A Different America- 1992 General Election Edition( Please Read before voting)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  A Different America- 1992 General Election Edition( Please Read before voting)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for
President Ted Kennedy/Vice President John Glenn(D)

Former National Security Advisor Colin Powell/Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan(R)

Governor Bill Clinton/Governor Zell Miller(I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: A Different America- 1992 General Election Edition( Please Read before voting)  (Read 619 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 11:27:02 PM »

I don't think an 11 point win among three candidates would lead to a deadlocked electoral college.

Not when the reason of 11 point difference is Clinton strength in south costing Powell and electoral the cost Kennedy in sky blue states
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »

Not to intrude, as I didn't vote in this, but that map (particularly the percentages) makes little sense. According to the poll results, Clinton got about the same vote share as Ross Perot IRL; if he's winning states in the South, that means his support is likely highly centralized in that region and thus would not have enough support in the North and West to hold Kennedy to below 40% in states like California. If, on the other hand, his support is not concentrated in the South, than Clinton's EV total is implausible. It's also not clear why Clinton performed better in NH and ME than he did in the Dakotas, given his status as the farm candidate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 12:41:59 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2017, 12:44:27 AM by Old School Republican »

Not to intrude, as I didn't vote in this, but that map (particularly the percentages) makes little sense. According to the poll results, Clinton got about the same vote share as Ross Perot IRL; if he's winning states in the South, that means his support is likely highly centralized in that region and thus would not have enough support in the North and West to hold Kennedy to below 40% in states like California. If, on the other hand, his support is not concentrated in the South, than Clinton's EV total is implausible. It's also not clear why Clinton performed better in NH and ME than he did in the Dakotas, given his status as the farm candidate.

It was my bad forgetting to change the percentages on some of the states but results stay the same
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 01:18:20 AM »

It was my bad forgetting to change the percentages on some of the states but results stay the same

Ah, okay.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies