With which faction of your party do you most identify?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:54:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  With which faction of your party do you most identify?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: With which faction of your party do you most identify?
Neoliberal Democrat

Blue Dog Democrat

Labor-Populist Democrat

Minority Interests Democrat

Urban Liberal Democrat

Progressive Democrat

Other Democrat (explain)

Main Street Republican

Neoconservative Republican

Libertarian Republican

Moral Majority Republican

Urban Conservative Republican

America First Republican

Other Republican (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: With which faction of your party do you most identify?  (Read 3164 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:49:48 AM »
« edited: January 16, 2017, 04:35:02 AM by Jacobin American »

Neoliberal Democrat - Composed primarily of young, affluent suburban Democratic professionals. Economically centrist, socially liberal. More concerned with promoting free trade, balanced budgets, and limiting growth of regulations than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: Cory Booker.

Blue Dog Democrat - Composed primarily of rural, economically disadvantaged Democratic loyalists from the South. Economically moderate-to-liberal, socially moderate-to-conservative. More concerned with preserving gun rights, opposing abortion, and protecting rural interests (which often conflict with urban voters) than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: John Bel Edwards.

Labor-Populist Democrat - Composed primarily of unionized and/or working class Democratic laborers from the Rust Belt. Economically liberal, socially moderate. More concerned with protect labor unions, promoting labor laws, and opposing free trade deals than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: Sherrod Brown.

Minority Interests Democrat - Composed primarily of African Americans and Hispanics Democrats of working and lower class backgrounds. Economically liberal, socially moderate. More concerned with civil rights, immigration, and criminal justice reform than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: John Lewis.

Urban Liberal Democrat - Composed primarily of urban and suburban, college educated Democratic professionals. Economically liberal, socially liberal. More concerned with environmentalism, social justice, and multiculturalism than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: Barack Obama.

Progressive Democrat - Composed primarily of activists and liberal working class Democrats. Economically liberal, socially liberal. More concerned with socioeconomic inequality, corporate influence, and activism than other Democrats. Most notable Democratic politician: Bernie Sanders.

Main Street Republican - Composed primarily of small business owners and conservative, middle class Republican professionals. Economically conservative, socially conservative. More concerned with small business interests, balanced budgets, and cutting taxes on the middle class than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: John Kasich.

Neoconservative Republican - Composed primarily of suburban, middle class, national security oriented Republican voters. Economically moderate-to-conservative, socially moderate-to-conservative. More concerned with national security, Israel, and terrorism than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Lindsey Graham.

Libertarian Republican - Composed primarily of college students, conspiracy theorists, and anti-government Republicans. Economically conservative, socially moderate-to-liberal. More concerned with non-interventionist foreign policy, protecting civil liberties, and free market purity than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Rand Paul.

Moral Majority Republican - Composed primarily of Evangelical Protestant Republicans. Economically moderate-to-conservative, socially conservative. More concerned with abortion, promoting family values, and protecting freedom of religion than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Mike Pence.

Urban Conservative Republican - Composed primarily of urban and suburban, conservative, college educated Republican professionals. Economically conservative, socially moderate-to-conservative. More concerned with maximizing efficiency, social service reform, and promoting free trade than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Paul Ryan.

America First Republican - Composed primarily of working and middle class rural and unionized Republican workers. Economically moderate-to-conservative, socially moderate-to-conservative. More concerned with immigration, globalization, and political correctness than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Donald Trump.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:55:56 AM »

Libertarian+America First Republican. Voted libertarian, since I'd take Paul over Sessions.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:00:18 AM »

Libertarian+America First Republican. Voted libertarian, since I'd take Paul over Sessions.

This, except I prefer Sessions over Paul.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:01:53 AM »

I'm a Labor-Populist Democrat and voted for that. But I also have a strong affinity for the Progressive Democrat faction as well. But I'd take a Sherrod Brown or even a slightly more conservative version of him over an Elizabeth Warren.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:03:08 AM »

What do you think of Justin Amash?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:35:12 AM »

I consider myself an (Elizabeth) Warrenite Democrat, so Progressive with a dash of Urban Liberal, but also with somewhat hawkish foreign policy views.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:11 AM »

Main Street republican
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 04:01:12 AM »

Neoconservative Republican, obviously. But, I also have some overlap with the Urban Conservative Republican.

I am most opposed to the "America first" Republicanism and Libertarian Republicanism on foreign policy.

It's even arguable I have some common views with Neoliberal Democrats as many Neoliberals tend to be moderately hawkish.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 04:02:44 AM »

Neoconservative Republican, obviously. But, I also have some overlap with the Urban Conservative Republican.

I am most opposed to the "America first" Republicanism and Libertarian Republicanism on foreign policy.

It's even arguable I have some common views with Neoliberal Democrats as many Neoliberals tend to be moderately hawkish.

would you say Im main street Republican.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:06:54 AM »

would you say Im main street Republican.

Yea, for the most part, its a very solid fit for you.

Maybe some overlap with Urban Republicans as well. I see Urban Republicans as being partially representative of younger republicans in the millennial generation.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 08:57:51 AM by Intell »

Blue Dog Democrat (Only of the Economically leftist kind, not centrists  and neo-liberals like Blanche Lincoln, and others.)

Labor-Populist Democrat

Progressive Democrat (If they don't think a candidate should go to the left on everything, while not understanding concerns of working class kind.)

+ I think an Obama style democrat would be social liberal on economics (keynsenian, but markets, capitalism, free trade, with certain. market based reform to go. Center- to Center left. The use of the world economically liberal cringes me though.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »

Labor-Populist Democrat
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »

Progressive Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 10:11:07 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 10:12:38 AM by Santander »

Libertarian Republican - Composed primarily of college students, conspiracy theorists, and anti-government Republicans. Economically conservative, socially moderate-to-liberal. More concerned with non-interventionist foreign policy, protecting civil liberties, and free market purity than other Republicans. Most notable Republican politician: Rand Paul.
Roll Eyes
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »

I guess urban conservative.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 10:30:54 AM »

Probably closest to Urban Liberal, though the connotation that comes with that isn't great
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »

Somewhere between Blue Dog and Labor-Populist.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »

Those aren't factions. DLC, Bernie Bros, County Club etc are better terms to use.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »

Urban Conservative Republican, I would say.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 11:57:57 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 11:59:31 AM by Parrotguy »

Out of those, probably Neoliberal Democrat. Also quite close to Urban Liberal Democrats.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 12:07:42 PM »

Main Street/Urban(?). I prefer the hip, new "reform conservative" label. But I don't want to lumped in with the mushiness that is associated with those things, because I'm a very conservative person. Ideologically, I'm a pretty hard-edged conservative but I'm a proponent of what I call moral servant-leadership. Our leaders should look out for, be accountable to, and dignify the people that elect them.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »

I think I consider myself a primarily minority-interests Democrat with neoliberal/New Democrat leanings.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »

What do you think of Justin Amash?

-Freedom Fighter, though his endorsement behavior in 2016 and insufficient criticism of the press felt bizarre to me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »

Sociologically Urban Liberal, ideologically Progressive. Voted Progressive.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »

Let's just say I'm a Democrat. Progressive would be the best label, and that's the label that I use exclusively to describe myself. I occasionally use "social democrat" as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies