With which faction of your party do you most identify?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:26:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  With which faction of your party do you most identify?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: With which faction of your party do you most identify?
Neoliberal Democrat

Blue Dog Democrat

Labor-Populist Democrat

Minority Interests Democrat

Urban Liberal Democrat

Progressive Democrat

Other Democrat (explain)

Main Street Republican

Neoconservative Republican

Libertarian Republican

Moral Majority Republican

Urban Conservative Republican

America First Republican

Other Republican (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: With which faction of your party do you most identify?  (Read 3156 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 01:59:43 PM »

Urban liberal Democrat, although I'm not sure what exactly typifies that politically from the various other types of liberal/progressive Democrats.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »

Labor Populist, with significant Prog leanings.

Urban liberal Democrat, although I'm not sure what exactly typifies that politically from the various other types of liberal/progressive Democrats.

this is a good place to start
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »

That Democratic faction that is economically liberal to moderate, socially liberal and fiscally conservative. The most notable politician an who comes close to my views is Jerry Brown.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 03:16:51 PM »

That Democratic faction that is economically liberal to moderate, socially liberal and fiscally conservative. The most notable politician an who comes close to my views is Jerry Brown.

Okay, Crabcake, you win ... these terms are stupid as .
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »

Liberal doesn't mean what you think it means.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »

Progressive Democrat, with some Urban Liberal and Labor Populist mixed in.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »

Liberal doesn't mean what you think it means.

It doesn't mean just one thing, smartass.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2017, 03:41:08 PM »

I guess Moral Majority Republican, but some of Urban Conservative Republican as well
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2017, 03:42:51 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 03:44:41 PM by ERM64man »

Other Republican, but I'm registered as an independent. In between Libertarian Republican and Main Street Republican.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »

Progressive Democrat, with Labor-Populist, Urban Liberal, Christian Left (not listed), and Minority Interests influences.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:41 PM »

Progressive Democrat, with some Urban Liberal and Labor Populist mixed in.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:43 PM »

Labor-Populist, with a few environmentalist and Blue Dog angles attached.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 10:55:28 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 10:57:08 PM by heatcharger »

I'll be one of the few brave souls to say I'm a Neoliberal Democrat with Urban Liberal Democrat mixed in; closer to the former in theory, closer to the latter in practice.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 10:57:41 PM »

I'll be one of the few brave souls to say I'm a Neoliberal Democrat

Supporting the hegemonic ideology is brave? Huh
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2017, 11:07:17 PM »

Definitely not neocon or neoliberal. Probably a mix of libertarian, populist and social conservative.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2017, 11:09:14 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 11:12:04 PM by heatcharger »

Well, I was just basing that on the fact that 37 posts into this thread, only one person claimed to be a neoliberal. It seemed like Atlas was overrun with similar-minded posters to myself before the election, but most of them disappeared, and so now populists and progressives hold a large majority of the left-wing avatars here, which this poll seems to confirm.

A similar phenomenon happened on the right, although rather than a drop off of posters, "America First" Republicans have joined by a sizable number.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2017, 11:11:52 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2017, 11:16:14 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

The urbane section of the Blue Dog Democrat wing followed by the Labor Populist Wing. I also am very proud of the Barack Obama wing which deserves a very different definition from what you have it. It's almost completely distinct from that. Perhaps not best to use a President for such an obvious niche because the President should (and he does) represent many wings
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2017, 12:39:00 AM »

Well, I was just basing that on the fact that 37 posts into this thread, only one person claimed to be a neoliberal. It seemed like Atlas was overrun with similar-minded posters to myself before the election, but most of them disappeared, and so now populists and progressives hold a large majority of the left-wing avatars here, which this poll seems to confirm.

A similar phenomenon happened on the right, although rather than a drop off of posters, "America First" Republicans have joined by a sizable number.

There certainly does seem to be a rather large proportion of Labor-Populist and Progressive Democrats now compared to before the election. I'd guess on November 8th it was evenly split; now most of the Neoliberal and Urban Liberal Democrats have either changed their faction or left the forum. This raises the question of to what extent, if any, this may be an indication of larger changes in the American political landscape.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »

There certainly does seem to be a rather large proportion of Labor-Populist and Progressive Democrats now compared to before the election. I'd guess on November 8th it was evenly split; now most of the Neoliberal and Urban Liberal Democrats have either changed their faction or left the forum. This raises the question of to what extent, if any, this may be an indication of larger changes in the American political landscape.

I think anyone who claims that Hillary's damn-near-stunning loss is anything but BAD news for DLC types going forward in the Democratic Party is in denial.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2017, 03:55:48 PM »

You can't put me in one of your boxes, man.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »

Jurassic Right, ultimately. Although I'm not fond of the sillier factional antics and crass populism often associated with it... but then politics is a disreputable business.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2017, 06:11:14 PM »

Libertarian.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »

Main Street Republican.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »

I think anyone who claims that Hillary's damn-near-stunning loss is anything but BAD news for DLC types going forward in the Democratic Party is in denial.

It may be bad, but it usually takes Dems 2-3 stunning losses and terms of utter irrelevancy to finally, finally kick the bums out.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »

It may be bad, but it usually takes Dems 2-3 stunning losses and terms of utter irrelevancy to finally, finally kick the bums out.
It seems so many here are intolerant of anyone who isn't a progressive. It looks like here there's a major amount of hatred for conservatives, libertarians, centrists, and neoliberals. Most people I personally know are moderate Republicans and average neoliberal Democrats.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies