today to see if my bank approved or denied me.

Good luck!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »

Guys, I'm sitting here all sweaty, tremors in my hands, nauseous and weak because... I NEED ANOTHER ELECTION. I'm hooked. I'm going through acute electoral withdrawal.

Why can't we just fast-forward to 2017, then to 2018? I need answers Sad

I feel the same way, but just because I want things to reverse already.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:54:50 AM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:24 AM »

How many of you procrastinate about mundane things like getting a haircut? I've been putting one off for quite a while now, and I'm not proud of myself.

I purposefully put off stuff like haircuts only during winter just because hat hair. I tend to run my errands asap so I don't have to worry about them. Set deadlines for yourself. Tongue

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.

You could go to more standard lines, like Super Cuts. They usually do a really good job wherever you go.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 12:32:14 PM »

I also don't trust barbers due to one bad experience. I always feel like I'm playing the lottery when I go to get my hair cut.

You could go to more standard lines, like Super Cuts. They usually do a really good job wherever you go.

#RIP small towns. Cry

Well, I can't speak for any since they're strictly local by definition. But if anyone hears of a good local place, then that's definitely better.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »

I'm using the washing machine at werk due to problems at my house. Bleach is used almost every go 'round, so pray for my clothing.

Incoming pink and cream wardrobe!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »

I'm using the washing machine at werk due to problems at my house. Bleach is used almost every go 'round, so pray for my clothing.

Incoming pink and cream wardrobe!

Looks like they survived... This time.

Good news Smiley
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2017, 09:20:38 AM by Arch »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »

This.

I went to this really rad video game/comic/general nerd shop about half an hour away from school with my friends today and it was really awesome. I've been in a genuinely good mood for the last few weeks consistently. Still some down moments, but they are much fewer and further between. I'm enjoying the little things more.

That's quite a coincidence.

Didn't notice it quoted that too. I thought it was part of his sig. I edited my post now Tongue
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »

Ripped off Buttigieg in an e-mail coming out to my parents (even though I've already done it to my mom). I feel like I should probably cut some of it, and also that I'm going to throw up, have a heart attack, and die at the same time.
I sent it, after realizing I don't have much to lose (at least, not from this directly). Best case scenario: The folks let me transition. Worst case scenario: The folks ignore it and I have to pretend to be a dude for the next 2 1/2 years, like I was going to originally, except now I don't have to deal with the awkward coming out thing - I already did it.
Massive kudos for having the courage to come out!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 12:26:12 AM »

The folks seem to prefer to pretend that I didn't say anything at all simply because it's easier. So I guess Operation Good Catholic Girl was a failure. Considering I'm 15, I don't know what I was expecting. I mean, I could always go nuclear and start writing new essays about the fact that I'm trans every couple days until they get annoyed to the point of accepting me, but I don't have the time, resources, or energy.

My parents were not Catholic, but they were extremely socially-conservative protestants. It won't be easy. The struggles will take years to even get to the point of acknowledging it in an inane way. My best advice for you is to stay strong and look for support in those who accept you and those who are willing to lend you a hand. That's how my experience was for me anyways.

I would say that a letter won't be effective at this point, as you observed. The best step forward would be to arrange some sort of meeting with an intermediary (preferably a professional who can help them ease into it). When I first confronted my mom about it in person, I did so in front of the school counselor. I did it in the same room and in a meeting. After my mom broke down, I went to class and left her to the counselor. They stayed there for hours, but I'm not sure things couldn't have gone worse if I had done it cold turkey.

Although coming out of the closet as a gay man is slightly different, the dynamics, I imagine, shouldn't be. Let me know what you think.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

The weather in the upper Midwest is sh**tty as hell right now, no questions asked.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 09:16:34 PM »

So, I feel pretty down today. I had to explain that Puerto Ricans are American citizens and not immigrants in three separate occasions. Usually, I'm fine with it, but it got to me today.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »

Why is everyone in the region complaining about weather? I love gray skies.

Now I know how Al felt when Rochambeau's was roaming around...

-LOLOLOL

Why do you choose to communicate like this?

Considering he's apparently aiming to make 200+ posts a day, I'd say he's spamming the forum.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 09:42:36 AM »

Restarting Graduate School applications after a year and a half is a nightmare.

I hear you. Did you take the GRE already?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 09:53:12 AM »

Restarting Graduate School applications after a year and a half is a nightmare.

I hear you. Did you take the GRE already?

Not all programs require it, so no. PRAXIS and MAT take precedence anyway.

Fun fun D: Best of luck with everything. It's a long bureaucratic mess.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »

My boss told me there is a good chance he might be closing his doors of his business and told all of us today to probably start looking for another job soon. He said the last two months he's been in the negative when it comes to profits.
TBH the place sounds like a dump from what you've related to us. You'll be back to work with a Trump job soon. If you give him a second term we'll both even receive forty acres and a mule.

lol
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »

After years of saving on a grad student salary and planning ahead, I finally got my first car, a new Subaru SUV. It feels great. I'm going on a road trip next week. Smiley
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 11:46:34 PM »

I'm coming to the realization that living alone might not be emotionally sustainable for me in the long run.

It isn't for most.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 09:16:04 AM »

After years of saving on a grad student salary and planning ahead, I finally got my first car, a new Subaru SUV. It feels great. I'm going on a road trip next week. Smiley

Congrats!

Where you headed, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks! I have no idea yet. I wanted to go to CO, but that might be too far away for the 3 days I have available, so maybe some place closer.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »

I just found out that I have to pass a YUGE Subject Test to get in to the Grad School of my choice...fml...

Usually how it goes, unfortunately. Depending on the test as well, they might charge you a fortune.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

Brought the fourth season of Quantum Leap with me to school (so I can watch it at the apartment).
My grandmother died today, but it has been long coming, she really has been suffering a lot and not really living lately. While I do feel sad, I also feel like she, and my father who was strongly suffering seeing his mother's condition, finally have peace.
I have to say that all of this increased my support for euthanasia- for what is life, really, if you just suffer all day long and know that there is no hope for recovery? It's not really life.

So sorry for your loss, my friend.
^
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »

Which one? The first one holds a special place in my heart.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies