Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:09:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Trump's healthcare plan actually offer "insurance for everybody"?
Yes - For everybody

Yes - At least more than the ACA

No - No more than the ACA

No - Most covered by ACA will lose insurance

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Trump’s healthcare plan will offer ‘insurance for everybody’: report  (Read 3814 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 16, 2017, 07:56:12 AM »

How are you a Republican?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 12:15:09 AM »

1. Are you seriously proposing that we go back to the day where men and women are charged different rates? Talk about a political non-starter. I doubt a single Republican female Congressman or Senator would vote for that, nor would some of the moderate Republican men. Just imagine the tweets: "Republican health plan: raise rates on women to give men a break!! #WaronWomen"
Yes, I am serious. Men pay more for car insurance than women, but I don't see any politicians crying out calling it an injustice. Insurance is discriminatory by nature and by righting one wrong, you just create another.

Yet no one complains about the automotive mandate. Just saying.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »

I imagine it'll be giving huge tax breaks to insurance companies to offer coverage to people, with no price controls or regulations on how much they can charge.

So basically it is Trump being resigned to the fact that without the ACA, the health insurance industry will go the way of the mortgage and auto industry and people will need to be bailed out anyways. However, maybe he can promise more coverage by totally deregulating the insurance industry and the medical loan industry. Bail out a bubble and create a bubble in one fell swoop! We will never have it so good! It will be orgasmic!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies