Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:43:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump's healthcare plan actually offer "insurance for everybody"?
Yes - For everybody

Yes - At least more than the ACA

No - No more than the ACA

No - Most covered by ACA will lose insurance

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report  (Read 3853 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: January 16, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »

Hopefully we see a sliding scale subsidy system based on market rates for all, including across age and gender groups, with greater transparency in medical billing. The desperately poor can be covered under Medicaid - we're Republicans, not monsters.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:51 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 04:15:53 PM by Santander »

Hopefully we see a sliding scale subsidy system based on market rates for all, including across age and gender groups, with greater transparency in medical billing. The desperately poor can be covered under Medicaid - we're Republicans, not monsters.

So you mean keep Obamacare?
Uh... Obamacare has price control provisions that attempt to force young people and men to subsidize women and the elderly (which have failed), among many other disastrous regulations like the supposedly popular but stupid 26-year old rule and pre-existing conditions rule. I would prefer to see no subsidy, but I'm trying to be politically realistic. We also need to stop endlessly blaming everything on the insurance and pharmaceutical industries and start getting tough with healthcare providers. Lack of transparency is what allows healthcare providers to hide behind insurance companies, and the more layers of government and bureaucracy we add, the further from a truly free and transparent market we get.

Consumers (i.e. the market) are a far more powerful and effective force in changing the behavior of businesses than government could ever hope to be. The government's role should be to reduce the information asymmetry that currently exists with the opaque nature of healthcare spending in the US and allow the market to do its work.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »

1. Are you seriously proposing that we go back to the day where men and women are charged different rates? Talk about a political non-starter. I doubt a single Republican female Congressman or Senator would vote for that, nor would some of the moderate Republican men. Just imagine the tweets: "Republican health plan: raise rates on women to give men a break!! #WaronWomen"
Yes, I am serious. Men pay more for car insurance than women, but I don't see any politicians crying out calling it an injustice. Insurance is discriminatory by nature and by righting one wrong, you just create another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies