Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:23:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111684 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: February 15, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »

Finally got a chance to drop off my bag of food at the local refugee center.  There were so many kids there, and I'm just really happy that I could help make sure they have good food to eat...  Will definitely be keeping them in mind if I have anything else to donate in the future.  Feeling kind of proud of my city that we have such a place too.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »

Guys, I'm sitting here all sweaty, tremors in my hands, nauseous and weak because... I NEED ANOTHER ELECTION. I'm hooked. I'm going through acute electoral withdrawal.

Why can't we just fast-forward to 2017, then to 2018? I want answers! Sad

Someone sounds like she needs some more emporium.  Tongue  Could always check out foreign elections... or be super nerdy and buy some elections sim game.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:06:54 PM »

Pumpkin pie gelatto.... omg so good
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »

March 24th. I have 19 days to prepare to condense my thesis into a 15 minute presentation and contemplate what questions I would be forced to answer. I'll likely begin after break--I've got other papers and homework to work on, and one of my housemates and I are going on a road trip tomorrow morning.

Are you friendly with anyone in your class that's also doing a thesis?  You could present to each other and practice asking each other questions that might come up in a defense.

My biggest advice is to try to relax and believe in yourself.  You are a very intelligent guy.  Sometimes the biggest obstacle is just making sure you don't freeze up.  I'm sure you've got this.  Smiley
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »

To my very pleasant surprise, the proposal I submitted back in February for an academic conference was unexpectedly accepted, so I will be participating as a presenter at this conference in May in Kingston with my topic "Political Polarization in Colombia since 2012".

Congrats!  Do you mean Kingston, NY??
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »

Today is the first day of Spring (in the Northern Hemisphere)!  It's still chilly here and there's snow everywhere, but the Sun was shining nice and bright to make up for it.  There were birds everywhere serenading me on my walk.  I saw a titmouse perched up on lowlying branch near me, chirping away.  Tried to tiptoe back inside to get my camera but by the time I got back, it flew away.  It's kinda fitting I guess that that would happen since I couldn't just stand there and enjoy it on my own.  Tongue  Looking forward to longer, sunny days as everything starts to come back to life!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 11:48:40 AM »

Just wrote a huge post with graphs and everything that got eaten by the abyss because I stupidly hit the preview button when I was logged out.  I give up.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »

Pretty sure I just had a heart attack.

Not trying to be rude, but are you sure it wasn't acid or anxiety causing that?
Chances are it probably was. Anyway, I had another "heart attack" this morning, although I'm not gonna see the nurse about it this time because the last, everything was fine (as mentioned).

Do you have yearly appointments with a doctor?  I think you should ask them about it next time just to make sure there's nothing that needs closer monitoring.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »

Was taking a nap where I dreamed of meeting the sweetest girl with long brown hair and glasses and going on a date with her . . .  and then my phone woke me up with my dad asking me if I submitted my taxes yet (I did).  I feel like this is a metaphor for my life right now.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »

Was taking a nap where I dreamed of meeting the sweetest girl with long brown hair and glasses and going on a date with her . . . 
To dream the impossible dream... (Too soon?)

To reeeach the unreachaaaablleee  STTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »

I saw a guy at the grocery store that looked exactly like Steve Bannon.  He was hoarding Trix and looking creepy.  Scooted my way into another aisle.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »

It's my bday yaaaaay
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:18 PM »

I wonder if I need to take a break from this forum. I'm really tired of seeing the same kind of arguments over and over again, as if reality is stuck on loop.

Yes, take a break and go see Wonder Woman!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

Congrats muon2. Hope you enjoy the trip. Good luck on whatever you decide to do next!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »

Tomorrow is my 30th birthday.  I will no longer be young. 

You're only one day older than you were yesterday. Tongue Happy bday anyway!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »

I feel like everything in my life has become worse off ever since January 20.  Every political scandal or stupid thing Trump does gives me such pain, and that pain keeps turning into anger.  I stopped supporting Trump after he pretty much started doing absolutely nothing except be a figurehead.  In addition, Republican leaders in Congress are inept, and every criticism that the Democrat Party throws is so sickening that I lose my mind.  Everything is so painful to read and listen to, and I don't think my emotions have ever swung so wildly from reading politics and debating people.  Everyone I talk to who hates Trump makes me feel like I am some kind of evil person.

I am seriously considering doing what Timmy did and take a good, long break from this political mess from both sides.  I just can't take it anymore.

You seem like a genuine person who deserves to be happy. Do whatever you need to make it happen. But if you do decide to leave for a while, we'll be missing out on your posts!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »

With the eclipse and all, I decided to go for a walk in the woods this afternoon and pray for a friend who's been having some personal troubles lately. I found a beautiful patch of violet flowers and there was this little bird I've never seen before hopping along next to me and tweeting it's heart out for like a full minute. And while I didn't see any of the weird eclipse shadows, I saw a cloud formation that looked just like the shadows I was looking for on my way home. I think it went really well!!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

I found a beautiful patch of violet flowers and there was this little bird I've never seen before hopping along next to me and tweeting it's heart out for like a full minute.

that's so cute! Siren the bird whisperer Tongue

I wish I could have a gang of birds follow me where ever I go. Of course, only tagging along in a friendly manner and not pooping on me and stealing my sandwiches.

I guess there's just something about me! I'm like a disney princess with her little bird friends or something. Just waiting for them to call me up and offer to turn my life into an animated musical in exchange for a box of chocolate covered blueberries.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »

One of my friends subscribed me to Roy Moore's emails and the Conservative Review's emails.

lol pretty sneaky, but I unsubscribed, so Tongue
My email was sold by somebody to Moore and the Conservative Review.

That anti-privacy bill Trump signed is hard at work I see.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »

Cool. I played a lot in college and grad school when it first came out. I still have most of the old books, including the original three pamphlet box set. I'm fascinated that it has held interest even as the electronic gaming business replaced most of the paper and imagination versions.

It's still fun to sit together with friends and play. Kinda like when you combine an actor with an author and get to imagine all kinds of fun scenarios. I think more people would try it if they weren't afraid of being uncool or whatever. I never played D&D, but I like roleplaying games. I used to play Vampire: The Masquerade with my friends in college and online. There's some people that like to play the games online too. It's a great way to practice writing if you're into that.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 07:24:29 PM »

I seriously need to re-examine my life choices.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »

Not really one thing. It's more like just a lot of really personal things built up over the years that pushed me further and further away from all of my IRL friends that now I'm just so alone and miserable that I have a reason to get stressed out about things that happens on atlas forum.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »

I met the coolest girl tonight and I'm taking her to a jazz club on Friday.

That sounds incredibly cool.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies