Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:36:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111716 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: January 16, 2017, 07:03:45 PM »

Is it just me or do SJWs/far-left social liberals keep getting more and more irksome?

Want to give some examples? I feel like I hear less and less about them these days.

My instagram is currently being spammed by this one person ranting about cisgender people...

God, being in a liberal bubble is so fun! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Yes, and as the world crumbles around them they will retreat further and further into their favorite activities: bitching, complaining, whining, and conflating... naming, shaming, scapegoating and blaming.  Claiming, framing, ousting, and flaming.

And they will call it activism.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »

My grandfather has suddenly become ill, and we're afraid that it might be pneumonia. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be posting much for a bit, lest I let my emotions get the best of me.
I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope he gets better soon.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:49:13 PM »

That reminds me of how, when I was a Boy Scout earning my orienteering badge, the adult teaching the lesson claimed that compasses point north because there is a gigantic pile of iron ore sitting on the North Pole.

Fortunately, I grew up attending a rural school district that did not offer AP courses, so I lucked out of slugging through that brand of memorize & test idiocy.
Yes.  People are stupid.  Especially teachers oftentimes.  And it is paramount that you make them look stupid in front of the rest of their students.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »

These posts about teachers are indicative of a major problem in this country and elsewhere:  the pay and standards for teachers both need to go up.  And once we secure good teachers, it's probably a good idea to let them have more leeway instead of being micromanaged by politically motivated curriculum standards.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:23:59 AM »

Don't really want to dampen the mood of this thread, but my grandmother died last Thursday and my whole family is in shock. It really sucks, she was in great health and everything. Cry
I'm sorry.  Sad  I hope you and your family are doing alright. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

I discovered moss breaks down rock. Moss completely covered a rock, and I thought it was just moss. I couldn't scrape it up. When I finally uncovered it, there was a upper rock turning to dirt. It seems moss is able to do this fast. I wonder if there is a chemical or something it excretes to dissolve solid materials like rock that we could use in real life.
more likely the moss has been decomposing into dirt with new moss growing on top.  There might be some breakdown of the rock, but that would only be a small component. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 02:01:04 PM »

yay.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 04:35:02 PM »

Seeing Al Franken in an hour for a book talk, anyone got a good question I should ask?
Tell him a Minnesotan wonders if he had to choose:  Lutefisk pie or Orange Trump Surprise Jell-O Salad?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »

How is it that no matter what position I try to sleep in, my area manages to get in the way?
oh honey just wait until you have big old boobies comblobberating around everrywhere you go a half step behind.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »

Hi all.  Just checking in.  I'll be moving to the Netherlands permanently in early August.  Snagged a job at Leiden University's Philosophy Institute.  Looking forward to a new life there.
In the words of the Netherpeople:  welcome and gshploocht!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »

I should know better than seeking advice from Atlas (we all know how that goes), but anywho, I have a conundrum. I recently met a girl who has come over with friends to my house twice, and we really have hit it off. I want to invite her over to smoke and listen to some records tonight, but we just hung out on Sunday and Monday; my natural instinct is to do what I always do - play it cool and wait a few days. But now I'm starting to wonder if I dramatically overthink these things.
You should invite her over anyway while being understanding if she's busy but leave the invitation open for later this week.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »

Peebs I had no idea you were such extreme Atlas! Shocked
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:38 PM »

You're just gonna have to make it fabulous yourself!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies